Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 56 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 11-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #826
AbsolutXJ
1953 M-38 

Old Ford Van

We found this old school Ford hippie van at Shoe Creek in South Central VA

n1234359337_177006_5635.jpg

Unread 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #827
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
We have towers identical to that where I live. Theyre microwave transmitters. They relay data streams from one city to another. I know its an antiquated technology....but dont really know exactly what information is being sent through those (telephone maybe?). Ours are still in operation, and a few smaller ones were erected in just the last decade or so.
Thanks for the info. I forgot to look at my pictures again for the companies website... I just remember that it didn't go into specifics about what was what.

Oddly enough... I've never seen another set of towers like these in our mountains, and I've explored enough of them as a kid on my bike, and now with the Jeep too.
Unread 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM   #828
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Someone lost their old stove.
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008, 08:04 PM   #829
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I saw a few people on here compaining about south florida. I just moved from Jupiter (15 mins north of west palm on 95) and we had plenty of places to go wheelin. I found a sand/gravel road that leads back to an abandoned rv with lots of reckage and appliances and if you keep going you reach a bunch of mud holes and sand holes. Its where the forest fire was about 3-4 years ago that was right behind "The Shores" neighborhood.

Now in PA I have yet to find cars but I have only been really local ad found 2 abandoned houses. One was my friends old house that she was born in and it was already falling apart when they moved out and the other is a farm complex with a big barn 3 or 4 sheds and a house. The house and barn we know were built in 1804 (a plaque wih a date and german writing is on the otside of the 3rd floor) and the house had later renovations/additions done to it in what I am guessing was the 60's or 70's by the styling. The rumors say that there was a group of satan worshipers that used to go there and sacrifice sheep by spiking them on rebar, and sure enough there are about 30 20ft long rebar rods sticking out of a 2'x6" hole in the floor (in the barn on the first floor above a basement) and more rods scattered throughout. In the house there is a pentagram and the #'s 666 written in blood on the wall and floor respectively. We also found an abandoned Case tractor Frontend loader/backhoe that ws properly stored with the weght taken off the hydraulics!!! No one has laid claim to it in years and it is probably only worth scrap metal now. We are in the process of making a mud pit behind the house that has some mild trailing to get to it.

thats the best I can show you so far.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #830
JAW_WRANGLER
1991 YJ Wrangler 

get a picture of that house!
Unread 11-19-2008, 09:42 PM   #831
JeepTransformer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xjcowboy View Post
I saw a few people on here compaining about south florida. I just moved from Jupiter (15 mins north of west palm on 95) and we had plenty of places to go wheelin. I found a sand/gravel road that leads back to an abandoned rv with lots of reckage and appliances and if you keep going you reach a bunch of mud holes and sand holes. Its where the forest fire was about 3-4 years ago that was right behind "The Shores" neighborhood.

Now in PA I have yet to find cars but I have only been really local ad found 2 abandoned houses. One was my friends old house that she was born in and it was already falling apart when they moved out and the other is a farm complex with a big barn 3 or 4 sheds and a house. The house and barn we know were built in 1804 (a plaque wih a date and german writing is on the otside of the 3rd floor) and the house had later renovations/additions done to it in what I am guessing was the 60's or 70's by the styling. The rumors say that there was a group of satan worshipers that used to go there and sacrifice sheep by spiking them on rebar, and sure enough there are about 30 20ft long rebar rods sticking out of a 2'x6" hole in the floor (in the barn on the first floor above a basement) and more rods scattered throughout. In the house there is a pentagram and the #'s 666 written in blood on the wall and floor respectively. We also found an abandoned Case tractor Frontend loader/backhoe that ws properly stored with the weght taken off the hydraulics!!! No one has laid claim to it in years and it is probably only worth scrap metal now. We are in the process of making a mud pit behind the house that has some mild trailing to get to it.

thats the best I can show you so far.

ya man,pics plllleeease

brraaap
JeepTransformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #832
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

once I get my camera working I will.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 08:57 PM   #833
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93xjcowboy View Post
once I get my camera working I will.
Where exactly is this? I would love to check it out

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM   #834
Hybrid Jeep
1976 CJ5 

Not really unusual, but we've come across some pretty cool wildlife:

Hybrid Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #835
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Goats look like Red Cone...am I right?
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #836
Checo18
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Found an old honda cut in half and a few pot farms
()_)[COLOR="red"]-[/COLOR]()_)--o-)_)

2.5L, 4" RE lift, 1" booms on the front, Revolvers on the back, 1" B.L., Aussie in the 35, 31" Trxus tires, Gen-rite rocker guards, BTF tube fenders, Pro Comp bumpers, KC lights, Hi-lift and a whole lot of love.
Checo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #837
Hybrid Jeep
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Goats look like Red Cone...am I right?
Sure is! We saw the goats right after coming down Red Cone.
Hybrid Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #838
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

A couple of abandoned houses, an old Subaru full of bullet holes and this beauty.

That's the only picture of it that I took, but it's a very "custom" S10 blazer

Sorry about the blurry pic
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #839
Fiend101
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I found two things of interest whilst wheeling in my local spot.I head to where there are mud holes and I see this huge chevy truck buried to it windshield and dudes under it trying to dig out of water I guess so pull them out and the guys tells me he hit the hole doing 30.A stuck Chvey not unusual but interesting story.And on the same day in the same place I come up on a YJ thats on 35s and buried in a hole I go through in my ZJ with 2"BB and 31s and I find the owner wondering the woods looking for help so I pull him out and is his face red when he sees his rig next to mine.I wish I would have had a camera
Fiend101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2008, 07:53 AM   #840
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

not wheeling or really unusual but i was riding my bike in thw woods by my neighborhood and there was some old dump trucks and a old bread truck just into woods thought it was weird then some dog started chasing us so we left.
1997_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.