Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 99 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #1471
blacksmithdog
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We least about 280 acres for bird dog training and quail hunting. One day last winter I saw something on the far side of one of the fields. My dog and I wandered over there, and what I saw was a Ford pickup, about a year old, burned to the ground.

I assume someone stole it, went joy riding in it, and then burned it down. I guess the owner could have been tired of making payments on it as well.

blacksmithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #1472
stjjames
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokthraka View Post
well it wasnt off-roading but when the place me and my dad went shooting was closed to be mined for a year or 2. we went around and looked for a new place and we went down an unpaved road and we saw a few other cars. then we saw TONS of no tresspassing signs and there was a military base. was near a place called Browns camp in oregon. was in tillamook county. well not sure if it was a base but it was something that was supposed to be out of the way and not seen

Camp Rilea ?
Unread 08-29-2009, 09:55 PM   #1473
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabotage View Post
i wasn't wheeling, but if u drive in downtown Detroit like the abandoned parts ull see some of the eeriest looking buildings and old equipment ever. looks like those post apocalyptic zombie games
Yea...If you drive through Highland Park on woodward there is the original model t factory....across the street are some pretty cool "urban ruins"...love exploring down there, especially the old train station. Here is a cool link that you might enjoy. Did you know they shot the last scene from Transformers there? lol

Exploring the Abandoned Michigan Central Station

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #1474
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

When I was in kentucky we found some old coal mines but they were collapsed. Then we found a old grave yard probably coal miners that died back in the day.
Last year my cousin and me were taking a break from riding on some trails in northern michigan when we found a huge safe out in the woods about 200 hundred feet off the trail, that thing must of been there for 50 years because it has sunk into the ground about a foot with huge trees around it, I have know ides how it even got out there? The safe is locked but we are the only ones that know where it is so maybe we will go get it one of these days now that I have a winch lol.
Unread 08-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #1475
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

In Westchester County NY (suburbs of NYC along Hudson River) there is a place where there is an old horse racing track out in the middle of the woods. Its pretty cool. Can't wheel there, but people ride dirt bikes in around there. Its not far off of some roads actually. There is a geocache there which is why I found it.
biffgnar is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #1476
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool92yj View Post
When I was in kentucky we found some old coal mines but they were collapsed. Then we found a old grave yard probably coal miners that died back in the day.
Last year my cousin and me were taking a break from riding on some trails in northern michigan when we found a huge safe out in the woods about 200 hundred feet off the trail, that thing must of been there for 50 years because it has sunk into the ground about a foot with huge trees around it, I have know ides how it even got out there? The safe is locked but we are the only ones that know where it is so maybe we will go get it one of these days now that I have a winch lol.
probably not worth your time, they lock when you close them, so its gotta be empty. tho it would be worth its weight in scrap for sure.
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 10:05 AM   #1477
Cool92yj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBanditx View Post
probably not worth your time, they lock when you close them, so its gotta be empty. tho it would be worth its weight in scrap for sure.
Yea I think someone might of stole it or something and dumped it way back there but who knows. yea that thing must weigh around 600 pounds.
Unread 08-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #1478
gmp211
2002 WJ 

I was wheeling at this sand pit that happens to have this lake that is 3 miles long. Well, me and a couple buddys stopped at the lake(its in the center of the pit). We were just looking at it and taking picures and stuff. Then I saw some shoes floating in the water. The first thing that came to mind is, "That sucks, dude had no shoes". Then we looked closer and it was a dead body floating in the middle of this lake.

We didn't call the cops or anything, but we left ASAP. I do live in NJ and my bet is it was the mafia.
Unread 08-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #1479
1997_Sport

Yum, why did you call the police? Are get the location and called when you got home? It could have been a girl who was raped and now other then finding her and possible getting evidence to get the person he is free to rape and kill others. If it was recent inform the police man.

Yeah its NJ and it could be the mafia and if it is nothing will happen but its better to just know that it was mafia then a 15 year old girl.

No jeep but I do have a 04.5 Cummins with a 4in exhaust, edge j/a, and I guess thats it....for now
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 06:27 PM   #1480
XbajaJeepX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp211 View Post
I was wheeling at this sand pit that happens to have this lake that is 3 miles long. Well, me and a couple buddys stopped at the lake(its in the center of the pit). We were just looking at it and taking picures and stuff. Then I saw some shoes floating in the water. The first thing that came to mind is, "That sucks, dude had no shoes". Then we looked closer and it was a dead body floating in the middle of this lake.

We didn't call the cops or anything, but we left ASAP. I do live in NJ and my bet is it was the mafia.
I'm sorry, but you are a ******.
Unread 08-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #1481
_Kevin
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Weirdest thing I've seen was a Mexican just chilling out in the middle of nowhere... He had an old mountain bike, an apple, and was sitting on a milk crate, and looked just as surprised to see us, as we were to see him
_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #1482
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp211 View Post

Should have called the cops.

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #1483
mudking_ky87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i was back down running on some of the trails around me, and came accross a mid 90's chevy sitting on the side of the trail, nothing special, all stock with a camper shell, but it was in the middle of NOWHERE, and no1 was around..... dunno if it was stolen or what
97' TJ Sport 2.5" - 3" suspension Rancho? lift, 3" BL, Smittybuilt SRC Rear bumper, KC lighing, Tube front bumper and side steps, warn x8000i winch, 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ, magnaflow exhaust, gibson Hi flow cat. more to come in the future!
mudking_ky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #1484
MT_Ranger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick1102 View Post

back in the states, i've come across an old civil war cannon ball and some other randomness. after reading this thread i cant wait to try and gather some more stories.

If you still have that cannonball, I'd get it disarmed by someone qualified.

FOXNews.com - Virginia Man Killed In Civil War Cannonball Blast - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #552[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
MT_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 11:58 PM   #1485
jayj1988
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i wasnt in my jeep but was riding in my honda fl350 (odyssey dune buggy) with a friend a on a dirtbike and his g/f on a big red 3 wheeler in the beautiful forest mountains of northern quebec..anyway we found a trail leading to a street so we followed it and went to eat at a snack bar, it was getting dark so we headed back up the road to the trail but somehow got lost..very lost, couldnt find any main trails or the road and my odyssey ran out of gas and the dirtbike too..(damn 2 stokes :P) so we decided to spend the night there, light a fire and everything..then we started hearing some branches cracking and breaking..we tought it was wolves ..pretty scary when your not in a closed vehicle..so we started the big red and made some nice redline revs to scare them off...seemed to work, so the plan was to attach the dirtbike to the back of the odyssey with my lock-cable and pull the oddy with the 3 wheeler since none of us wanted to stay 1 more minute in that place.. (6 hours being there) while doing that...about 10 minutes later the branches cracking came back but now it was high up in the trees..that really freaked us out so we got the hell out of there and on our way out we saw the most amazing thing i have ever saw in the woods...it was a dog-sized bear-headed like creature with a long fury tail...turned out it was a wolverine.No one had ever seen one over here since a loooong time and they are now exctinct here in quebec..well thats what they say !!
jayj1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.