Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 92 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #1366
Mino
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockGrimes View Post
I wasn't offroad but was driving my old cj-7 north of augusta, GA somewhere in SC never can remember the place till I drive thru there. But anyway I was driving along late one night headed to see a girl, it was late I had worked a long shift and was running behind. I can't recall the time but it musta been around 11 o'clock or so. It's dark on that stretch no house or lights. Well it started to drizzle rain, it was Nov. and was cold I had no heat in the jeep. I'm driving along minding my business when I see what appears to be a person walking along the road. I slow down and sure enough it was a young girl, somewhere between 18 and 20 I guess. I stopped and asked if she needed a lift. Middle of nowhere what was a gentleman to do... She said yeah that her ride kicked her out and she was walking to try and get home. So we drove down the road, briefly chatting, I appologized for the lack of hear and offered her a old army wool blanket I kept in the floor behind the seat. She got it out and covered up some what trying to stay warm. Down the road I see lights from what appears to be a gas station, she says I'll get out here, and points to what looked like an old logging road, I said I can drive you up to your house is it down the road? She said no she would be fine, so I stopped and let her out, I asked again if she would be ok and she insisted that she would be fine. I said ok and she walked towards to road and I drove down the road to the gas station. I got gas and went in and paid, upon mentioning the girl the color in the clerks face faded away. I asked if something was wrong and the lady explained that the girl I had given a ride to had died several years before. She had been hit by a passing car after her boyfriend kicked her out of the car for not putting out. People see her walking the road from time to time. I even had a buddy tell me he saw her but didn't stop.
This is very similar to an old Mexican legend (many other cultures may have similar stories for that matter) about a girl who gets picked up by a guy on a rural highway. The girl tells him to drop her off by a road that would lead to her house. The dude gives her his jacket to stay warm during the walk to her house. The next morning the guy searches for the girl and finally tracks down the girl's home. Only problem is, after speaking to the girl's parents, he finds out she's been dead for some time. Refusing to believe their story, the parents took the young man to the girl's tombstone and there was his jacket.

There have actually been many corridos (kind of like Mexican folk songs) written about the incident. It's very ingrained in the culture, especially in northern Mexico.

3" suspension lift, K&N cold air intake, Pro Comp MX6 shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects & Front Track Bar, Dynomax Cat-Back system, SYE kit, Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, Aussie Locker, and Warn XD9000i winch
Mino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:38 PM   #1367
JFranko
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I wasn't offroad but was driving my old cj-7 north of augusta, GA somewhere in SC never can remember the place till I drive thru there. But anyway I was driving along late one night headed to see a girl, it was late I had worked a long shift and was running behind. I can't recall the time but it musta been around 11 o'clock or so. It's dark on that stretch no house or lights. Well it started to drizzle rain, it was Nov. and was cold I had no heat in the jeep. I'm driving along minding my business when I see what appears to be a person walking along the road. I slow down and sure enough it was a young girl, somewhere between 18 and 20 I guess. I stopped and asked if she needed a lift. Middle of nowhere what was a gentleman to do... She said yeah that her ride kicked her out and she was walking to try and get home. So we drove down the road, briefly chatting, I appologized for the lack of hear and offered her a old army wool blanket I kept in the floor behind the seat. She got it out and covered up some what trying to stay warm. Down the road I see lights from what appears to be a gas station, she says I'll get out here, and points to what looked like an old logging road, I said I can drive you up to your house is it down the road? She said no she would be fine, so I stopped and let her out, I asked again if she would be ok and she insisted that she would be fine. I said ok and she walked towards to road and I drove down the road to the gas station. I got gas and went in and paid, upon mentioning the girl the color in the clerks face faded away. I asked if something was wrong and the lady explained that the girl I had given a ride to had died several years before. She had been hit by a passing car after her boyfriend kicked her out of the car for not putting out. People see her walking the road from time to time. I even had a buddy tell me he saw her but didn't stop.

