Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 234 - JeepForum.com
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3496 of 3506 Old 05-27-2016, 10:27 AM
jdalcour

I dont really have any wheeling stories, or creepy stories at that, but i do urban explore and take pictures of some pretty cool places in North Texas. Alot of the places i go to are supposedly "haunted" but Ive never had any experience with anything nor did I know about it before going. I would really have to dig up pics from my hard drives but heres two i have on my website right now

This is an abandoned theater in Fort Worth, Tx. Its really old school and has several levels. Supposedly some squatters live in the upper levels. Towards the back of the theatre above the seats facing the screen, theres like a "control room" where you can see above the whole auditorium.

I went up the stairs to see if i could find the door to it but did not go too far down the hallway as i started hearing some people talking, real light mummbles, probably coming from one of the rooms on the second level. Really didnt feel like bothering with anyone for a picture.

This is a an old abandoned meat packing company plant. This place is filled with ruins and there are several buildings in one huge lot of land just outside of fort worth. Everyone here knows about them. I have so many more pictures of this place, the main building has 7 different levels and theyre all a bit different. Filled with graffiti now. One of the levels is supposedly "haunted" and has a bunch of devil worshiping paintjobs

This is the only photo i have on my website currently from another abandoned building in Fort Worth. Used to be an electric company.

If anyone is interested i can go through my hard drives and find all my urban exploring photos.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3497 of 3506 Old 05-27-2016, 10:36 AM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalcour View Post
I dont really have any wheeling stories, or creepy stories at that, but i do urban explore and take pictures of some pretty cool places in North Texas. Alot of the places i go to are supposedly "haunted" but Ive never had any experience with anything nor did I know about it before going. I would really have to dig up pics from my hard drives but heres two i have on my website right now

This is an abandoned theater in Fort Worth, Tx. Its really old school and has several levels. Supposedly some squatters live in the upper levels. Towards the back of the theatre above the seats facing the screen, theres like a "control room" where you can see above the whole auditorium.

I went up the stairs to see if i could find the door to it but did not go too far down the hallway as i started hearing some people talking, real light mummbles, probably coming from one of the rooms on the second level. Really didnt feel like bothering with anyone for a picture.

This is a an old abandoned meat packing company plant. This place is filled with ruins and there are several buildings in one huge lot of land just outside of fort worth. Everyone here knows about them. I have so many more pictures of this place, the main building has 7 different levels and theyre all a bit different. Filled with graffiti now. One of the levels is supposedly "haunted" and has a bunch of devil worshiping paintjobs

This is the only photo i have on my website currently from another abandoned building in Fort Worth. Used to be an electric company.

If anyone is interested i can go through my hard drives and find all my urban exploring photos.
I like watching youtube vids of people urban exploring. Some places are pretty dope
post #3498 of 3506 Old 05-27-2016, 01:15 PM
jdalcour

This is an old abandoned church in West Texas. good for photo ops.
Not much of a story but its creepily in the middle of basically no where. There are few people that live around but are game herders. Alot of cattle farmers.

One night we noticed the nearest neighbor had a game fence for giant bigger animals. We walked a bit further of the back of the church to get some rear shots. As we got closer to the gate we saw a bunch of glowing eyes, It was very creepy at first but we figured it was some kind of animals, just not sure. Well I fire up one of my LED lights and shine it through the fence and theres these huge bulls with giant horns. Like giant. Not texas longhorns becuase they went more straight up and had a different curve. They were just as scared to see us as we were scared of them. Looked like devil cattle

Anyways, heres a few different shots i have of the church.

Full moon

No moon
11B-33T likes this.

post #3499 of 3506 Old 07-12-2016, 04:06 PM
turboturtle2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Found this gem out in the woods, quite unusual indeed, usually its the other way around
Attached Thumbnails
20160617_113315.jpg  
post #3500 of 3506 Old 07-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalcour
This is an old abandoned church in West Texas. good for photo ops. Not much of a story but its creepily in the middle of basically no where. There are few people that live around but are game herders. Alot of cattle farmers. One night we noticed the nearest neighbor had a game fence for giant bigger animals. We walked a bit further of the back of the church to get some rear shots. As we got closer to the gate we saw a bunch of glowing eyes, It was very creepy at first but we figured it was some kind of animals, just not sure. Well I fire up one of my LED lights and shine it through the fence and theres these huge bulls with giant horns. Like giant. Not texas longhorns becuase they went more straight up and had a different curve. They were just as scared to see us as we were scared of them. Looked like devil cattle Anyways, heres a few different shots i have of the church. Full moon
Devil's Herd from Ghost Riders In The Sky!

Maybe Ankole-Watusi bulls?
post #3501 of 3506 Old 07-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Nibblet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdalcour View Post

Full moon

No moon
Amazing pics!
post #3502 of 3506 Old 07-28-2016, 02:47 PM
Nibblet

Also, this is one of the best threads on Jeepforum... ive spent hours going thru it!
post #3503 of 3506 Old 10-28-2016, 09:58 PM
puppybreath
1989 YJ Wrangler 

New guy here, This has been a great thread, been reading it for a while!

