Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

How to drive a jeep with no a/c in summer?

12K views 64 replies 46 participants last post by  Shaneo7 
#1 ·
Hi i'm a new owner of a 1993 jeep yj 4.0 and I know it's winter right now, but I wanna know how you guys are able to tolerate the heat in the summer. My jeep has no a/c and I live in Arizona so 110 is the average in the summer during the days.. What should I do to be able to drive in this heat? Haha

#63 ·
either buy that ac from the 88 wrangler on the other page of hte thread or live with no ac. temps are the same here in south texas. summer is from april to november with temps in the upper 80s and lower 90s with super high humidity. i have ac but put a screw through my evaporator and have been not to enthusiastically searching for a new evaporator. i have driven my jeep to san antonio and to brownsville in the dead of july and august temps. drink lots of water, wear sunglasses, get a full bikini top, and drink water the whole time. you will be worn out when you get where your going if the ride is over an hour because that type of heat beats on you even when its windy, the city i live in is the wind surfing capital and people dehydrate left and right from not enough water and being outside. you're going to need water, period. if the wife is going with the kids and i, we take her pt cruiser. if its just us, we can hang in the wrangler with the top on and a cooler of waters.

i had to google the humidity here because i didn;t know it. we are the 6th most humid city with an average humidity of 78.5%.

for chritmas, we were in the rio frio river skipping rocks and wading for fish because it was almost 80 degrees

#65 ·
I think its funny how people defend their case so much in 100+ degree heat telling us try living in a warmer place. Try the UP where its 20 to 40 below 5-6 months out of the year then it hits summer and we get the 100s too yea you don't have it that bad believe me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.