Damn... that gave me goosebumps.
RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #494
JFranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #1368
bradf814
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
Inspired by the VWvortex forum on the same just wondering if anyone has any ghost or supernatural tales from a late night wheeling trip or something similar.
i dont have a supernatural tale, but i got a scary one.
me and my friend were driving around in his 2wd nissan pick up, off roading, but nothing major obviously. anyways, there are theses cave up off of a trail and we decided to go to them. its maybe 11 at night and you can only see whats in your headlights, pitch black. so we are driving along and we see this kid, maybe ten years old. my friend stops since my window was open, i asked the kid if he was okay. his back was towards us and he didnt say anything. so i asked again and he turns around. the light from the headlights shined off of what the kid had in his hand, and thats when we realized, it was a machete.

needless to say, we booked it out of there as fast as we could. we always see satanic drawings and whatnot up there by the caves but we never took them seriously. probably the most scared i have been in my life.
Zombie Hunters #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJandMe View Post
Ride topless, wave, and be F-ing happy! (write that down)
bradf814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #1369
Jeremy_C
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
i dont have a supernatural tale, but i got a scary one.
me and my friend were driving around in his 2wd nissan pick up, off roading, but nothing major obviously. anyways, there are theses cave up off of a trail and we decided to go to them. its maybe 11 at night and you can only see whats in your headlights, pitch black. so we are driving along and we see this kid, maybe ten years old. my friend stops since my window was open, i asked the kid if he was okay. his back was towards us and he didnt say anything. so i asked again and he turns around. the light from the headlights shined off of what the kid had in his hand, and thats when we realized, it was a machete.
HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEET
Jeremy_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #1370
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
WOW dude, that's flippin NUTS!
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #1371
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i just got creeped out and looked over my shoulder hahaha great story though
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #1372
wk4u2nv
2006 WK 

I have a supernatural story to share.

Back in 2005 i was in Afghanistan for my first tour. We were patrolling in a valley that was known for it's many caves and hiding spots. After some time we took a little break. I was sitting on a rock having a quick smoke when i heard "chad, you have 5 targets coming up on you from your right" i heard this over our headsets. I look to my right and sure as hell 5 guys were trying to sneak up on us. so i yelled that we have targets, and a fire fight ensued. to keep a long story short. Our CO came up to me and asked how i knew about them(they were actually using cover pretty damn good). and i just told him that someone told me over the headsets, and asked didnt anyone else hear it. nobody heard it and i was kind of freaked out, cause all our headsets are on the same channel and if i heard they should of heard it to. It's hard to paint a picture of where we were, but i figured a scout sniper team might have spotted them cause form where we were it was extremely difficult to see them unless you had some high ground, but i was told that there werent any scout snipers withing 10 miles of us. so i guess i have a guardian.
Dark side member #18 http://groups.jeepforum.com/The_Dark_Side
wk4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #1373
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wk4u2nv View Post
I have a supernatural story to share.

Back in 2005 i was in Afghanistan for my first tour. We were patrolling in a valley that was known for it's many caves and hiding spots. After some time we took a little break. I was sitting on a rock having a quick smoke when i heard "chad, you have 5 targets coming up on you from your right" i heard this over our headsets. I look to my right and sure as hell 5 guys were trying to sneak up on us. so i yelled that we have targets, and a fire fight ensued. to keep a long story short. Our CO came up to me and asked how i knew about them(they were actually using cover pretty damn good). and i just told him that someone told me over the headsets, and asked didnt anyone else hear it. nobody heard it and i was kind of freaked out, cause all our headsets are on the same channel and if i heard they should of heard it to. It's hard to paint a picture of where we were, but i figured a scout sniper team might have spotted them cause form where we were it was extremely difficult to see them unless you had some high ground, but i was told that there werent any scout snipers withing 10 miles of us. so i guess i have a guardian.
Very nice! I have had a few experiences like that when I was working on the AWACS... Hearing things over the intercom, etc... Nothing near as life saving as yours, but a few things that made me think twice and helped to keep me from getting seriously injured. I've also seen some things that should not happen on a few of the jets... Like hydraulics coming on when there is no power applied to the jet, etc... Also saw someone one time in a seat on the jet, in the middle of the night, when the jet was closed up, during the weekend. They were pretty far up the fuselage and when I went to go see who it was, they ducked behind a console and when I got up to that console, they were gone... I asked security forces if they had seen anyone go in or out recently and they said I was the only one for about 4 hours... It is a high security flight line area where I worked...

