First time wheeling a new (to me) Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > First time wheeling a new (to me) Jeep

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-09-2006, 03:21 AM   #1
YJ-Mike

First time wheeling a new (to me) Jeep

I bought my first Jeep in 1984. It was a 72 CJ-5 w/ a tired 304. I picked up a 360 w/ 25K from Smiths in CT for $250. Dropped that thing in over a weekend, and was very happy with the result.

The next weekend, the wife and I decided to go wheeling in the sand off of Exit 6 in RI. We were playing around, having a good time, and noticed a group of vehicles on top of a small dune. So we joined up with them, and I asked if there was any mud around (had to get the thing dirty). One of the guys was driving a Trooper, and another had a new Scrambler with every little chrome doodad to be had.

Anyhow, they all started smiling and told me to follow them. I followed down a narrow dirt road until it opened up into a good sized area with a large, long mud hole. We all stopped and got to survey things prior to giving it a try. At this point the guy in the Scrambler comes up to me and asks "Who did that sh*tty Bondo job on the back of your Jeep?" I told him to go check out the Bondo work up close. He came back with his eyes wide.

What he thought was Bondo was actually welds that just weren't ground down. The fella in NH I bought the CJ from was a metal-worker, he made the entire body from 12 ga stainless. After asking me what I had under the hood, he then sheepishly told me he only had a 4-banger in his when he found out about the 360.

God, why did I ever sell that thing?

Oh, and I definitely got stuck in that mud hole, no wonder the locals smiled when I asked about mud.

Mike

YJ-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
ImSuck

well at least you attempted it hahaha sounds like fun.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.