Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 89 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-21-2009, 01:00 AM   #1321
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmp211 View Post
I love in NJ so I see some wierd stuff.

I was off Mule road and saw a downed plane, and a little bit further up that path was a cage. The cage was said to be used for the hospital that was up the road that is now closed.
Where in Jersey you at?

I havent found anything too unusual. Just some abandoned houses, old tires, bottles....i'm hopin that I find somethin cool sometime.

98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #1322
Bandit1
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Went out Wheeling with some friends yesterday. While we were on some local trails, we came across a bunch of tires, couches, rugs hung between trees...upon closer inspection, we figured out that it was a homemade paintball field.

Outlawed Offroad Forums

NY State ORV Park Project

Last edited by Bandit1; 06-21-2009 at 05:12 PM..
Bandit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:42 PM   #1323
gmp211
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
Where in Jersey you at?

I havent found anything too unusual. Just some abandoned houses, old tires, bottles....i'm hopin that I find somethin cool sometime.
I'm in Toms River. Go any were by Mule Road off 37 and there's a plane back there.

There is a bunch of weird stuff in Asbury too. And by Stockton College, its just bizarre.
Unread 06-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #1324
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

The other day camping i found a really old capin from along time ago where someone had made a homested. there was about 1/3 of a mile where they made a little water runway to where there house was. the wood in the water runway was long since ruined but no one has ****ed with it which is nice. If i ever go back i will get pictures.

Last edited by FPKites; 06-22-2009 at 07:19 AM.. Reason: type what you mean, spell it right, let the filter do its job.
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #1325
Mino
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
i found a better rock...

...this last weekend at katemcy.

i called it the "vah-jay-jay rock"

b_c
That's the rear of my Jeep in your pic! Cool! Yeah, I thought the same thing about that rock. Katemcy was Bad ***! Shame they're shutting it down. Glad I got to wheel there before it was too late.

I'm still trying to figure out who you are. If this is who I think it is, answer me a quick question: How's that rear passenger side quarter panel holding up? Those rocks can do some evil things to your sheet metal, can't they? Take it easy.
3" suspension lift, K&N cold air intake, Pro Comp MX6 shocks, JKS Quicker Disconnects & Front Track Bar, Dynomax Cat-Back system, SYE kit, Pro Comp Rock Crawler Wheels, 33" BF Goodrich A/T, Aussie Locker, and Warn XD9000i winch

Last edited by FPKites; 06-22-2009 at 08:42 AM.. Reason: Let the filter do its job!
Mino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 05:38 AM   #1326
ObiHann
2002 KJ Liberty 

found a TJ Safari edition torn apart on a trail once, saw the cops on the way out, had a chat with them so they didn't think it was us lol.
ObiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #1327
robbuck
2002 TJ Wrangler 

back when I was younger - 15, and my buddy - 16, were exploring the woods behind our farm in his CJ (no-frills, no mods, strictly utility), we were checking for fence breaks and the jeep started making a noise so we stopped to check it out. I sat down on an old fallen and rotting tree while he inspected the jeep. I looked down to my right and noticed a clump of hair. I called him over to check it out thinking it was some animal. We stirred up the site with some sticks and then we found some small bones, then fingernails. we got frakkin scared, loaded up and got out of there. We told my folks about it and they called the sheriff. Turns out a few months earlier some clothes and a small suitcase full of personal items were found by the roadside close to our farm- but no body. We later found out the remains belonged to some dude who was let's just say - mentally challenged. Apparently, he went missing from his assisted living facility, stripped off his clothes and wandered into the woods, found a spot and laid down and died.
robbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #1328
trailridin4x4x4
1981 CJ7 

in 1998 i and some buddies where snow wheeling in the waha mountains 30miles south of lewiston idaho, we stopped for a beer break and i happened to notice something about 250yards down a side road (actually a dead end road). i walked down to see what it was....it looked like a door to a car so started brushing the snow away and it turned out to be a mid 90's geo metro baired in like 6frt of snow. i yelled to my buddies (hey i found a car) so we grabbed some shovels and we spent 35 minutes or so digging it out. well all the glass was broken out but there was keys in the ingition, no registration or anthing telling who owned it. anyways we pulled the car back onto the road (with a winch from a buddies jeep) and i got in and turned the keys and it started right up in fact it had 1/2 a tank of gas in it. i drove it with a little help (remember there is 3 1/2 ft of snow on the road) from a buddy to the main road and parked it. well we decided to keep going on our wheeling trip and about three hours later we got to the store/bar and i called the sheriff and reported the car.....turns out it had been reported stolen 4 months prior in the fall before all the snow fell.
trailridin4x4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #1329
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbuck View Post
back when I was younger - 15, and my buddy - 16, were exploring the woods behind our farm in his CJ (no-frills, no mods, strictly utility), we were checking for fence breaks and the jeep started making a noise so we stopped to check it out. I sat down on an old fallen and rotting tree while he inspected the jeep. I looked down to my right and noticed a clump of hair. I called him over to check it out thinking it was some animal. We stirred up the site with some sticks and then we found some small bones, then fingernails. we got frakkin scared, loaded up and got out of there. We told my folks about it and they called the sheriff. Turns out a few months earlier some clothes and a small suitcase full of personal items were found by the roadside close to our farm- but no body. We later found out the remains belonged to some dude who was let's just say - mentally challenged. Apparently, he went missing from his assisted living facility, stripped off his clothes and wandered into the woods, found a spot and laid down and died.
wow, that's freakin nuts. I think this one takes the cake. I don't know what the hell I would do if I found a body.
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #1330
lactrain
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I Have never found anything ... but this article was in the local paper .... sounds like these guys thought they were preety lucky....lol

Quote:
Two Dartmouth men were charged Saturday night with breaking into and vandalizing a car in Freetown State Forest.

