Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #331
jage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep loser
I found this luckly you don't have to drive across it
Inferring that people actually DO drive across it? Or WOULD even?

jage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:10 PM   #332
jeep loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jage
Inferring that people actually DO drive across it? Or WOULD even?
I've seen some people do some sick stuff off road
jeep loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #333
benci007

I've had a few weird things come about when out wheeling...

one time we were at a spot not too far from the road, maybe 3 or 4 miles out. We had to cross some pretty hairy spots to get to where we were, so you understand our suprise when we see an OLD vw rabbit. This thing was used, and I use that term loosely. I have no idea how this thing got back there - we traced every possible way you could get in. still beats me. so to celebrate our find, we beat this thing with crow bars and axes, and then chained it to the back of the jeeps and pulled it around for a while. made for a good story.

there used to be a place about 5 miles from our highschool that was referred to as "the halfpipe." The only way to describe this place was that it was a giant halfpipe located in the middle of nowhere. we used to go out there in HS and drink all the time until some a$$hole burned it down. we never found out the original use for the building, it was really weird inside. under the halfpipe there were shower stalls... never figured that one out.

I'm sure theres other good stories... these are the first to come to mind though.
Unread 06-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #334
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

found this rock structure thing in George Washington National Forrest a few months back when my group got a bit lost in the woods, it looked like somebody stacked rocks to make a house, or a hut, there are 4 walls and an opening where a door might go. The walls were about 5 feet tall. No idea how old it was.
Unread 06-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #335
JFiorentino
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I found a STOLEN 2005 GMC Canyon that someone rolled down a hill. It was upside down, but I was able to read the VIN and radio it in. The Sheriff confirmed that it was a stolen vehicle taken from the next town over.

On our way back, we found 2 guys stripping parts off the truck. I told them that the cops were on their way and be to sure and leave lots of finger prints for them

"When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires always has the right of way"

2004 TJ, Auto w/ OD, 4.0L, Off-Road 36x13.5 Super Swamper IROK's on MT Classic II Rims, SYE, CV Driveshaft, 4:56 Gears, ARB Locker, 3.5" RE Superflex, 2" Body Lift, JKS Quicker Disco's, 9,000# Winch, Toys-by-Troy step-sliders, The Source OBA. And lots more....
JFiorentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #336
Muddeprived

i caught a couple banging away on a solo trip once . Lemme tell you, the girl was a supermodel IMO

too bad i didn't have popcorn for the 15 minute show.....
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 10:39 AM   #337
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived
i caught a couple banging away on a solo trip once . Lemme tell you, the girl was a supermodel IMO

too bad i didn't have popcorn for the 15 minute show.....
Supermodel? 15 minutes? Did you congratulate him

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2006, 12:41 PM   #338
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr
Supermodel? 15 minutes? Did you congratulate him
Him? who? oh there was another person there? i had no idea.....
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:51 AM   #339
mmasuperman12
1998 XJ Cherokee 

this is such an awesome thread, i just wasted 2 hours at work reading this whole thing, all 23 pages. but anyways there is a few of those stone foundation looking things around my house and also there are 2 cabin(i will go get pics soon as the jeep is back on the road) the first cabin is called the witches cabin and its spooky to think some one used to live there or something it has an old chicken coop and vans and cars all around it and it seems to look like others have been there and not like destructing it but maintaining it. really weird! and the other cabin is out on the back of the so called mountain in my town there is an old hunting cabin that no one has been in for as long as i can remeber but we go out there alot in jeeps and there are what look to be like brand new propane tanks but no tracks, mind you this is about 3 miles in the woods. there are all sorts of old pictures in there and i found out that one of the pictures had a name and i looked it up online and the guy had died and he was a local so i dont know if anyone owns it. be sweet to get that!

also had to cuss out some dumb highschool kids that were in the middle of a trail having a fire burning pallets. i was so pissed because it was a nice technical trail beyond them, damn hooligans.
mmasuperman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #340
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by benci007
one time we were at a spot not too far from the road, maybe 3 or 4 miles out. We had to cross some pretty hairy spots to get to where we were, so you understand our suprise when we see an OLD vw rabbit. This thing was used, and I use that term loosely. I have no idea how this thing got back there - we traced every possible way you could get in. still beats me. so to celebrate our find, we beat this thing with crow bars and axes, and then chained it to the back of the jeeps and pulled it around for a while. made for a good story.
So THAT's what happened to it. I had only been gone a couple of hours; ran out of gas and had to hike out to the nearest station and when I got back, my Rabbit didn't look the same. Hmmmm.
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2006, 09:46 PM   #341
krugon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice, all I've ever found is a crescent wrench sitting in the middle of the trail, and I almost lost my 3wheeler getting off to pick it up...
*90 YJ - 2.5L* Gone but not forgotten
My Site-[URL="http://rottenrides.com/pic/"]Rottenrides[/URL]
krugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #342
FromHereDown

i found a flipped over s-10, i wanna go back and take the transfer case out and see if i can sell it.
FromHereDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #343
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

10 characters
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!

Last edited by CraigAllen; 08-11-2006 at 05:58 AM..
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #344
Matt Gertsch
www.lp.org

1999 XJ Cherokee 

We just bought 10.6 acres in the middle of the woods east of Redding. There are the remenants of the old homesteader's rock fences all over the area. Not a wheeling story, but it is super cool to have land that settlers once lived on when 1st coming to Cali. If you guys like to find stuff while wheeling, you should check out the Chappie-Shasta OHV area just west of Redding if you're ever in the area. Drop me a PM, I can give you directions. There is old mining stuff everywhere out there. A guy in one of my welding classes found some old bunkers out there when he was playing on his quad. He said that they found some old cases of dyanmite in one. He said the was a full "kitchen" in another. He said it looked like a mad scientist lab. He didn't GPS it though, so no one else can find it.
Unread 06-11-2006, 07:13 PM   #345
Ron Mallory

I Live in the middle of no where in Az desert. My grandpas quads was stolen a day before me and my buddy went wheeling by my house. We stoped by a 20 foot dirt hill for a little while. And i heard a quad so me and my buddy walked up the hill to see if it was my grandpas quads. We saw a acura getting romped and 3 kids jumping my grandpa stolen quad. They where about 400 yards from us so we jumped in the jeep on the way over we found the other quad in a ditch all f'd up he jumped out to look at it and i kept going to get to the little punks. When i pulled up i jumped out and started running tword the kid on the quad he jumped off the quad and started running. Me being 6'6" football player i caught him and takled him started beating the sh** out of him while his buddys watched. After my friend got there and we got tired of beating the crap out of them we called the cops and they went to jail. The cop laughed at them when they tryed saying we assualted them. Needless to say i got to f some one up with the cops on my side and my grandpa got brand new quads because those where badly beaten up.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.