Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 36 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #526
sjnutting

Well, I can't top your miraculous healing and mysterious appearance of the mitten, but I can chime in on this.

The strangest thing I ever saw...I was on my way up the Ouray side of Engineer Pass, at night, when I saw another vehicle coming. I had a pullout, so I pulled over, dimmed my lights and waited. It was a late 70's model Volkswagon Bus. The two guys inside the Volkswagon bus were obviously high on something and said something to the effect of "I *%^& hope that it doesn't get any worse. If it does I'm gonna %^$ roll this thing." I said that it gets kindof rough up ahead. We were most of the way to the top above any of the difficulties. I guess they must have made it cause I didn't hear about any deaths that night, but that was a strange situation.

[B]'91 Cherokee XJ[/B] • 4.0L High Output • AW4 Automatic • NP231 • Stock Dana 30 & 35 • Old Man Emu suspension with about 2.5" of lift • 30x9.50 BFG AT/KO's on Jeep 15x8 aluminum wheels • ARB Bull Bar w/winch mount (no winch yet) • Custom rear bumper with receiver • Several custom dents and scratches • Yakima Rack • Cheap fog lights and driving lights • AW4 2nd gear override switch • Pioneer Premiere CD/MP3/WMA Deck • Rear Sub enclosure mod, Blaupunkt and CDT speakers • VHF Radio • [B]206,000+ miles and counting[/B]
sjnutting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #527
2005Unlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

With my old man about 22 years ago we found a musket in Williamsburg VA dated back to the civil war. Only thing wrong with it. Missing one of the braces to hold the barrell to the wood.
Still have it to this day in my game room.
Unread 04-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #528
Camo Deere
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of ghosts and all, this happened when I was about 7ish. My cousin had a Wrangler, she lived in SC and I would go up sometimes to visit, and she would always take me on some light wheeling(like through the feilds stuff like that). Well one time, we found an old WWI or something cemetary. We looked inside at all the graves. After a few seconds we heard a clip-clop noise that sounded like a horses foot steps, it got louder so we ducted behind a gravestone. We saw this guy riding horseback dressed in red, with a pistal or something at his waste, he stopped and looked around. We poked out headed from the stone and saw that he had a hole in his head and you could see threw him. We bolted to the Jeep and left. Of course, we told the family, they didn't believe us.

Another ghost story just because..

In SC, in my cousins town, there is big huge house on a lake. An older couple live there with there 3-year old grand-daughter(parents died or something). Well one night, the daugher snuck out of the house, went the the lake and fell in and drowned. Ever since then, the old couple would find tiny footsteps made by water in the hallways..

Boo..

Last edited by Camo Deere; 05-04-2007 at 10:25 PM..
Camo Deere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #529
BronYon
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I found a burned Tahoe flipped upside down... and a Wk in a different location burned in the middle of a wash pit... Why do people do such things... Insurance claims mybe!? lol
5 Speed White 01 TJ Sport, D30/D44 3.73 gears, 33/12.5/15 BFG All Terrains, Front Aussie locker Rear TruTrac, 4.5" RE Superflex, sye, Coast cv driveshaft, OME shocks, rear adj. track bar, Aem intake with throttle body spacer, FlowMaster 40 muffler with 2.5" pipes, Optima Red Top.

Next upgrades: body mounted sliders, engine skid, repaint door handles. (Then I hope I'm finished for a while!)
BronYon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #530
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

after this weeks nor easterner i found a 20mm bullet on the beach marked 1944 nesco, m21a1 and another bullet.

ps ii was not wheel but still thought it was cool
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2007, 03:09 AM   #531
cpleasant
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Deere

Well one night, the daugher snuck out of the horse
I'd sneak out too if they stuck me inside of a horse at night. The smell alone would be unbeareable.
I know your rite I seid the dealer seid the same thing as you and that I don't want them there , but I was asking another qeustin as in what do I do about the slots in the brackets couse if I just put a bolt in there it will slide back and fourth but again thank you all knowing and powerfull jeep god sorry us lesser jeep peeons might have some more qeustins in the future , so please if there to much for you sit back relax go to the next post
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #532
CTCSTrela

Enjoyable thread...except for one thing.

What is with all of the stealing, vandalism and trespassing a lot of you are bragging about doing, on this thread?

