Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 214 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #3196
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
The farmer did sexual things to the cow then had a hybrid kid Probly was just sleeping lol
Who knows? How that stupid cow got onto the second level of that house is beyond me. People must've had narrow shoulders way back when, because even we had trouble fitting through that stairwell. How a full-size cow got up the stairs is completely beyond my comprehension. SO WEIRD!!

-Evan

Unread 02-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #3197
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post

Who knows? How that stupid cow got onto the second level of that house is beyond me. People must've had narrow shoulders way back when, because even we had trouble fitting through that stairwell. How a full-size cow got up the stairs is completely beyond my comprehension. SO WEIRD!!

-Evan
Maybe it walked in and found the farmer dead and are off him till he was big and then he starved lol just a thought. today I seen a mexican mowing his yard with a weed eater that may be wierder then the cow
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM   #3198
robinmcj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Reminds me of the old book the Boxcar Children

(don't know why it isn't click free...sorry)

Attachment 541495
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #3199
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

-Evan
When ever you find a old house like that take a metal detecter around the foundation back then they buried all there valuables like gold by the foundation incase of a Fire.
Unread 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #3200
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
When ever you find a old house like that take a metal detecter around the foundation back then they buried all there valuables like gold by the foundation incase of a Fire.
Next time I'm in South Dakota I'll make sure to rent one and do that. Thanks for the advice!
Unread 02-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #3201
SH00T3R
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Found a Deer on a roof. Just chillin like nothing was wrong with being on a roof. There was only a small catwalk to get up there so I imagine it couldnt find its way back off. Sorry for the crappy pic.

”When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful.”
SH00T3R is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #3202
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

^^lmao
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #3203
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Metal detectors are fun. Going around old farmsteads are a great way to find cool things. Entry level ones are not that expensive, are a blast, and can pay for themselves.

I detected an old boy scout camp that was an army training camp during WWII and was a logging camp in the 1860's. Lots of old roads and trails to play on.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #3204
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Metal detectors are fun. Going around old farmsteads are a great way to find cool things. Entry level ones are not that expensive, are a blast, and can pay for themselves.

I detected an old boy scout camp that was an army training camp during WWII and was a logging camp in the 1860's. Lots of old roads and trails to play on.
Once I get my 9er working again I'll dump some money into one I think... Sounds like fun, and we have more ghost towns and abandoned mines around here, should be easy to pay it off sooner rather than later haha
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #3205
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Once I get my 9er working again I'll dump some money into one I think... Sounds like fun, and we have more ghost towns and abandoned mines around here, should be easy to pay it off sooner rather than later haha
The boy scout camp was awesome. The best I found was a 1944 Walking Liberty half dollar. Some guys were pulling civil war pennies out of the ground.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #3206
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
The boy scout camp was awesome. The best I found was a 1944 Walking Liberty half dollar. Some guys were pulling civil war pennies out of the ground.
Holy cow... Most I'll be pulling out of the ground up here will probably be old mining equipment and the odd spur. Who knows! Maybe I'll get lucky!
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #3207
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I found a broke driveshaft. not mine to :P
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #3208
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH00T3R View Post
Found a Deer on a roof. Just chillin like nothing was wrong with being on a roof. There was only a small catwalk to get up there so I imagine it couldnt find its way back off. Sorry for the crappy pic.
That's funny
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #3209
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

Holy cow... Most I'll be pulling out of the ground up here will probably be old mining equipment and the odd spur. Who knows! Maybe I'll get lucky!
Might get some coins that the.miners dropped
Unread 02-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #3210
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Found some government guys WAY up in the mountains today. It was weird, because they were in a couple of nice trucks; an F150 Supercab and a Chevy Silverado Crew Cab (or whatever the names are for the 4-door types of each truck). Each truck was equipped with a NICE ARB front bumper and Warn Winch. The F150 had a headache rack, too, and the Chevy had some miscellaneous duffel and garbage bags in the back. 10 guys all told, just hangin' out around the trucks, watching me come up the trail in the snow. Only reason I found it unusual was because the trucks were totally unmarked, but they had government plates, the exempt ones. All the guys weren't doing anything, just standing around watching me. I tried looking into the trees to see if I couldn't find what they were working on (machinery, etc.) and didn't see a thing! Just a bunch of unknown men in woodsy outfits wearing baseball caps watching me crawl up the trail. Freaked me out a little, to be honest! Asked around in my moms office-- she's a lawyer for the state of Montana-- and some guys said that the state government had contracted with ARB and they thought Warn to outfit some rugged trucks for use in the absolute backcountry of Montana's mountains. We're talking like 50 miles from any paved road remote. Like 33" BFG Mud Terrains remote. None of the guys knew about any of the organizations/contractors that would use these trucks though. Just whispers and rumors around the state's watercoolers... Strange things up here haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.