Only real time I have seen some "ghostly" stuff is on the aircraft. I do believe that our fallen military brothers and sisters are watching after us.
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #1374
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

I lived at Lake Mead for many years and found all kinds of things in the back country. I volunteered for the Park Service. One day driving to town I heard there was an accident on the road and it was shut down. I turned off onto this road that went down to the lake. The water level has been dropping and this spot wasn't used anymore, or so I thought. It's a wash about a 1/4 mile wide and close to a mile long from the road to the water. Has some tall brush about 10 feet or so and is pretty dense, why it isn't used anymore. I'm heading out on a different trail and there is a lady sitting there about 1/4 mile from the water. I asked if she was ok and she said her and her uncle got stuck there last night and if I could pull them out. I had to help her get up and into my Jeep and drove to thier 2wd small pu. Her uncle was walking around looking up into the sun, he was in his early 60's. I asked her about him and she said she's worried about him because they partied all day the day before and they had no water only Jack and he is acting weird. I only had an ice chest with hot melted ice water in it. She falls down and starts convulsing.
I had my park service radio with me and called for EMS. Remember the accident, well it was not too bad after all and one of the ambulance was sent to me. Flight for life was also on standby because the accident was reported to be really bad. While I waited for the ambulance to show up I put some towels in the ice chest water and put one on her and one on the uncle. Long story short, Flight for like was sent too but because the temp in the wash was 130 degrees it could only take one at a time. They both had heat stroke and the flight nurse said they had less than 10 minutes to live without medical care.
Talk about scary, I had two people lives in my hands and did not know what to do for them. Since then I have taken EMT classes and volunteered as an EMT along with search and rescue. I have a lot more stories since this happened.
semikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #1375
xj287
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by semikrazy View Post
I lived at Lake Mead for many years and found all kinds of things in the back country. I volunteered for the Park Service. One day driving to town I heard there was an accident on the road and it was shut down. I turned off onto this road that went down to the lake. The water level has been dropping and this spot wasn't used anymore, or so I thought. It's a wash about a 1/4 mile wide and close to a mile long from the road to the water. Has some tall brush about 10 feet or so and is pretty dense, why it isn't used anymore. I'm heading out on a different trail and there is a lady sitting there about 1/4 mile from the water. I asked if she was ok and she said her and her uncle got stuck there last night and if I could pull them out. I had to help her get up and into my Jeep and drove to thier 2wd small pu. Her uncle was walking around looking up into the sun, he was in his early 60's. I asked her about him and she said she's worried about him because they partied all day the day before and they had no water only Jack and he is acting weird. I only had an ice chest with hot melted ice water in it. She falls down and starts convulsing.
I had my park service radio with me and called for EMS. Remember the accident, well it was not too bad after all and one of the ambulance was sent to me. Flight for life was also on standby because the accident was reported to be really bad. While I waited for the ambulance to show up I put some towels in the ice chest water and put one on her and one on the uncle. Long story short, Flight for like was sent too but because the temp in the wash was 130 degrees it could only take one at a time. They both had heat stroke and the flight nurse said they had less than 10 minutes to live without medical care.
Talk about scary, I had two people lives in my hands and did not know what to do for them. Since then I have taken EMT classes and volunteered as an EMT along with search and rescue. I have a lot more stories since this happened.
WOW Dude two thumbs up to you!! thats awesome you have two lives in your hands and you came through!! you got my respect!!
Recovery Crew Club #1
Night Crew #254
RED JEEP CLUB #545
1999 XJ 4 door 4.0 4.5in lift 33x12.50 more mods will be listed
1996 ZJ All stock currently debating what lift and how much to trim!
xj287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #1376
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

