Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 228 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-24-2014, 07:09 AM   #3406
ahar9
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalJeeper View Post
Clearly I've led a boring life compared to what I've read here ... Either that or my imagination isn't as vivid.

A few things I've come across:
1. In the mid-80s I found a come-a-long buried in the dirt while quail hunting. Took it home, cleaned it up, it works fine ... and still have it.
2. In the mid-90s I found a mostly buried 30' tow chain complete with hooks on each end on a deer lease. One of my lease "buddies" said I should leave it where I found it. The next weekend, it wasn't there but I noticed it was now in the back of his F250 ... Can you say, TOOL!
3. Summer of 1978, 3 friends and I all took our Jeeps to Padre Island for a 3 day beach/camping trip. One night, one of the guys, who was actually in a full size Blazer, decided to drive down the beach and turn around every once in a while to see how far away his Daylighters would be visible to us. I decided to ride with him. Every time we turned around to shine the lights back up the beach, the vehicle's electrical system went haywire and ALL the lights would go out; headlights, Daylighters, dash lights, etc ... but the CB still worked. After a couple times of losing our lights, it seemed spooky to us so we headed back. We drove back up the beach with no lights at all. When we got back to camp, we tried them again and everything came back on.
The electrical problem story is pretty wild. F that lol. And i woulda found his truck at a walmart parking lot or something and snatched the chain and painted it and said you bought it

Unread 04-28-2014, 02:20 PM   #3407
rdbs505

I've found several interesting things out on the trail.

1. Womens panties
2. Polaris 500 utility quad with no plastics on it, missing a wheel and the handlebars. looked like it had been sitting there for months?
3. A brand new jug of laundry detergent.

I've found other misc things like tools and broken parts, but those three items had me scratching my head.
rdbs505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM   #3408
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbs505 View Post
I've found several interesting things out on the trail.

1. Womens panties
2. Polaris 500 utility quad with no plastics on it, missing a wheel and the handlebars. looked like it had been sitting there for months?
3. A brand new jug of laundry detergent.

I've found other misc things like tools and broken parts, but those three items had me scratching my head .

I'd be careful about where you put mysterious panties
Unread 04-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #3409
bobjp

The laundry detergent is for making meth.
Unread 04-28-2014, 06:32 PM   #3410
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjp View Post
The laundry detergent is for making meth.
What don't they put in meth? Isn't one of the primary ingredients lithium batteries?
IH8PEPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:14 AM   #3411
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post

What don't they put in meth? Isn't one of the primary ingredients lithium batteries?
They put a little of everything you known a dash of this a handful of that. I remember in school they told us all what was in it. I was sitting at my desk like is it OK that he is basically telling us how to make meth?
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #3412
bobjp

Just don't go buying large quantities of Tide unless you want to be on a list. Or at least pay with cash.

The things people will do for money. Go to a community college, get a job. I hope someone kills me if my life ever comes to making drugs in the woods.
Unread 05-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #3413
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstime View Post
They put a little of everything you known a dash of this a handful of that. I remember in school they told us all what was in it. I was sitting at my desk like is it OK that he is basically telling us how to make meth?
Haha, the D.A.R.E program. Besides telling us the ingredients and the effects of different drugs, 2 minutes after the officer told he class that we can sniff markers to get high a kid grabbed some markers and tried

This was 4th grade lol
Unread 05-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #3414
thatguy383

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurdaJs View Post
Haha, the D.A.R.E program. Besides telling us the ingredients and the effects of different drugs, 2 minutes after the officer told he class that we can sniff markers to get high a kid grabbed some markers and tried

This was 4th grade lol

Yes, I didn't know anything about drugs and then DARE taught me how to identify and where to get, effects, I was better off before

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
[SOLD XJ Black, 2 door]
76 CJ5 deep project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.
thatguy383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #3415
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

This weekend I was up near Black River WI driving a dry creek bed and the girlfriend was like "We just ran over a bone". Sure enough... Human Femur? Definitly the right size. We called the Sheriff Dept, gave them the GPS coordinates and I flagged the nearest tree with a red shop rag.

Unread 05-06-2014, 03:03 PM   #3416
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL
This weekend I was up near Black River WI driving a dry creek bed and the girlfriend was like "We just ran over a bone". Sure enough... human Femur? Definitly the right size. We called the Sheriff Dept, gave them the GPS coordinates and I flagged the nearest tree with a red shop rag.
Creepy..
Unread 05-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #3417
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL
This weekend I was up near Black River WI driving a dry creek bed and the girlfriend was like "We just ran over a bone". Sure enough... human Femur? Definitly the right size. We called the Sheriff Dept, gave them the GPS coordinates and I flagged the nearest tree with a red shop rag.
Gotta let us know if they say it's human or not
idahojku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #3418
IH8PEPL
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahojku View Post
Gotta let us know if they say it's human or not
I really hope they call me back... I don't want to be a weirdo and call them to find out, even though im dying to know . We walked 100 yards up and down from where we found it... nothing else unusual, lots of beer cans
Unread 05-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #3419
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PEPL View Post

I really hope they call me back... I don't want to be a weirdo and call them to find out, even though im dying to know . We walked 100 yards up and down from where we found it... nothing else unusual, lots of beer cans
Wait a week or two and call. You have nothing else to lose. The worst they can say is that they 1) aren't at liberty to divulge that information or 2) have no information. Can't hurt to try!
Unread 05-07-2014, 03:00 PM   #3420
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Hmm. Your user name + finding a bone.. think on that a minute

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.