Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 213 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #3181
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
fishin pole with a sinker?
Nope they don't own it anymore sold it. they might of tried that. all I remember is the mosquitoes would eat you alive. Minnesotas terrible.

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #3182
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

too bad, and yah I hate them skeeters but Deet works well enough if the fish are bitin.
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #3183
cconn
Mud Bogger

2013 JK Wrangler 

Found scenic area about 20 miles from my house my while riding down old logging roads.
2013 Commando Sport. Rock Krawler 2.5" X-Factor lift. 35" MT/R's, 17x9 Pacer black wheels. ProRock 44 front axle. RCV shafts, ARB front and rear lockers. 4.56 gears. Coast 1310 drive shafts. TeraFlex adjustable tire carrier. AEV front bumper. Warn 9.5 CTI winch. TrekArmor seat covers, Spiderweb shade

Build Thread : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/c.../#post15031329
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #3184
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_Da View Post
I definetly understand we lose a couple up here in ND amd MN every winter. Usually don't find them until after it's to late. We didn't lose any this winter but we made up for it with the number of road fatalities. Which equally sucks.

If you ever have a chance to go to Skiatook, OK, there are houses under the lake if you so choose to go scuba diving, some of them are still under there. There is one place on Bull Creek Peninsula where you can swin or boat out to a small island where there used to be a house. It's just a foundation now though.
i live 40 min from skiatook lol. but i used to live in zimmerman, MN. theres a lake in zimmerman called fremont lake its suppose to be a farm in the lake heared of people skubaing there. what part of MN you in grandforks or somthing like that? having fun with that -20 :P
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #3185
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Lets see here, where to begin?

Wheeled on the Unabombers property, which was weird because we all had the distinct feeling of being watched the entire time...

Found a meth house and a pot plantation less than an acre from each other waaaaaaay up in the mountains. The two were probably connected, so we marked the coordinates and notified Gallatin County Sheriffs. That was retty interesting.

Got chased by a couple wild-looking dudes near the town of Jardine, MT. Lots of Freemen and white supremacist groups up there because it's so incredibly remote. That was one of the scariest things I've I've ever experienced because they would not stop. We ended up right around 15-20 miles from the nearest road without a clue if those guys were waiting for us at the bottom of the hill... Ended up trying to sneak bout past nightfall, which might've worked. I'll never know, though, because we never saw those guys again. I don't think I've even driven so fast on any dirt road like that ever before or since. We were practically in tears the whole time, thats how scared we were.

Oh yeah. Found a pile of around 100 dead sheep decomposing at the bottom of a cliff on my buddies property last spring. They had apparently fallen off when the lead ram led them off the cliff in a bad snowstorm. What was interesting, though, was the fact that when we picked through the pile, we found an antelope buck at the very bottom needless to say, we were all slightly confused. He was next to the big ram haha so we still have no idea.

We had pics of the last story, and I think they ended up on google somehow. The pile was really impressive actually it made the rural newspapers front page! Somehow, though, I lost the memory card that contained the pictures of the sheep pile-up on it. Those pictures went with the ones of the legendary Lamar wolf pack (now nearly extinct) in Yellowstone National Park.

Boy, for being only 18, I've seen a LOT up here in Montucky!
Oh yeah, one more thing, got shot at up in Wickes, about 35 miles outside of Butte. That was some scary business! Had to take cover in an old train tunnel until the guy had unloaded his clip (or so we hoped )

-Evan
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #3186
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
One long week end, more years ago than I want to remember, a small group from our club were going up a canyon in the south part of Death Valley. We came around a bend in the canyon and saw an old blue and white school bus off the side of the trail next to some shacks. A bunch of people started coming out of the shacks. They had long hair and all were dirtier than we were. They stood along the trail and stared at us as we drove past, they were a spooky bunch of people but they never said anything to us.
we found out a little while later that those strange people were Charlie Manson and his infamous family.
You win man! For getting out of that situation alive, you win!
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #3187
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyak View Post

The hell he did. He just described a corpse, cause I'd have been firing at shadows. Anything that can make a engine quit running is bad mojo.
I was thinking the same didn't touch it though. that's describing a pissed off ghost that's electric force or whatever cut your Jeep off. I believe it I've had wierd supernatural event happen before. I don't think about it though best that way.
Unread 01-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #3188
BadKarma1701
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
I was thinking the same didn't touch it though. that's describing a pissed off ghost that's electric force or whatever cut your Jeep off. I believe it I've had wierd supernatural event happen before. I don't think about it though best that way.

Missed that one, what page is it on?

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #3189
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remery829 View Post
found an old A model
Where is this !?! I want it!
Unread 01-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #3190
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma1701 View Post

In between 100 and 180 Lil
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #3191
AndyAllen
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJeeper20 View Post
Whatever you were smoking I dont want any
Congratulations you just desribed half of the stories here! Best thread EVER!
Oh and whats up with the jeep cutting off in the fog?? I'm young and naive but this has got me interested.
Unread 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #3192
LJ-ROD
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma1701 View Post
Post #1579

Obadiah Build Thread -
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2005-lj-obadiah-build-1478051/#post14956502
LJ-ROD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #3193
BadKarma1701
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the location. Went back and read it, good stuff.

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:31 PM   #3194
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

OH YEAH!

Forgot about the dead cow we found on the second story of an abandoned ranch house. Odd in two ways: 1) how did it get INTO the house in the first place? None of the windows or doors are big enough for the damn thing to fit into alive and walking, let alone someone/something carrying or dragging it in there, and 2) how did it die? It was just laying on the floor in one of the upstairs bedrooms, no blood around it, no visible signs of decay or cause of death, nothing at all. Just a dead cow in an old farmhouse in the middle of Montana.

That one freaked us out pretty good. We left in a screamin' hurry!

-Evan
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #3195
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
OH YEAH!

Forgot about the dead cow we found on the second story of an abandoned ranch house. Odd in two ways: 1) how did it get INTO the house in the first place? None of the windows or doors are big enough for the damn thing to fit into alive and walking, let alone someone/something carrying or dragging it in there, and 2) how did it die? It was just laying on the floor in one of the upstairs bedrooms, no blood around it, no visible signs of decay or cause of death, nothing at all. Just a dead cow in an old farmhouse in the middle of Montana.

That one freaked us out pretty good. We left in a screamin' hurry!

-Evan
The farmer did sexual things to the cow then had a hybrid kid Probly was just sleeping lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.