Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 91 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-29-2009, 08:37 PM   #1351
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
My cousin is all the weapon I needed! LOL! Really, we are all fairly big (not fat) even when I was 13... They were 19 and 20. Both were football players, but my cousin played for the Huskies and broke a few of their records... Not to mention, he can knock a lot of people out with just one punch... Again, I wasn't scared as long as he was there! LOL! But my brother did keep a gun with him...
haha well see thats a difference with me being 6'2" n 140 id be scared. But atleast you had a gun with you guys just in case anything serious happened.

Unread 06-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #1352
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Inspired by the VWvortex forum on the same just wondering if anyone has any ghost or supernatural tales from a late night wheeling trip or something similar. I was out on a trail near here ( its now a $$$ neighborhood ) and we saw a truck ontop of the hill. This was a pretty rough trail at the time and as we got closer ( about 20 yds away ) it looked like and older truck from the late fortys ( Chevy actually ). Anyway it had just gotten dark and we got right up to it. The headlights were on ( Kinda dim ) and it was idling. Looked pretty rough but no one was in it. We started to get out when we heard a clunk and it started down the hill we had just came up. As it went further down the hill it just sorta faded out till only the left tail light we all we could see and that vanished. IT didn't just roll like gravity took ahold but more like it was being driven. Kinda feaky and we hauled *** out. No way a 2wd drive truck like that could make it up there to begin with. Dunno.

Meant to post this a while back.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 12:40 PM   #1353
Canfourjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ghosts, Goblins, and Witches.

Total fairy tales. If you think you are going to be reincarnated you are out of luck. Only thing I found was a 69 Mercury about 15 miles down the beach at Corpus Christi and not sure how it got there.
Canfourjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2009, 02:06 PM   #1354
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I enjoy wheeling abandoned railroad corridors. You find all kind of neat stuff. Old railway equipment, signal stands, concrete bunkers. One area I go to is kept clear for hiking and four wheelers. The trail ends on a concrete trestle that crosses a large creek. The bridge is very old but extremely sturdy. Anyway, the XJ can barely fit down a small dirt bike trail on the opposite side of it and I can sometimes get it under the bridge. Lots of graffitti and the like.

One time I was wheeling a railbed I hadn't been on before. Guys ahead of me were on quads and as I started over one spot, my XJ sunk to the diff. Turns out I drove right onto a very small "woodpile trestle" which crossed a drainage ditch. It was so overgrown along this railbed that I didn't even realize I came upon a bridge. The Jeep wasn't on center and sunk thru the rotted center ties. Was able to back off of it in 4 Lo but that was the end of that trail. Thankfully it was only about four feet down instead of forty feet down.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 07:03 AM   #1355
ExNeph
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadetklapp View Post
I enjoy wheeling abandoned railroad corridors. You find all kind of neat stuff. Old railway equipment, signal stands, concrete bunkers..
You do find all sorts of neat stuff around railbeds. Haven't found it by wheeling, but hiking down near an old rail weigh station (Heh, sounds like railway.), we found all sorts of odd things. Steel cups and plates, a couple old shoes, even a rotted old hat that looked like one of those conductor hats. Last time down there we found a big pile of rail spikes and retaining plates. Might not seem like a great find, but still, they are pretty neat. Plus, any time you're near tracks, look for the shiny silver-ish porous rocks.

Stuff I found wheeling.. Mainly old garbarge that people dump out in the IP here. Washers, toilets, sinks, shingles, roofing supplies, nails, beer bottles, old toys.. Probably the coolest thing we found was the old boom. Found it years ago.
Looks kind of like this:
http://mikes.railhistory.railfan.net/imfile/04580.jpg

Big, rusted, and red. Don't know if the boom still exists out there, but you could see the drag lines for it scattered everywhere. I'll have to get everything in the jeep fixed up and find it again, and take some pictures. If anyone is around Nanticoke, PA, and they can get out the IP, the last place I remember seeing it is past the sand pit on the main drag, past the lake-puddle and hill, and off to the right down a sandy-silt path in a clearing. Here's to hoping no one hacked it up or shot the hell out of it more.

