Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 229 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 05-07-2014, 05:34 PM   #3421
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327
Hmm. Your user name + finding a bone.. think on that a minute
Hahahaha didn't notice that 😂😂😂😂

idahojku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #3422
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Hmm. Your user name + finding a bone.. think on that a minute
Muah hah ha ha. Plus im from Wisconsin, home turf to these two...

IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #3423
MXLord327

This thread needs a BUMP!
MXLord327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 03:35 PM   #3424
tj1997tj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone remember the guy from American Pickers who lived under ground?
I didn't find him but I believe I did run across his older brother a few days ago.

tj1997tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #3425
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

well well well what have we here...

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Vote here for the November Cherokee Of The Month!!!
The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #3426
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

I see what you did there hahaha
idahojku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #3427
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nothying special, just a well known ghost town in Ely, NV, called "green town"

whoopsie. It was completely coated with freezing rain so had been there for a bit.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #3428
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 09-04-2014, 12:48 AM   #3429
yamahamm
1993 ZJ 

read the hole tread now need more stories.
yamahamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #3430
mgrey2811
1978 CJ7 

Not really a wheeling story but I'll tell it...

I live in Southeastern Ohio. Jackson County, Bordering us is Vinton County which is more forest than anything else well in Vinton County is a place called Moonville Tunnel, supposed to be haunted or something but I have never had anything weird happen unless it involved people which this story does. Every year around Halloween Me and some buddies get all hyped up hop in someones 4wd vehicle and head out to Moonville to get a little adrenaline going Every year nothing happens until this past year and it did not include my buddies, now to the story. I was sitting at my girlfriends house and her cousin texted her and said lets go to "Moonville I've never been" after much arguing about how we shouldn't go with just two girls and a guy around this time (a few drunks like to roam the area around Halloween) we found ourselves walking that eerie trail that crosses a creek in the pitch dark it seemed as if only a few people were there by the number of car's which was 2 so we didn't think anything of it till we passed a couple that looked like well they had just seen a ghost. I gave a wave and said hi but no reply that is when I started feeling this odd sensation in my stomach but we continued our march... as we approach the tunnel a young man jumps out to scare us we laugh but I notice he will not show his face no matter how much I try to look him in the eye. as we walk through the tunnel I notice about 5 people in the tunnel non of which will show there faces that is when I decided it is best to leave. As we go to leave a man stops us whose breathe smelled like a fresh bottle of Jack starts yelling go down that F****** Trail! (referring to the trail that continues through tunnel out into the dark unknown) This when I get defensive and after much arguing with the drunk man and almost fighting we tail it out back down the dark trail to the car as we come up the hill we all feel they are following us and that is when the brightest light ever shined into my eyes yelling Stop! Turned out to be a park officer thank goodness who was kind enough to understand the situation and guided us back to the car as I go to warn him about the other group of people I hear the loading of a gun and the strapping of a bullet proof vest and the park officer said I understand the situation please get in the car and leave. Sorry for the long post but that is about as unusual and terrifying of a night in the woods I have ever had. here is a picture of Moonville
moonville-2.jpg

mgrey2811 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #3431
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A couple years ago, some buddies and myself went out to santa cruz to see what was left of "Holy City" an old ghost town (Holy City was founded in 1919 by cult-leader William E. Riker and about thirty of his followers. Calling his ideology "The Perfect Christian Divine Way", Riker preached celibacy, temperance, white supremacy, and segregation of the races and sexes.[3]) ). We learned that the majority , pretty much all of the town burnt down. Just a glass shop is at the location now. We go inside and poke around then ask about holy city. The owner just shrugs and says he doesn't know, so we head back out to the jeep and get ready to leave. While we are getting ready to leave, he comes out and changes his persona and starts to tell us about holy city etc. I guess he saw we weren't just messing around and were interested. He then tells us to follow him to show us something. So we follow him through the back of the store, we go on a small trail to some redwoods and in the redwoods is a sort of gathering/ temple area. There was an alter with a bunch of knick knacks and various stuff people have left behind. He goes on to tell us that this is where that cult leader William Riker did his weekly gathering and preaching to his followers. Was pretty interesting and eird at the same time. The owner said he doesn't take many people back there and few know about it. So I guess we were lucky to be able to check it out. .
silbotta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 03:01 AM   #3432
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

A friend of mine, his sister, my wife, and I were planning to go to Moonville tunnel one weekend with a small group of other fans of paranormal activity searching... we never made it though, the guy who was organizing it had health issues or something, as we never did hear from him, his website closed around that time.

I always tonight it'd be cool to be able to drive that rail bed in the CJ...

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #3433
mgrey2811
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
A friend of mine, his sister, my wife, and I were planning to go to Moonville tunnel one weekend with a small group of other fans of paranormal activity searching... we never made it though, the guy who was organizing it had health issues or something, as we never did hear from him, his website closed around that time.

I always tonight it'd be cool to be able to drive that rail bed in the CJ...
It really can't be drove at the moment other than the useless gates in your way there are some large trees down on the rail bed and it just kind of ends on the other side with a straight drop off a cool tunnel just past moonville can be drove up to though and if you are close to the area I recommend taking a small trip it is called kings tunnel all wood about 40-50ft tall and 100-120ft long pretty neat here is a picture of the tunnel with me in my jeep as you can see
kings-tunnel-2.jpg

mgrey2811 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #3434
biffs
2000 WJ 

Wow, finished the thread finally (hope work doesn't check my history, lol). I don't have a ton to add to the thread, just abandoned stuff. That being said, I haven't been out a ton yet.

Just wanted to subscribe until I find something!
Unread 09-27-2014, 07:15 AM   #3435
yamahamm
1993 ZJ 

We need more stories
yamahamm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.