Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-24-2009, 03:41 AM   #1261
corndogduff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDroplet View Post
I was with my cousin in his CJ7 last summer in the South Texas desert and we found an OLD OLD case of Budweiser.. I don't know how old it was but it looked 30 or 40 years old.. Not even opened sitting in like a bunch of cacti. Cacti is that right for more than one cactus.. I think so lol... He said he'd give me 50 bucks if i drank one, but no way...
ida drank it... beers a beer

i woulda definitely taken the case home tho.. i collect old cans and bottles for some reason

UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2009, 04:17 AM   #1262
Combat
1995 YJ Wrangler 

If it was an unopened case, might be worth a lot of money.
Combat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #1263
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combat View Post
If it was an unopened case, might be worth a lot of money.
I'll bet you are right. They sell some crazy stuff on ebay. I would have taken it with me.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #1264
Chester405
2000 TJ Wrangler 

reminds me that my parents have a can of billy beer sitting around somewhere in the house.

in case you dont know what billy beer is.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Beer
Chester405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2009, 06:53 PM   #1265
RainDroplet
1990 FSJ Cherokee 

he took it home and gave the case to his dad.... it was kinda cool
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #1266
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

found a bunch 2wd yodas trying to be like a jeep ended up pulling them out of the mud
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #1267
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Some time around 2004 i was riding (not in a jeep) around backgrouds in athens ohio and i came across this just sticking out of the ground... No idea what it is. Seems to have some generators, and measuring devices...

So i found better angles and took advantage of the low light and made this out of it...

I still cant find that place again.
Unread 06-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #1268
0okamiDigital
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho-Jeep View Post
Grave along Hells Revenge - Moab. Stopped to throw a quarter - not sure why.

Reminds of me the Buddhist tradition of placing 6 coins on the casket/tomb so the disembodied soul can cross the Sanzu 三途の川 (river of three crossings)
^_^ how thoughtful of you.

(more here on Sanzu no kawa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanzu_River)
Unread 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #1269
Fred99TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0okami View Post
Some time around 2004 i was riding (not in a jeep) around backgrouds in athens ohio and i came across this just sticking out of the ground... No idea what it is. Seems to have some generators, and measuring devices...

So i found better angles and took advantage of the low light and made this out of it...

I still cant find that place again.
This is a NAtrual GAs pumping station
Unread 06-03-2009, 10:38 PM   #1270
courtesybullet
1998 XJ Cherokee 

This thread is really slowing down unfortunately. The best thing I can remember right now was there a picnic table by this lake with nothing around for quite some distance, and there was a really creepy doll on the table that had a lot of it's hair ripped out just laying there.

I should really get heavy into wheeling again so I can have a chance at a half decent story.
courtesybullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #1271
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

So last summer I was visiting my parents ranch in central Montana and I borrowed their new Rubicon to go exploring the ranch. I think the place is around two hundred thousand acres. So anyway, my wife and I were riding around when we started to see what sort of looked like an old pioneer wagon from off in the distance. This was hours away from anything. When we got closer we realized it had rubber tires... Very strange. I mentioned it to someone and they said they had seen it before and heard it was an old gypsy wagon. What do you guys think? There was another even older wagon on the ranch but I couldn't get close enough to get a picture. There was also a ton of old cabins from homesteaders. Some of them were fallen through but some were still upright and were really neat looking.

2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle (sunroof and 1904cc motor)
1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle (wolfsburg edition)
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #1272
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I cant see the pics at work but i have to say....................200,000 acres?????? I hate you, a lot. (haha)
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #1273
rompinthewoods
1995 YJ Wrangler 

200,000 acres! What do your parents do? and when are we all invited to go wheeling?
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:31 AM   #1274
GrimJeeper91
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmerrill View Post
So last summer I was visiting my parents ranch in central Montana and I borrowed their new Rubicon to go exploring the ranch. I think the place is around two hundred thousand acres. So anyway, my wife and I were riding around when we started to see what sort of looked like an old pioneer wagon from off in the distance. This was hours away from anything. When we got closer we realized it had rubber tires... Very strange. I mentioned it to someone and they said they had seen it before and heard it was an old gypsy wagon. What do you guys think? There was another even older wagon on the ranch but I couldn't get close enough to get a picture. There was also a ton of old cabins from homesteaders. Some of them were fallen through but some were still upright and were really neat looking.

That's a sheep herders trailer. You still see a lot of them being used where sheep are being grazed...
'91 YJ 4.O, Auto, Rr. D60 w/ 35 Spline Alloy USA Axles & Detriot Locker, Fr. D30 True-Trac, 4.56's, 4.5" Deaver Springs, Bilstein 5100's, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's on MT classic II's, Detroit Locker, Vanco Big Brakes, Booster & Master, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE & TW's DS's, Teraflex Belly Up, Rocker Guards...
GrimJeeper91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #1275
mdc144
2009 JK Wrangler 

Nothing as crazy as you guys but about 20 yrs ago (highschool) my buddy and I were wheelin at night ('79 Chevy 4x4). We were out in the woods where we had been a dozen times and saw a big fire in the distance. Figured it was a party so kept going. We got right up on it (could see people but not really clear). We turned our lights in their direction and four guys stepped out of the bushes/trees in front of us. Each had a shotgun in their hands. One walked up closer and just said "Get the **** out of here!" Needless to say we didn't need to be told twice. Scared the **** out of a couple of kids...We were told later by my buddy's uncle that it was probably a KKK meeting...but still not 100%.
mdc144 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.