Parts broken/blown up: Engine, clutch, transmission synchros, wheel joint, wheel bearing, front driveshaft u-joints, front shaft oil seal, radiator, water pump, belt, passenger door latch, cat-back exhaust system, front fender flares, front axle seal, transfer case output seal, rear driveshaft u-joints, parking brake..
ExNeph is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #1356
Mino
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1130 View Post
Well, your luck has just changed Mino! I was out camping with my brother and cousin one night out in the woods after doing some trail riding. This is on my uncles property at the base of Capital Forest in Washington. Anyways, after the sun goes down we put up our tents and start the fire. It's about 9:30 PM by the time we get everything together and sit down and have the fire chat. An hour later, we look up on the horizon and see a green glowing light... Not like an aircraft, trust me, I know the difference... In the Air Force for 6 years. But it is WAY off in the distance... A few seconds later it bursts into a fireball! The fireball itself was also green with a bit of blue/white in the middle of the flames... Then we hear a loud whistle like a bottle rocket only MUCH louder... The altitude must have been 5,000 ft or so and was still fairly loud. The fireball goes streaking across the sky, about a mile or so to the south of where we were camping and the fireball went out... A few seconds later we saw a flash in the sky and then the very faint sound of what may have been a crash... We all though it was a meteor and would look for it in the morning since it was pitch black and we weren't TOO familiar with this area...

We end up going to bed around 12:30 - 1:00 in the morning. At 2:30, my cousin was woken up by some snapping twigs about 150-100 feet away and they sounded like they were getting closer... It became obvious that they were foot steps, however this was private property and seriously out in the middle of no where. At least 5 miles from any sort of house/business... So what were the footsteps? Cousin gets out of the tent and goes to investigate. The twig snapping stopped immediately. 5 minutes go by with nothing. Cousin goes back to the tent. The snapping starts again and this time it was VERY close. Within 50 feet. We are bound to see something now... This time we all get out and the twig snappage stops AGAIN! This time we let 30 minutes go by... Go back to bed and then more sounds outside... Whatever, going back to sleep...

We all finally wake up around 8:00 the next morning and step outside... We saw some obvious signs of something being there like disrupted dew on the grass and some freshly kicked around dirt... It came to our campsite and made two or so circles around the fire and went back off in the same direction where the footprints came which so happened to be the direction of the crash the night before... A few of the footprints had a red slime in them and this stuff stunk like butthole! It looked almost like blood but thick and slimey and a bit more orange...

We pack up camp and decide to go for a hike towards the crash site and see if we could find anything and possibly follow the tracks back to where they came from... We ended up losing the tracks due to the changing landscape and all... But we decided to just travel a straight line towards the crash area... About 45 minutes into our hike we noticed some tree branches way up, that were broken and some had fallen and one downed tree. That must be where we want... Go run over to it and there was brush and whatnot laid flat and some char marks on some of the trees... There was no meteor though?

It definitely looked as though something was there though! There was about a 15 foot circular area where the grass was just flat and the bushes were also broken... We found another small area that had the red slime stuff... At this point we decided to go hit the road again and head home.

It was a freaky experience and I am unsure of what it could have been... My cousin thinks it was a UFO and I think it was a meteor still... I also think it was deer by our campsite the night before... Cousin thinks it was an alien...

I still don't believe in aliens/UFO's but my cousin is VERY convinced.

I don't think it was an alien because my *** didn't hurt the next morning... Hahaha... But really... Just one of the strange experiences where a series of events makes you think what it could have been, but you know it really wasn't... The only thing I am still confused at is the slime stuff...
Crazy story. Thanks. I'm a believer in extra-terrestrial life but I must admit that I've never seen anything to support my belief. Honestly, I think I'd be too scared to approach anything other worldly.
3" suspension lift, K&N cold air intake, Pro Comp MX6 shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects & Front Track Bar, Dynomax Cat-Back system, SYE kit, Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, Aussie Locker, and Warn XD9000i winch
Mino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:48 AM   #1357
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

LOL! Yeah, don't get me wrong... I was scared as hell, being 13 and all... I think my brother and cousin were also scared but not as much as me. It was also very fun for me as I like to be scared. Haven't been scared in a LONG time...
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #1358
kadetklapp
1997 XJ Cherokee 

If any of you are from southern Indiana, check out an area called "Lucky Point" near Monroe City around Vincennes. http://rking.vinu.edu/point1.htm

We were out there one night in my best friend's ZJ and had an oddity occur. His backlighting on his dash started flickering on and off which it had never done before. His dog was going nuts.