One odd thing I found wasn't on a trail, but after leaving a trail. My buddy and I had our girlfriends with us while we were out exploring to find new trails. Went down one seasonal road, followed a couple side trails, then one trail that dead ended into a creek with steep banks, and by then the girls were getting hungry so we turned around and went back to the seasonal road. About 1/4 mile down that we found the roof to a church steeple sitting upright in the middle of the road like a 20ft tall teepee with a cross on top.
We thought we had gotten mixed up and were on a different road, so while my buddy and I were trying to figure where had gotten turned around, the girls were walking around checking out the steeple, when one of them says 'Hey isn't that the church where we turned?'
Sure enough, it was the same church and it was missing it's steeple. We explored a few more of the side trails hoping one of them would take us around it, but they all dead ended or looped back to the seasonal. Ended up plowing over a few small trees to get out. Funny thing is that there was barely any wind the whole time we were there. Still can't figure out how it got there without damage.

Another time, I was taking her home about 11pm in my Willys on a seasonal, when we saw something big and grey in the middle of the road, slowed down, trying to figure out what it was.
I thought it was a big rock or a trash bag, then when I stopped about 10-15 feet away from it, My GF says 'It's moving, I think it's alive' and it turned around and looked at us with huge yellow eyes, my girlfriend started screaming and trying to climb in my lap, then it spread wings, took of and flew right over the top of my jeep. It's wingspan was at least as wide as my windshield, biggest dang owl I have ever seen.
Got to admit, it scared me too, but that was the last time I ever got her riding in an open jeep at night.
carracer and Hard_oNe like this.
post #3504 of 3506 Old 03-31-2017, 10:43 AM
georgia123

Awesome Thread

I was reading a thread similar to this one on another forum and it linked to this one about halfway through the thread. Keep the good stories coming. I enjoy 4 wheeling as well, but haven't been in years. We would come across houses in the middle of nowhere with graffiti all in it (Georgia).

One thing that I want to mention is that I am absolutely disgusted by a large percentage of the posters here who steal stuff. WTF? Are jeep 4 wheeler guys this freakin dishonest. I mean you steal stuff from houses, "possible" abandoned vehicles, obviously NOT abandoned vehicles, and items that were obvious lost from other vehicles. Instead of trying to do the honest thing you guys high five each other on another score at someone elses expense. Dudes, that really is some pathetic behavior and whoever does that **** should be ashamed. Also, when you see an obvious crime or other illegal (not necessarily weed, but satanic crap), or crime scenes then REPORT it. WTH are you all so scared of by doing the right thing. I mean, you have no problems committing crimes, but you are scared of reporting them? You could possibly be solving some huge murder that went cold years before and giving a family closure. No wonder land owners don't want you all trespassing which you all do all the time as well.

Got to say, cool stories, love what you all do, but some of you guys are some f'n lowlife mother ****ers.
post #3505 of 3506 Old 04-04-2017, 12:15 PM
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Technically, Satanism is not illegal. Murder as a sacrifice, yes, and that can be reported... But a group in the woods chanting and dancing, freedom of religion and to assemble are a couple written things that protect them to be able to do that.

I do have to say though that I agree with the trespassing and theft issues, they give our hobby a bad name and should never be condoned here...
puppybreath likes this.

Rick

1978 CJ5 5.0HO/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass body, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3506 of 3506 Old 04-06-2017, 02:10 PM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia123 View Post
I was reading a thread similar to this one on another forum and it linked to this one about halfway through the thread. Keep the good stories coming. I enjoy 4 wheeling as well, but haven't been in years. We would come across houses in the middle of nowhere with graffiti all in it (Georgia).

One thing that I want to mention is that I am absolutely disgusted by a large percentage of the posters here who steal stuff. WTF? Are jeep 4 wheeler guys this freakin dishonest. I mean you steal stuff from houses, "possible" abandoned vehicles, obviously NOT abandoned vehicles, and items that were obvious lost from other vehicles. Instead of trying to do the honest thing you guys high five each other on another score at someone elses expense. Dudes, that really is some pathetic behavior and whoever does that **** should be ashamed. Also, when you see an obvious crime or other illegal (not necessarily weed, but satanic crap), or crime scenes then REPORT it. WTH are you all so scared of by doing the right thing. I mean, you have no problems committing crimes, but you are scared of reporting them? You could possibly be solving some huge murder that went cold years before and giving a family closure. No wonder land owners don't want you all trespassing which you all do all the time as well.

Got to say, cool stories, love what you all do, but some of you guys are some f'n lowlife mother ****ers.
Worshipping Satan isn't illegal.. If it was, going to to worship God should also be illegal. As for theft, I feel if the house or vehicle seems like it's been there for awhile. As In, it's becoming one with the earth, and it's on public land. Than go for it take what you want as long as you're 100% sure it doesn't belong to anyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.