Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 01-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #61
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was wheelin down the applicatian trail. Me and my buddy in my XJ and two of other buddys in their TJ. I got a a head them a bit. So we stopped for a break. Two strange mountain men approached. One had a shot gun. They didn't seem like they gonna be very nice. One of them rapes my fat buddy. The other was going to force me to so some disgusting. Fortunly the other Jeep came and my buddy shot him with an arrow. The other guy got away.

[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
00xj54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:00 AM   #62
mk20rockeye
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xj54
I was wheelin down the applicatian trail. Me and my buddy in my XJ and two of other buddys in their TJ. I got a a head them a bit. So we stopped for a break. Two strange mountain men approached. One had a shot gun. They didn't seem like they gonna be very nice. One of them rapes my fat buddy. The other was going to force me to so some disgusting. Fortunly the other Jeep came and my buddy shot him with an arrow. The other guy got away.

And I bet you ran into some inbred boy with a banjo as well right???

1992 XJ Laredo 4.0L, AW4, NP242, 3.5" RE super ride
Definity Dakota 31x10.50 MT's Cragar soft 8

Marine Corps Jeep club member #9
mk20rockeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:01 AM   #63
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Seriously though. There is a lot stuff on the Pines of South Jersey. Lots of old ruins. This in one particle place.

[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:11 AM   #64
Blake
Redefining body roll

1996 XJ Cherokee 

That's crazy.

1999.5 Ford F250
6.8l V10 l Auto l 4WD l 4" Spring Lift | 4.30 Gears | 35" Treadwright MT/R's

Youtube

Twitter
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:29 AM   #65
Poseidon17

00xj54, do you know what that place is?
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:37 AM   #66
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

No one really knows. It was in an old town about 100 years old called Pasadena. There is couple conflicting stories. Some say it was an old pottery. Some say an old brick factory. It is really cool and worth checking out if you have the means.

PS The thread is AWESOME and needs to be stickied somewhere.
Unread 01-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #67
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ4oh
That is plain bad ***! I would have gotten some pics of that, makes for good story tellings, lol.
It hit hard when it went down and the Air Force came in and cleaned a lot of it up. Plus, it crashed when the B-17s were still fairly new. There aren't any engines or guns or anything cool left. There is just enough there that you can tell it is an old plane crash.

EDIT: The wreckage sits in a meadow above the trail into Grizzley Lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xj54
There is a lot stuff on the Pines of South Jersey. Lots of old ruins. This in one particle place.
I found a lot of stuff like that when I lived in Utah. There were old Pony Express stops all over the place.

Last edited by Matt Gertsch; 01-22-2006 at 01:06 PM..
Matt Gertsch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 04:38 AM   #68
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I don't recall anything too unusual when wheeling but when I was in Afganistan it was a daily occurence to find something weird. Went out one day to check out some uxo's spotted by aircraft about 2 hours from base. This place was way the hell out there. Some of the villiages we stopped to talk to locals and they said they thought it was just rumors that the US was in there country. Any way found a 80-86 ford pickup abandoned and a little out of place. Found a villiage where over half of the residents were caucasion. Sometime we would find mig jets that didn't look like they crashed but how could they land where they did. A two headed donkey (have a picture somewhere), Lots of abandoned russian military vehicles some were in great shape most were not (it is weiry to know most of the russian soldiers were drug from there vehicles and executed right there.) Found a russian tank on top of this mountain one time that had us all wondering how the hell it got up there and what they were chasing up there. I was standing in a village one time pulling security while our patrol had stopped and a local looking guy walked up and said, "Hey what is up?" I said, "what did you say?" He Said again, " What's up?" in clearer English than I speak. To make a long story short I stood there and had a 20 minute conversation with him about life in the US. It turns out he had lived in Florida and moved back to Afganistan in 1995.

Last edited by Patton; 01-22-2006 at 05:20 AM..
Patton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 05:15 AM   #69
PM Thor
Super Duper Guy

Location: Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour
Damn, I wish I had seen this thread earlier.

Mine was when we went hiking in the backwoods of South Eastern Ohio.

My buddy and I cam across a marijuana field. It was obviously well taken care of, because someone had hung camo netting from posts about every ten feet or so. The field had to be about the size of a football field, with trees scattered throughout it. The plants were about 4 foot high each. Sufficed to say we got out of there.
Unread 01-22-2006, 05:45 AM   #70
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I came across this:

If you look closely, you can see it from the top in this satellite picture (it's on the south side of the clearing):
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.c...93&Y=23821&W=2

Back in WWI it was part of a TNT factory, but the area blew up and most of the buildings burned.

CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 09:44 AM   #71
04rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CETROV

found these - not sure what they are.

and found out what happened to Charlie Brown...
i wonder what the heck those things are.... anyone?

Parrothead Jeeper #3
Yellow Jeep Club Member #649
04rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:30 AM   #72
alx

Went wheeling one night around the Halloween time with some friends to a Graveyard out in the woods that we had heard about and there was some really freaky stuff. Lots of pentagrams and the sort and one of the grave stones and a pipe that went down into the gound right next to it and the inscription said something along the lines of i am only sleep and will return. it was a pretty freaky place. My friend also has some land along the railroad and on it there was a very large civil war era hotel now only the brick outside is left on it and there are char marks because it was burnt down by a arsenist shortly after the civil war. There are also big pits close to there very old farm house that were used on the underground railroad.
olympic 4x4 a/t sliders cheap o lights and some other good stuff
no carpet
alx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #73
TellyDSP
Poland and PPV!!!!
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Similar experience as the OP. Exploring a regular spot by my house in Jersey, and decided to wander up a hill. Got to the top and it was a bunch of towers and a wooden building. There was a wood rail fence aorund it and a bunch of government property signs on the fence. IIRC, it was an FAA station. Didnt appear to have been manned by anyone, but it was in decent shape. I could see the entire town from up there. On the other side of the building was a long gravel road that led me back down to the main trail. When I left, I tried seeing the station fromt he ground and couldnt see it at all. Even from places I could see when I was up there. Kinda strange.

SIRA4x4 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
n00bs bashing n00bs, it's a pitifull thing.
TellyDSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2006, 10:47 AM   #74
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandman97
the only thing i've ever seen was a half buried pick-up truck... looked to be from the 50's and a shack out in the middle of the woods that kinda still looked like it might be inhabited.. that was kinda weird

sounds like a 'still - house' We once found a makeshift marijuana greenhouse, made out of tent-poles and clear plastic sheets. Naturally, we clipped the green stuff and ran.

lj
Unread 01-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #75
treeofliberty

While scouting for a javelina hunt a couple miles from the U.S. border, we came across a long, commercial-sized van, abandoned in a wash, under some cottonwood trees. All the windows were gone and tires were mostly gone. There were no seats except for driver and the front passenger. The large rear area was completely open. There were deadbolts, mounted on the outside of the rear doors. Whatever could it have been used for?

The kicker was the bumper sticker that read, "My child is a honor student at..." some school I can't remember.

2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 4.0L auto, 4" Teraflex lift, 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's on MT Classic II wheels, ARB's front and rear, 4.56 gears, York OBA, Milemarker E9000 Winch, Shrockworks Rocksliders, KOZ Offroad Rear Bumper, Skid Row Engine Skid, Bestop soft half doors, Raingler Pet Nets
treeofliberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.