Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Idaho Jeep in Moab 2010

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #16
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Poison Spider Continued

Lined up for lunch on top.

Misc.

Idaho-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge. A trail we didn't plan on running but because the EJS group was on Poison Spider on the day we planned, we figured Hells would be a great substitute.

Our group in the parking lot... Unfortunately REDLYNER found a damaged control arm mount and had to ride shotgun with his wife in the H3.

Tip over challenge. Photos sure don't make this obstacle look like much - but several rigs have a difficult time getting up it. It is also a little tippy which I guess is where the name comes from.

I don't recall exactly where this was at but was told this was on Hells (I thought it was on Poison Spider).... I don't remember this spot being all that difficult but it did create a nice series of photos. This was a slow climb, but because the one tire came off the ground it looks like Im really on the skinny pedal.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge Continued

The drop - the "trail" down to the bottom of Hells gate.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #19
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge Continued

Hells Gate. I admit this obstacle was a bit intimidating to me - that famous youtube video ran through my head over and over before going up. Fortunately I had a great spotter who I listened to. Thanks cmoore!

A look down from the top. (as usual, photos don't do it justice)

A look up when I was about half way up.

Heading up.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #20
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge Continued

Couple shots of Dax on gate

An epic slick rock trail

Views at the half way point.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hells Revenge Continued

Hot tub

Going down Dragon's Tail.

Escalator - I wanted no part of escalator, maybe next time... cmoore was the only one in our group willing to give it a try. I rode a long with him.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #22
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

One of the really fun things we did during EJS was to go over and watch potato Salad Hill in the evenings. I think we went over 3 or 4 different nights and we were entertained each time. There was a roll over ever time we were there I think and watching the drunk idiots is always fun. Someone poured oil on the hill which made things even more difficult.

Watching from my Jeep.

Some amazing buggies.

Just about went over but saved it.

Then tried the same line up and didn't save it.

And then he got to use his extinguisher.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #23
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Potato Continued

A great series of photos.

Unread 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Potato Continued

After this guy finally came to a stop they rolled him right side up... on top of a boulder... they hooked up to him to pull it off and the fun started again.

Example of "drunken idiot"... some guy broke his leg somehow (was not the guy in the jeep that rolled). I guess he fell down or something... Anyway, it took the ambulance about 30 minutes or so to make it out to the hill and he just laid there. People just stood around the guy watching the rigs continue to go up and down the hill. It was like no one cared much about this poor guy... Looks painful (notice his leg having an extra twist to it...) but I guess all that alcohol helped ease the pain. Question is, which JF member is this?

Even a couple from our group made an attempt. Redarcher89 & Dax gave it a try.. neither made it up but got an A for effort. Steve came real close to going over and decided to opt for some winch help. Dax also made it up close to the top before he broke something and backed down. I thought about giving it a try as it doesn't look all that terrible but was talked out of it by the misses.

Last edited by Idaho-Jeep; 05-25-2010 at 12:50 PM..
Unread 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #25
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tip Toe Behind the Rocks - Big Saturday. This had the makings of a great day... it was Big Saturday which is the day when Moab fills with Jeeps all headed out to their individual trails. They have cops directing traffic and close down side streets for a short period of time when all the jeeps head through town. It was really a neat thing to be a part of! The day started out great, there were frequent stops but the trail was a lot of fun. I had ridden much of this trail in previous years on my dirt bike. About half way through I got a call from the place we were staying (Arch-View Resort) and they said we were supposed to be "checked out by now". We argued for a second as we had paid through that night. They asked us to return ASAP as they had people waiting to check into our cabin. So we had to stop and turn around... I was not happy. When we got back and pulled out our receipt showing we had paid for that night they apologized for making a big mistake. The day was ruined however as I didn't get to finish the trail run.... They made it right with us however and reimbursed us for two nights. So I don't have many photos of this trail.... I think Tina was getting tired of taking so many photos by this last day too as she didn't have many either.

Airing down

The only obstacle I have photos of.

Lastly, a big thanks to Tina (Redarcher89's wife)! She became the trip photographer for our wheeling group and most of these photos are hers. I think that woman must have ran about 50 miles each day up and down the trails trying to get great shots of every jeep. Thanks for capturing all these moments on the trail!

Thanks for looking. Can't wait to get back to Moab next year!
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
Moose512
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow! Great photos. Next year I need to run with you guys so I have pics to show for it.

I also was only able to do half of behind the rocks due to a buddy having a mechanical on his TJ (but we were doing it backwards/did Pritchett first). On the top of my list for next year!
Moose512 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #27
Big4mike9
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome pictures! Cant wait to get a chance to go out there but im all the way in miami, fl.
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #28
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Great thread Jevon! As you know, I've been waiting for this. Excellent pictures (thank you Tina!) and detailed write-up.

That Jeep of yours sure is capable and great looking all at the same time (yes, even with those over-priced shiny tubes! ).

My rig SHOULD be 100% done by next year and due to the Olympics bet that I lost with you, we owe a trip to you and a stay at Casa Jevon before we head out and enjoy the fun.

Didn't you have troubles of some sort last year with the same accomodations?

Great job!
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #29
Moose512
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big4mike9 View Post
Awesome pictures! Cant wait to get a chance to go out there but im all the way in miami, fl.
Me too Big Mike. Six of us from South Fla. (4 JK's & 2 TJ's) made the trip out this year. It is a long haul but well worth it.

We will all be there next year!
Moose512 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #30
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Man those pictures are great. I can't wait to go. I hope next year.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.