It is said that if you spend any kind of time in the Lucky Point area you will see something you cannot explain.

2008 "Jeep" Patriot <-----Crap.
kadetklapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #1359
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

ThaBrad, I would be embarassed to have admitted to any of that in public in your above post that another mod deleted. I hope you've straightened up since then.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #1360
thaBrad
1999 WJ 

Oh geez! We we all young and dumb once in our life! I wasn't trying to tell people "go do drugs" or anything. Just had that memory come to me and it was unusual so I shared. Embarrassed? Nah...I'm no different then the other guy. Sorry to offend if I did, again didn't see anything wrong with it.
thaBrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #1361
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

well I was out exploring around my local creek and I usually go to and I found a OLD doll nailed to a tree through
both eyes.

eh that **** freaks me out.

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #1362
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaBrad View Post
Oh geez! We we all young and dumb once in our life! I wasn't trying to tell people "go do drugs" or anything. Just had that memory come to me and it was unusual so I shared. Embarrassed? Nah...I'm no different then the other guy. Sorry to offend if I did, again didn't see anything wrong with it.
i thought the story was funny and good. So i say no need to say sorry to him just because he thinks its wrong. But either way good story.
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #1363
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaBrad View Post
Embarrassed? Nah...I'm no different then the other guy. Sorry to offend if I did, again didn't see anything wrong with it.
I don't want to get into a long drawn out thing here and I'm not going to mention what you said you did in your other post the other mod deleted... but if you think what you did is typical among teenagers, you're sadly mistaken. A very few do what you did but don't kid yourself that what you did "is no different than the other guy". This country would be in a much worse condition if that particular type of unsafe, irresponsible, and illegal behavior was common among teenagers. I spent many years as a youth leader and most kids have enough common sense to know not to do that kind of dangerous and irresponsible behavior. To even condone what was done in that post is equally irresponsible.

When you get old enough to have a teenage son of that age, are YOU going to tell YOUR son it's ok and cool to go out and do what you did? As a parent with two adult daughters and an 18 year old son living at home, I don't THINK so. At least I sure hope you don't... as you might just find yourself attending your son's funeral or at the least, taking him to a hospital or bailing him out of jail.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:29 PM   #1364
BrockGrimes

I wasn't offroad but was driving my old cj-7 north of augusta, GA somewhere in SC never can remember the place till I drive thru there. But anyway I was driving along late one night headed to see a girl, it was late I had worked a long shift and was running behind. I can't recall the time but it musta been around 11 o'clock or so. It's dark on that stretch no house or lights. Well it started to drizzle rain, it was Nov. and was cold I had no heat in the jeep. I'm driving along minding my business when I see what appears to be a person walking along the road. I slow down and sure enough it was a young girl, somewhere between 18 and 20 I guess. I stopped and asked if she needed a lift. Middle of nowhere what was a gentleman to do... She said yeah that her ride kicked her out and she was walking to try and get home. So we drove down the road, briefly chatting, I appologized for the lack of hear and offered her a old army wool blanket I kept in the floor behind the seat. She got it out and covered up some what trying to stay warm. Down the road I see lights from what appears to be a gas station, she says I'll get out here, and points to what looked like an old logging road, I said I can drive you up to your house is it down the road? She said no she would be fine, so I stopped and let her out, I asked again if she would be ok and she insisted that she would be fine. I said ok and she walked towards to road and I drove down the road to the gas station. I got gas and went in and paid, upon mentioning the girl the color in the clerks face faded away. I asked if something was wrong and the lady explained that the girl I had given a ride to had died several years before. She had been hit by a passing car after her boyfriend kicked her out of the car for not putting out. People see her walking the road from time to time. I even had a buddy tell me he saw her but didn't stop.
USN Jeep Club Hull #1
CJ Forum
BrockGrimes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:33 PM   #1365
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

damn thats ****ing creepy as anything. :/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.