Hate people who think that adding a lift makes a yj a $7000 jeep - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Hate people who think that adding a lift makes a yj a $7000 jeep

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 12-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
stroker90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

jeeps are built not bought. they are a labor of love not a labor of making money. It's a Jeep thing.

stroker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #32
Sawicki4wd
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There's a place local to me called garys jeeps. He buys high mileage older tjs adds lifts tires and under coats um and sells them for way more then they are worth. I went there one day to see of they had anything that caught my fancy and they had a nice tj with a long arm kit and 35s. Wanted like 15k so I started expecting the thing. The oil was burnt the u joints had so much play I would be surprised If they were ever changed. He didn't do a tc drop or a sye. And the freshly under coated frame gave me worrie so I asked to test drive it and he said sure got it to my friends shop but it in a lift and took a magnet to the frame and found to spots on the frame that were bondoed up. I called him out on all of This and he said no the frame was fine and couldn't explain why the magnet wouldn't stick to the 2 spots. Not to mention the low 150,000 miles on the od. I'm like well I'll give you kbb amd he said he had 8k invested and I said where you have a rc lift $450 some cheap no name tires and some Walmart off road lights. That does not add up to 8k in parts. He said "trust me it does you must not know alot about jeeps" I said your right sorry I didn't know building 3 jeeps Ment I was clueless.
Sawicki4wd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.