Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 44 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJeep Tweaks at JeepHutSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 03-07-2008, 02:15 PM   #646
Comanche_

Thats Insane. So they just showed up out of now where.

With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #647
AlTheKillerr

yeah. looking at the other picture posted it does look alot more familiar than the one i did. however i dont remember a park but there could be one for all i know. this town weirds me out in alot of ways and this is one. i know that there are alot of b52 that fly into the local airport so maybe it has something to do with the military. maybe the planes are retired and are for transporting goods of some sort. like stated i dont know this town all that well or its history
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #648
Comanche_

What city. Pueblo(sp)
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #649
AlTheKillerr

yeah Pueblo
AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:43 PM   #650
nic99007
2000 XJ Cherokee 

well, i guess i'll never go to pueblo. Here in Idaho we have the INL idaho national laboratory. It's one of those places that if you get off the 2 public roads that cross the area, you will have some of the guys in black GMC right on your tail. Any way on the other side of the mountains from there is a little town called Howe. One day we were out there playing around looking for indian ruins and found this
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...9007/vault.jpg

After talking to a couple of the locals out there we found out that some guy had lost his mind, thought aliens had taken him. So, he went up into this canyon and dug a little room out of the solid stone and then put on this huge solid metal door. it's a little bit of a creepy place
nic99007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #651
meteechir
2012 JK Wrangler 

We were out in the Jeeps in west Texas one day and came across a very old cemetery. We saw a tombstone where the guy died in the 1860's and the inscription read " killed by Indians".
meteechir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #652
jeep-newbie
2008 JK Wrangler 

*Bump* I love this thread!
jeep-newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #653
thompsonb
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My wife and I went camping last weekend at a place called Soledad Canyon. Lots of easy-going trails with great views. On our way back to camp after a day of off roading we drove by this weird looking place with high fences all around it. We stopped to check it out and saw dozens of lions and tigers just laying out in the sun!?!?!

http://picasaweb.google.com/thompson...82635905703010

Looked into it when we got home and I guess it is the Shambala Preserve for endangered wild animals.
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #654
sergeantspud
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I was out wheelin in Johnson Valley (sad they might close it) and got up to the top of the mountin and underneath a pile of rocks was an old rusty can. I picked it up and opened the flap the closed it and there was a "claim title" It dated back to the 40s, it was ripped in some areas and the paper was very stiff so when i took it out it started to fall apart. I brought it home and sometime when I get time Ill take it out and steam it to unfold it and put it back together. I was amazed that it was still out there.
sergeantspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2008, 07:28 PM   #655
91YJ4X4
1995 YJ Wrangler 

awesome thread, cant wait too add to it myself
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:15 AM   #656
alwaysready
2000 XJ Cherokee 

great thread..
the best thing i ever found(not wheeling)
we were down in florida by st. petersburg boating with a smaller boat hitting the islands on the the intercostal areas and we decided to take the dog on this island. were walking arund and i found in the middle of the island a Newer at the time Chevy blazer lifted prolly 35's dark blue, laying on its side...
someone was doing donuts on the island and flipped it..
we could not figure out how they got it out there but after reporting it we talked to some locals and they sdaid that it was possible if they new when the tide was at its lowest they could drive out there..
but it was one of those we took a boat to an island how did a blazer get here...
the island was only 500' x 1000' or so.. and wooded you couldnt see the truck unless you were on the island.
i seem to remeber money laying in there too. i was with dad at the time he said dont touch anything..

the best thing i ever found wheeling
Hmm
Old Farm implements in the middle of a power line trail
driving down the trail decided to go around the water hole.
BOOM the weeds were like 3' so i couldnt see anyhting..
cost me a new tire.. took out the sidewall.
Warn Winch bumper
Smittybuilt Winch
Aj's Super Rock Rails
Black XJ on Moabs Club Member #1 :D
alwaysready is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2008, 06:38 PM   #657
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The place people were talking about where the camera card was taken sounds a lot like Waverly Hills here in Louisville, KY. It is considered the most haunted place in the country possibly the world. That show ghost hunters has come several times and several of their tools for measuring abnormal things broke because of the activity.
They now give Ghost tours to pay for the building's restoration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

i've driven past it but not taken the tour. My girlfriend has been inside and said it was very creepy especially the "body chute"

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM   #658
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen View Post
I was out in the woods in northern Cali the other day and came across a huge USAF radar facility. This is nowhere near any military bases.

----Update 6-10-06, found this info about it on the interweb: http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/sy...an-fps-118.htm /Update----

A friend of mine said he once found what he believes is an old missle silo inside a chain link and barbed wire fence out in the woods, also in northern Cali, but he couldn't remember how to get back to it to show it to me.

What strange things have you found?

If you think the OTHB is big, you should see our PAVE PAWS units. Course, you'd never get close to those
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 08:15 PM   #659
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Ive only really been freaked out once while wheeling. I was out on my birthday by myself (BAD IDEA!!!) but i wasn't on anything hard and i was accessible. I came around a corner on a trail just having fun since it rained the day before. There was a newer Cadillac in the middle of the trail! I know it wasn't there 2 days before that cause i went through. Scared the crap out of me! I really wasn't into being raped or whatever on my birthday so i split....flastly....

Oh yeah to get out you had to go up a rather large hill that i had to be in 4wd to get out since theres some pretty big rocks. Not to mentioned it rained like crazy the night before and there was a huge mud hole at the bottom f the hill and there wasn't any mud that i could see on the car.
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 11:32 AM   #660
sergeantspud
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRocks86 View Post
The place people were talking about where the camera card was taken sounds a lot like Waverly Hills here in Louisville, KY. It is considered the most haunted place in the country possibly the world. That show ghost hunters has come several times and several of their tools for measuring abnormal things broke because of the activity.
They now give Ghost tours to pay for the building's restoration.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

i've driven past it but not taken the tour. My girlfriend has been inside and said it was very creepy especially the "body chute"

That place is awesome! I took a trip out there last year and took the day tour to get an idea of the place then the all night paranormal tour. It was amazing. Theres some crazy *hit that happens there at night. Only caught one or two scares on hard evidence (video camera and pictures) but all night we could see "shadow people" Its not like dark figures walking around, its more like the light through the hallways dim in a series motion throughout the doorways as if someone was walking in front of them. Good stuff I encourage you to go take the tour and support the place they're suposed to be doing some renovating.
sergeantspud is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.