Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-18-2005, 04:51 PM   #31
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
Oh me too. Trouble is the putz that I took riding fouled like 3 plugs and I was out! He was a puzz.

That's why I ride a four stroke I replace a plug every couple of years .

Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #32
Moose_God
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I found a set of recovery ramps....like the ones that are about 10 feet long and about 250 lbs each. And half a tow strap.
94 Cherokee Sport 4wd (converted from 2wd), AW4, NP231 w/SYE, 6" bastard lift, RC drop brackets, IRO trackbar, 33x12.5 Goodyear MTRs, HDoffroad subframe connectors, prerunner front bumper, homebrew rear bumper, flowmaster 40, 96 booster swap., upgraded headlight harness, 4.56 gears (finally!!!)
Moose_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 04:55 PM   #33
LandRover
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c
One long week end, more years ago than I want to remember, a small group from our club were going up a canyon in the south part of Death Valley. We came around a bend in the canyon and saw an old blue and white school bus off the side of the trail next to some shacks. A bunch of people started coming out of the shacks. They had long hair and all were dirtier than we were. They stood along the trail and stared at us as we drove past, they were a spooky bunch of people but they never said anything to us.
we found out a little while later that those strange people were Charlie Manson and his infamous family.

OR-Fab bumpers, PowerTrax locker,
Sliders, Goodyear Duratrac 33's
LandRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 05:02 PM   #34
jeepnglock

I keep finding doors of all sorts. Storm doors, car doors, truck doors, screen doors, microwave doors. I didn't think anything of it at first, but the more I find, the more it weirds me out.
jeepnglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 05:12 PM   #35
ktmracer419
1997 XJ Cherokee 

so i'm going down a familiar trail and spot a family of 4 walking down it, i casually wave, then about 1/4 mile down the trail i see a brand new grand cherokee stuck in about a foot of mud. i come back later that week to find the grand still there, but this time the mud froze around it.

i've found many old cars, motorcycles and whatnot, once i found a 30 someodd foot boat on a trailer in the middle of the woods.

buick skylark with a tree growing through the convertible top, the eerie part was is that there is something like 10k miles on it.
next to that skylark was a chevy nomad and a vw bug
35" beadlocked km2's
3" midarmed
more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at
ktmracer419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #36
yesterdaylight
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Oh right i 4got about this thing:

Mine mine mine!!

yeah than engine weighed like 300lbs...
Green Jeep Club Member #172
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member # 23
Green 1995 4 Banger
If only my pocket was as green as my Jeep :D
yesterdaylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 05:56 PM   #37
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I came across an airplane crash site, bones and all. We went to a nearby ranger station to report it and led them back to the location. Turns out it was a small twin-engine Cessna that had crashed about 8 months previously, and had never been found after an exhaustive search. Two people were on board. They removed the bodies but left a good portion of the plane there because the terrain was too difficult to get removal equipment into.
Unread 11-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #38
yesterdaylight
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awshux
I came across an airplane crash site, bones and all. We went to a nearby ranger station to report it and led them back to the location. Turns out it was a small twin-engine Cessna that had crashed about 8 months previously, and had never been found after an exhaustive search. Two people were on board. They removed the bodies but left a good portion of the plane there because the terrain was too difficult to get removal equipment into.
dood thats crazy were the bodies completely decomposed to the point of just clothes on bones??
Green Jeep Club Member #172
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club Member # 23
Green 1995 4 Banger
If only my pocket was as green as my Jeep :D
yesterdaylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 06:27 PM   #39
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesterdaylight
dood thats crazy were the bodies completely decomposed to the point of just clothes on bones??
Yeah, they were scattered around the wreckage because animals had undoubtedly helped themselves. Some of the bones were still in the wreck, and had clearly been broken and trapped in the plane.
Unread 11-18-2005, 09:09 PM   #40
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awshux
Man you just won this thread, thats crazy!
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 09:17 PM   #41
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Does almost running into an excavator count? I encountered one while wheeling w/ a friend. Oh yeah, and almost ran off into a lake too. Shoulda taken the hints haha, as if it wasn't enough of one when the TJ popped out of 4 lo...
Unread 11-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #42
Brandon11130

not 4wding, but when i lived in ca we were hiking in the mountians and we found a group of abandoned missle silos, i think they were part of the pacific defense ring during the cold war, pretty cool find though

oh and when my dad was in highschool he was wheeling in the poconoes with his yota and him and his brother found an abondoned military tank, it still had papers and everything in it, they think it broke down from a training exercise or somthing not sure but also pretty cool

[SIZE="1"] We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.[/SIZE]
Brandon11130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #43
BigYellaJeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I woulda dragged that thing back home!
Red Jeep
1st Jeep: '86 CJ-7 (I miss her)
BigYellaJeep
BigYellaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 10:47 PM   #44
Brandon11130

im sure he would of if he could drag somthing that weighs.....well as much as a tank (around 60-80000lbs )

he went back to the spot a while later and it was gone so either its sitting in some hics garage or its infront of a vfw hall

[SIZE="1"] We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.[/SIZE]
Brandon11130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 11:00 PM   #45
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Weirdest thing(s) ive found..

#3. Couch, a few chairs and a tv in the middle of the woods, arranged like it was in a house.
#2. A guy that had sunk his Taurus in a mud pit, trying to take the "fast way home", few days later a state trooper had done the same. Mind you this is a BIG hole, and cannot be missed.. My freinds Z-71 had trouble making it through.
#1. 80's something Honda. Had been burned, and there were bullet holes through literally EVERY square inch of the body, and interior. Thing still smelled like ***, so my freinds and I figured whoever did it was probaly still around. We left ASAP, and went to go back a few days later only to find squad vans blocking off the road, and a few police down the trail. Week or two later, went back to find the car gone. Had to have a wrecker pull it out, it was seriously mangled.

Thats the top 3, other odd things include a case of beer, golf cart tires, car parts, clothes, half eaten deer right next to a full deer skeleton, ammo.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.