I mean, if you come across a car or truck stuck out there, even if it looks "abandoned", wtf is the idea behind taking wheels/axles/speakers, etc from it? Even if it is a stolen car, it is someone's property, no matter how f’d up it is. I can't imagine what I would do to someone, if I got my jeep stuck, had to walk out for help, came back and found someone pulling parts off it...

Same thing goes with someone’s camp site/cooler/whatever… It isn’t “finders-keepers” anymore than if it was sitting on someone’s driveway…

Let alone if someone decided to waltz into a hunting cabin I owned, because it was there...

Things like that are the reason trail-riders get a bad name..

Christ guys...

How about a little more respect/morality?
42RE
60K Miles
CTCSTrela is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #533
TJay2004

Wow...lighten up!!
3/4" Daystar Front Coil Spacers(made it level)
31"x10.5" Dick Cepek FC II's on MT Classic II Wheels
Sirius Satellite Radio
Olympic sliders
Rubicon fender flares
TKH Rear Bumper
More to come....of course...
TJay2004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 10:58 PM   #534
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

he's got a point. Look, don't touch cause it ain't yours even if you "found it"
Unread 05-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #535
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Went to the Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree in Marshall Co. KY last week. Being newbies we took the easy trail the first day. On the "Iron Furnace" run after a day of 10 Jeeps cruising unimproved county roads our guide asked if we wanted to hit one more before heading back for dinner. "Of course" was the reply.

After hitting pavement to the next mud road we had just got into 4LO when someone yelled on the CB that there was a car in the road. Everyone piles out and walks up to this old Plymouth Reliant buried in the first big puddle. They didn't really speak English but "stuck" is universal.

Funny thing there was a nice bypass to the hole they were in. Our guide went around and tried to pull them out but had lost 4LO and didn't want to tug to hard in 4HI so the next Jeep hooked up to to the guide and together they gently pulled the car out.

They hurriedly said goodbye and left via the bypass. We all splashed through the puddle and continued on our way! I'm not sure who was more surprised, seeing ten Jeeps with all kinds of people probably was not what they were expecting!
2014 JKU - Wifes
tj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2007, 11:21 AM   #536
jage

Caesar demands photos!
jage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #537
tj99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here's the best one I've found so far, I have some pics from other people if I find more I'll post them.

edit: replaced yahoo photos with photobucket
2014 JKU - Wifes

Last edited by tj99; 05-10-2007 at 10:59 PM..
tj99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #538
Kris Is Awesome
1995 XJ Cherokee 

We call it the ufo-

It's out i dont know where in va beach...

creepy.

It's owned by a church, i believe.

Kris 1 : Banstick 0 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Kris Is Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #539
jlj3394

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCSTrela
Enjoyable thread...except for one thing.

What is with all of the stealing, vandalism and trespassing a lot of you are bragging about doing, on this thread?

I mean, if you come across a car or truck stuck out there, even if it looks "abandoned", wtf is the idea behind taking wheels/axles/speakers, etc from it? Even if it is a stolen car, it is someone's property, no matter how f’d up it is. I can't imagine what I would do to someone, if I got my jeep stuck, had to walk out for help, came back and found someone pulling parts off it...

Same thing goes with someone’s camp site/cooler/whatever… It isn’t “finders-keepers” anymore than if it was sitting on someone’s driveway…

Let alone if someone decided to waltz into a hunting cabin I owned, because it was there...

Things like that are the reason trail-riders get a bad name..

Christ guys...

How about a little more respect/morality?
At some point, the property is abandoned and legally, finders keepers. At what point this happens is up for debate.

In most cases, these are either vehicle thefts or people ditching their own vehicle to call it in stolen to get out of the payment. In most cases, even if the insurance company knew where it was, they wouldn't screw with it because it just ain't worth it for them. At that point, the property sure is finders keepers.

So lighten up.
jlj3394 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #540
acsguitar

Wow I can't believe how awesome this thread is!!

Anyway's I've only been whealing with my Jeep twice..

but plan on going out really soon.

All I've seen are mines off of Switzerland Trail near Boulder.

Of course on the way down the trail some dude has some sweet Old Military jeeps that look like they are in mint condition!

I also saw a jeep stuck on three wheels hung up on the rocks walls on the side of the trail..

I didn't see the owner till i Looked in the mirror
[FONT="Impact"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #55
[COLOR="Blue"]2005 Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition[/COLOR]
Jeep Noob and proud of it[/FONT]
[FONT="Fixedsys"]Need free computer help. I'm a nerd you can ask me.
acsguitar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.