Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 04-16-2008, 11:52 PM   #661
sam.b.
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86 View Post
The place people were talking about where the camera card was taken sounds a lot like Waverly Hills here in Louisville, KY. It is considered the most haunted place in the country possibly the world. That show ghost hunters has come several times and several of their tools for measuring abnormal things broke because of the activity.
They now give Ghost tours to pay for the building's restoration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

i've driven past it but not taken the tour. My girlfriend has been inside and said it was very creepy especially the "body chute"

tyler if you ever wanna go there let me know its pretty freaky even in the day btw its the 7th most haunted in the world i think

btw bump for more stories

www.kifourwheelers.com << Louisville Ky. based 4x4 club
sam.b. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #662
Lefty

Wheeling up at Western Carolina, we found Eric Rudolph's house. We didn't explore or anything, but it had to of been, he was said to be in the area and this house, was literally buried 10 miles deep into the mountains, no easy roads, and several deep creek crossing. Sketchiest place ever!

Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #663
Remoot
2005 WK 

Thats pretty cool ... do have gps cords to it?
Unread 05-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #664
Lefty

Nah, no cords to it, but can get you to it easily. Doubt it was his house, but like to think that it is because it is literally in the middle of no where.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #665
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thats creepily in good condition for being uninhabited, and who's eric rudolph?
Unread 05-21-2008, 05:23 PM   #666
supraman1990
1980 CJ5 

A big bomber from the area. Your in statesville Lefty? Send me a PM, I wouldn't mind finding somewhere not typical to wheel.
On the back burner for college.
supraman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:57 AM   #667
jeep_on

I’ve never found any thing really while out wheeling. Stumbled across abandon towns and what not, but nothing excited or scary, expect once. We never found any thing, expect we were found. Shortly after I got married the wife and I took a trip up to Canada. We had planed to drive up to Alaska, but half way though British Columbia we decided to drive across Canada instead. Thought was we’d take back roads and just enjoy our selves.

The trip hadn’t be planned well, but we had planed to camp out, see the wilderness and just have fun. Brought camping gear, food, fuel, the whole nine yards. So we’re way up in the northern part of BC, passed the 55th parallel and we decide to make camp for the night. Find this old logging road, run a few miles down it and set up camp.

Was a beautiful spot, not to far from this lake. There was no one around for miles it was great. Get a fire going, wife is cooking dinner, I’m drinking my first legally bought beer (since tight *** Americans wont sell it to you unless your 21). We eat, and turned in for the night. Fooled around like any newly weds would and finally fall asleep some time in the night.

I’m sound asleep and I’m awakened by this loud THUMP hitting the ground. At first I thought I was dreaming and was about to fall back asleep when I herd it again. By this time I’m a little freaked as to what could be making these noise in the middle of no where. I pop outa the tent naked with my mag light and flip it on and proceed to confront what were may be out there.

What lands not more than 5feet away from me is a bolder the size of a tire. I shine the light in the direction that I thought it came from and nothing was there. I knew the rock hadn’t been there before and I’m sure it came from some where. Never herd any one running away and never herd another vehicle leaving the area.

We through every thing in the back of the ZJ and took off back to the paved road so fast and half naked. By this time I proceeded to call the trip over and we headed for home. We crossed the border in Blain Washington where the customs officer asked us what were did, where we were, and how the trip was. I gave him a quick run down of the events of the night before. He just laughed and said it was Big Foot saying hello.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2008, 11:34 AM   #668
ryanhaley52
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin View Post
Man I cant top that! We rolled up on some freaks in the middle of nowhere one night and they just had to be devil worshipers. My stupid friend wheels up right in the middle of them and kills the engine and is like "hey whats up?"!! We were all saying get the F outta here and they were acting weird. He turns around and floors it (blazer with 44's and a 454) and he didnt see the hump in the road to prevent washouts...well we launch into the woods screaming and WHAM..hit a tree and totalled the rig. The devil worshipers scattered luckily but then we were there all alone........luckily a drunk deer hunter rolled up on an atv and he went back to camp to get our buddies and our rigs. I never went anywhere with that ******* again!

I found a sweet vintage fire extinguisher in the woods, but it was covered in ants so I left it. We found 2 brand new coolers someone lost on the trail full of fresh food and everything. We never did see anyone so we kept em at the end of the day.

We should hang out
ryanhaley52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #669
plk457
2007 JK Wrangler 

bump for an awesome thread
plk457 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #670
StickShift

Jeeprocks, waverly hills was on ghost hunters.
such an amazing place.
i wish i saw it in person.
Unread 06-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #671
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Hey new to the board but this thread brought me in. Things I have found........

Stolen lexus burned so far out on a trail that I had to walk to it.
Plenty of abandoned houses and buildings.
While fishing in a river snagged on something, waded out to unravel my line ( new rooster tail, didnt want to lose it) found it caught on a mid 70's ford truck in a deep pocket of the river.
A VW beetle ( whats with these things being in the most remote places?) way out in the middle of no where. I had been hiking and came across it. No idea how or why.
There have been others but can't remember right off hand.

Awsome thread btw.

Last edited by jeepdavetj; 06-10-2008 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: spelling
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #672
StickShift

Wow. Bad use of a ford truck.
Pretty sweet stuff you've seen.
Unread 06-11-2008, 09:13 PM   #673
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Generally, they're found on road dead, not in the middle of a river
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #674
ccppcc90
1998 ZJ 

several broken tow straps and a pry bar.

but most interesting by far is the half demolished cash register me and some friends found at a local mud hole. it was destroyed just enough to get the cash tray out, which lay empty right next to the register. im sure theres an interesting story behind that...

1998 ZJ Stock for now, many mods this summer.
ccppcc90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #675
erik5387
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Wheeling up at Western Carolina, we found Eric Rudolph's house. We didn't explore or anything, but it had to of been, he was said to be in the area and this house, was literally buried 10 miles deep into the mountains, no easy roads, and several deep creek crossing. Sketchiest place ever!

That looks like the place from that movie The Evil Dead!
erik5387 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.