How to drive a jeep with no a/c in summer? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > How to drive a jeep with no a/c in summer?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #61
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasinbuy

I remember that thread. I guarantee that his AC system did not work. Other than looking like hell. By the time the cool air reached the front of the cab it would be warm. The AC only worked in the back of his rig.

Try pointing the AC vents in your car to the floor and see if your AC cools your car. It won't.
He said it did. I don't know really. I figure if it blows hard enough it could be somewhat useful with full doors and a hard top. I was just trying to be helpful. Haha.

Unread 01-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #62
bill8bud

1995 YJ Wrangler 

For the money you will spend on AC, I would spend it on a beater car with good AC and leave the Jeep at home when its to hot. I live in an area that does get hot in the summer I just run door less with a long bikini top, and hang a leg out the door to get the natural AC. If it is still to hot I buy a big gulp place it between my legs and find the nearest AC. Do not buy neoprene seat covers they make it miserable in the heat.
bill8bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #63
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

either buy that ac from the 88 wrangler on the other page of hte thread or live with no ac. temps are the same here in south texas. summer is from april to november with temps in the upper 80s and lower 90s with super high humidity. i have ac but put a screw through my evaporator and have been not to enthusiastically searching for a new evaporator. i have driven my jeep to san antonio and to brownsville in the dead of july and august temps. drink lots of water, wear sunglasses, get a full bikini top, and drink water the whole time. you will be worn out when you get where your going if the ride is over an hour because that type of heat beats on you even when its windy, the city i live in is the wind surfing capital and people dehydrate left and right from not enough water and being outside. you're going to need water, period. if the wife is going with the kids and i, we take her pt cruiser. if its just us, we can hang in the wrangler with the top on and a cooler of waters.

i had to google the humidity here because i didn;t know it. we are the 6th most humid city with an average humidity of 78.5%.

for chritmas, we were in the rio frio river skipping rocks and wading for fish because it was almost 80 degrees
Unread 01-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #64
spazzedface
2009 JK Wrangler 

Install the 460 air conditioner. 4 windows down, 60mph, if you can do 60mph.

But seriously windows down isn't that bad. And if your ever going on a long road trip, you can get these http://www.coolshirt.net/
spazzedface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 05:28 PM   #65
Shaneo7
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I think its funny how people defend their case so much in 100+ degree heat telling us try living in a warmer place. Try the UP where its 20 to 40 below 5-6 months out of the year then it hits summer and we get the 100s too yea you don't have it that bad believe me.
Shaneo7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.