It was like I was directed to them by a higher power, everything worked out perfect. What are the chances of there being an accident not two miles away with plenty of medical personal. Me just happen by on the one trail I never take, and me taking the park service radio with me that day. Not something I do unless I am working. Flight for life was on standby. It was in an area that it would have taken EMS 30 to 45 mins to show up if they were not just a couple miles away. It worked out just right.
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #1377
Mymmars
1989 YJ Wrangler 

where i live is off of a highway that has quite a few deaths on the road per year. well, on my birthday (may24th) to of the local men in a roadster smeared themselves across a rock wall. their is now two crosses setup for them. with names. hog and mitch.

well, one day my jeep fely like it had an odd shimmy in her step and her breaks were not working, the breaks i knew i had to work on beacuse their is more mud than break fluid in my resivoar but it was still enough so stop me. well i got home and did a general check of all my zerk fittings to make sure everything was greased properly and to see if their was still fluid in my power steering pump. everything looked fine no reason why my girl should be getting a scary hop in her usually stable and smmoth driving experience. well i left the house driving towards one of the local crossroads and she did a little shimmy and i just thought it was a bump in the road i haddent noticed.... then i got practically sideways.... and time slowed down..... and while im fighting my jeep back from upsetting and flipping herselfi notice i am going right by mitch and hog ***** crosses. the memory is crisp, i was so focused on not dieing but still a part of my mind went "well isnt that odd" before i somehow managed to put her back on all fours. i stopped when my breaks finally decided to start working again and pulled over and checked everything and all looked ok. but i started driving slow now and i had another hiccupp but nothing so... scary. turned out that the wheel bearing on the right front tire had given up the ghost and was just running on the races and my wide tires to stay upright untill they got unbalanced. its one of my more "here is your life passing by one second at a time moments" and just where it happened and what i had to do to not add a 3rd cross was just quite odd in my opinion.

i dont know

Nightcrew member #095
Mymmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 05:31 AM   #1378
semikrazy
1976 CJ5 

In the desert around Las Vegas me and my four wheeling buddy found all kinds of normal finds. There are all kinds of mine shafts, without going in any we would walk around them. You could find old tools, their old dumps with cool old glass bottles and old cans, some you could read the label still. We never took anything, left them for the next person to discover. We always said if we every found anything of value or historic we would give it to the University. We never did tho.

Not Jeep related finds, but a friend of mine worked at a Houseboat rental place, and the things people leave behind, even famous people. She found a tape of Tommy Lee and Pamala Anderson, I'm sure they left it to be found. People would come out for a week on the lake and buy things just for the trip, then leave them. Fishing poles and tackle, Inflatables that you pull behind boats, all kinds of stuff they did not have room to take back with them.
Unread 07-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #1379
Mediarocker

Today I was testing out my Serpentine adjustment and decided to drive down the road. I was doing the speed limit.. 45... and The road was clear... Then i look and see the faint figure of a person walking in the middle of my lane with their back towards me and I was like "OH ****!" I couldn't stop. I slammed on my brakes and Swerved into oncoming traffic, once i passed, There was no one there. I received an angry horn blast from the car i had scared the **** out of but....i swore there was a person there.

There wasn't.

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #1380
Tony89
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Some buddies of mine found an old bus at the top of some pretty difficult trails. No way in hell it was driven up there anytime recently. Looked like someone was living out of it, or using it as a hunting camp possibly. One of them said it had some fairly recent magazines inside, but looked like nobody had been in there for months. The friend that wouldn't go inside said the whole place game him a creepy feeling, and he's usually the one that wants to explore stuff like that.

Tony89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.