Freetown police said the victim, who is not identified, is a Wampanoag tribe member. The victim was camping in a Wampanoag ceremonial site near Rattlesnake Brook in the state forest in preparation for a summer tribal celebration, according to police.

The victim, hiding in the brush, called police about 11:05 p.m. as the suspects were breaking into his 2007 Ford Focus. He said the suspects vandalized it, stole property from it and dragged it away with a tow chain from their Jeep Wranger toward the granite quarry known as the Ledge, police said.

The victim's car was found just short of the rock quarry and could not be driven, police said.

The suspects were met by police at Ledge and Bell Rock roads, the only entrance and exit of the Wampanoag National Indian Reservation.

Police said all the stolen property was recovered from the suspects' vehicle

USAJEEPOWNERS.com
lactrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 05:16 AM   #1331
woodie416
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactrain View Post
I Have never found anything ... but this article was in the local paper .... sounds like these guys thought they were preety lucky....lol
such a sad thing when you hear about jeepers doing these kinds of things.
Check out my band at www.revengememorial.com
woodie416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #1332
teamskiawa
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblaze View Post
i kinda came across something....have a nice wheelin area about 3 miles off the main road...went up there with a buddy and 2 chicks....thought we were alll alone...well as night fell we started hearing people moving in the woods all around us.....i busted out the spot light and saw the reflectors of vehicles way back in the woods....there were absolutly no lights on or around these vehicles/ people.....execpt for little red lights that you could barely make out.....we had no clue how many people were there but they were moving in the brush and woods all around the clearing where we were....freaked us out so we left....

thought it had to be military using night gogles cause those woods are dense...normal people couldn't make the ground they were covering in pitch darkness....this is one reason i carry a gun and extra clips with me whenever i go out in woods
one time at my cabin in northern Michigan we went out for a little night time 4X4 ( during hunting season) and we were going down a two tracker and could see a vehicle in the head lights about a mile up the trail, but they had no lights on. they backed up all the way back to the main road then we pulled out and they began to follow us we ended up losing them doing 90 down some dirt roads. then we turn of our lights and pulled down a two tracker shut off the engine and there was a small plane that kept circling around us, the plane must of had night vision or heat seeking bull****, so we went back to our cabin and we were sitting down next to the fire place suddenly somebody knocks on the door( our cabin is two miles back in BFE surrounded by state land) so we were like wtf there were no head lights, so we thought maybe it was our uncle playin a prank on us cuz we had the system bumpin when we pulled in. so my my cousin goes to answer the door and this dnr officer sticks his face in the window and scares the **** out of us we answer the door and one dnr officer came in while the other stayed in the shadows( to keep his night vision i think) then they searched our truck to see if we were poaching. then they left with no headlights in the dark, ya they had night vision, and a plane.
teamskiawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #1333
timesublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamskiawa View Post
one time at my cabin in northern Michigan we went out for a little night time 4X4 ( during hunting season) and we were going down a two tracker and could see a vehicle in the head lights about a mile up the trail, but they had no lights on. they backed up all the way back to the main road then we pulled out and they began to follow us we ended up losing them doing 90 down some dirt roads. then we turn of our lights and pulled down a two tracker shut off the engine and there was a small plane that kept circling around us, the plane must of had night vision or heat seeking bull****, so we went back to our cabin and we were sitting down next to the fire place suddenly somebody knocks on the door( our cabin is two miles back in BFE surrounded by state land) so we were like wtf there were no head lights, so we thought maybe it was our uncle playin a prank on us cuz we had the system bumpin when we pulled in. so my my cousin goes to answer the door and this dnr officer sticks his face in the window and scares the **** out of us we answer the door and one dnr officer came in while the other stayed in the shadows( to keep his night vision i think) then they searched our truck to see if we were poaching. then they left with no headlights in the dark, ya they had night vision, and a plane.
Wow there must be some serious poaching going on for the dnr to put that many resources on the job!
timesublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #1334
bigs4610

just spend the past 3 days reading through all these stories.
this is by far my favorite thread, though I don't have any stories to add.

Going to pick up my Jeep soon, and will be looking forward to making stories like these with fellow Michigan jeepers
bigs4610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #1335
Vangar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just joined the forum and hope to have some stories soon. If there is anyone near me (Slatington, PA) with knowledge of trails nearby please give me a buzz.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.