Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 221 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 06-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #3301
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was glued to that story, didn't finish till almost 1am haha

mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #3302
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I always find mild stuff like weird creepy teddy bears... the set up of everything I came across felt very demonic. Haha but off that topic sometimes me and my friends take TP rolls cut eyes into them put a glow stick in them and place them in trees so as someone drives past it looks like a bunch of glowing evil eyes. So if your in the Helena area and see eyes in the bushes... haha we pick everything up so dont start yelling tread lightly because we do.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #3303
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchconley View Post
...this trip was awesome to read! Makes me wonder when I'll take/make some time to say WTF and hit the road for roads and places less traveled...
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #3304
Zooshoveller
1988 XJ Cherokee 

221 pages and a few days later...

What an epic thread!

I remember in the early/mid 90's, my dad and his buddies leased some hunting land near Waugh, AL. We went riding around, checking everything out, and found a slave cemetery and an Indian (Creek) burial ground. The land was leased from a gravel/sand company and there was heavy equipment everywhere.

I have a couple more little stories to share later to help keep this thread going.
Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #3305
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooshoveller View Post
221 pages and a few days later...

What an epic thread!

I remember in the early/mid 90's, my dad and his buddies leased some hunting land near Waugh, AL. We went riding around, checking everything out, and found a slave cemetery and an Indian (Creek) burial ground. The land was leased from a gravel/sand company and there was heavy equipment everywhere.

I have a couple more little stories to share later to help keep this thread going.
Tell tell tell
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #3306
MXLord327

Don't Die!!!

Can't let this thread die!!!!
MXLord327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:46 AM   #3307
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I found a bunch of crap, tvs and other stuff.

I also found a mint condition ford 3.0 with radiator

I <3 rockrash
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #3308
MXLord327

Twice while dirt-biking in southern Maine, I have ridden up on cops in their cruisers in the woods with women who were not their wives..... The first one was around 1980, I was 14, and the cop wrote me up for an unregistered and un-inspected vehicle, and unlicensed driver, even though I was in the woods. My dad went to the station and let the cop know his wife would find out if he didn't tear up the tickets, which he did!!!
MXLord327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #3309
Itstime
2002 TJ Wrangler 

At my stomping grounds in ND you find everything wheeling at the pits... so much so that I don't go there anymore people just throw stuff everywhere! There is always some sketch stuff to.
Itstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #3310
Quadrcr161
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Finally after several weeks a few post at a time I finally read all 221 pages and came to the conclusion Alabama sucks, been in the Wetumpka/Montgomery area for a few years and only have had my jeep a month and a half and I don't know any roads/ trails to go exploring on. Found a few places by Google earth but they had gates and no tress passing signs from Alabama power, one had a good size mud hole but I have no self recovery gear and don't know a lot of people here. Hopefully I can find some places close by to go play.
Quadrcr161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #3311
Zooshoveller
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrcr161
Finally after several weeks a few post at a time I finally read all 221 pages and came to the conclusion Alabama sucks, been in the Wetumpka/Montgomery area for a few years and only have had my jeep a month and a half and I don't know any roads/ trails to go exploring on. Found a few places by Google earth but they had gates and no tress passing signs from Alabama power, one had a good size mud hole but I have no self recovery gear and don't know a lot of people here. Hopefully I can find some places close by to go play.
Just keep looking.
Unread 08-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #3312
Quadrcr161
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Just keep looking.
What part of AL are you from? i know of grey rock and stoney lonesome but those are several hours away, and one would think as open and how much wooded area there is it wouldnt be hard to find. Some of the high school kids said something about a gravel quarry on 143.
Unread 08-05-2013, 06:16 AM   #3313
Zooshoveller
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrcr161

What part of AL are you from? i know of grey rock and stoney lonesome but those are several hours away, and one would think as open and how much wooded area there is it wouldnt be hard to find. Some of the high school kids said something about a gravel quarry on 143.
Montgomery.

Check out The Great American Park in Auburn.

Perry Mountain in Maplesville.

Here's a list of some more.
http://www.find-off-road-trails.com/alabama-trails.html
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #3314
Quadrcr161
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Montgomery.

Check out The Great American Park in Auburn.

Perry Mountain in Maplesville.

Here's a list of some more.
http://www.find-off-road-trails.com/alabama-trails.html
Heard of the place in Auburn and i didnt know perry mtn let 4x4's in, its all dirtbike and wont even let the quads or sxs go. I raced the midsouth race there a few years ago when it showed but this past year the owners kicked the quads out of the AMA midsouth series race. Ill look into the link though thanks, im outside of Wetumpka and you would think as much farm land and all there would be places to ride. Send me an IM if you ever go riding, and if your into dirtbike or quads ill send you information on a group ride at some private property in a few weeks.
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #3315
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadrcr161 View Post
Park outside AutoZone the jeepers will come lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.