genuine gear exchange at 4wheelParts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > genuine gear exchange at 4wheelParts

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.comAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kits

Unread 08-19-2006, 01:24 AM   #1
TXjeepTJ

genuine gear exchange at 4wheelParts

my rear pinion gear basicly blew up and since it has a lifetime warranty we took it back to 4wheelparts to get it exchanged (genuine gears)

we walked in and the manager looked at the ring and pinion very carefully and said that he wouldnt be able to exchange the gears, because from the pattern on the teeth of the ring gear it was set up wrong.. soo after a while of arguing that it was set up wrong my dad said we'd just buy another kit so the sales man brought out the new ring and pinion gears

examining the new set on the counter, the first thing we saw when we opened the box (genuine gears-same brand) was a card that said "LIFE TIME WARRANTY! break it, burn it up, blow it up! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!"

i thought it was pretty funny

TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2006, 02:04 AM   #2
Kahu
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so did they get replaced? or did you have to buy the second set?
Kahu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
TXjeepTJ

they replaced them(for free) and apologized
TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

IMO 4wheel parts sucks! Ive had nothing but bad experiences with them the two times i delt with them. They're too big for their own good IMO. But im glad u got you new gears for free in the end, you were definatly entitled to them according to their warranty!
'04 WJ
The Past:
'83 CJ7, '92 YJ, '00 XJ, '99 TJ, '05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
Why J?
1993 YJ Wrangler 

4wd is a joke, had to have 4 front and rear bumpers sent to me due to improper packaging which damaged the bumpers in transit. The they gave me a hard time when the 4th set got here and i decided to just get a refuind.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-pissed-wife-747535/
Phase II 5.3L/4L60e then NV3550
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...stall-1400506/
Why J? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.