Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 212 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-31-2012, 12:14 PM   #3166
KickboxingSloth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ

Good shooting! What rugar a mkI pistol?

'06 LJ
Nope just a rifle

Unread 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM   #3167
Xatten

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c
One long week end, more years ago than I want to remember, a small group from our club were going up a canyon in the south part of Death Valley. We came around a bend in the canyon and saw an old blue and white school bus off the side of the trail next to some shacks. A bunch of people started coming out of the shacks. They had long hair and all were dirtier than we were. They stood along the trail and stared at us as we drove past, they were a spooky bunch of people but they never said anything to us.
we found out a little while later that those strange people were Charlie Manson and his infamous family.
By the way, that stuff is still there as of 1994. I was a cop in the Navy at China Lake and had to drive by that place to get to my patrol area. It always made me feel creepy.
Xatten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #3168
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTempe View Post
Dynamite thread.
Way back when about 1978, with a 1968 Nissan Patrol that was my first 4wd rig. I lived for a while in Montrose Colorado and we'd go exploring random dirt roads. Once we followed a road along the Uncompagre river and came up on an abandoned mining camp or ghost town. About a dozen buildings, mostly intact with windows and roofs that kept out the weather. Found some newspapers dated to the 30's, a wood burning stove. There was a wheel house with the remains of a very large winch, no motor. Accross the river there was a cable that looped over a large shiv about 100' up a cliff, right over a mine opening. I'm sure it's all gone by now, from what I understand the whole area got over run with the California equity boom.

I've been living in Arizona now for about 16 years. There are more magic places and suprises here than I could list. Can I get a witness!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbybee View Post
There are a LOT of ghost towns still standing in AZ, and it's part of what I love about this state.
I hope the Colorado ones are still around
This town still exists I believe. I've been to many Ghost towns in that area (Vulcan, Ute-Ulay, Carbon, Carson and Old Carson, Bonanza, just to name a few) and some are still very untouched. This past summer I found a totally untouched town with complete china and glassware.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #3169
Xatten

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen

Like these:

Hidden in "plane" site near St. Augustine somewhere that I can no longer remember - it's been several years since I was there.
Old C-1s from the U.S. Navy.
Xatten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #3170
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickboxingSloth View Post
Went wheeling onetime and came across a graveyard from the 1800's that is now a devil worshipping site. it had pentagrams and animal bones everywhere. It had recently rained so I did donuts on the pentagram and some other stuff that was there, and totally destroyed it!
So you did donuts in a graveyard?
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #3171
KickboxingSloth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Found this over the weekend on some public land. The first thing is a train boxcar the thing is. The wheeling spot is no where near any tracks. Just by it there is a abandoned and demolished structure that looks like it was a holding pen for animals. I don't know the story behind them.

image-1732552413.jpg

image-2473060697.jpg

image-2359576344.jpg

image-3476360690.jpg

image-3383137992.jpg

I'm on my phone so I apologize for the bad grammar.
Unread 01-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #3172
KickboxingSloth
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert
So you did donuts in a graveyard?
Part where I did donuts was destroyed from the devil worshipers.

I'm on my phone so I apologize for the bad grammar.
Unread 01-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #3173
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Found this little cabin in the woods. Nobody was home.

chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #3174
blackouttj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great thread guys. I love hearing these stories. My weirdest encounter was when me and my dad were riding our dirt bikes up in the mountains of PA. We had been riding for about an hour or so and stumbled across 3 concrete silos. Or at least i think that's what they were. They were about 40 feet in diameter and sticking about 3 feet outta the ground. Missile silos maybe? They were about 100ft from each other in a triangular pattern. It was very strange. But it gets weirder. We decide to keep riding farther into the mountains since it was still fairly early. Eventually the trail we were following stops at the chain link fence with barb wire around the top of it. We get off our bikes to try and see if we can see anything and through a gap in the trees we could see this weird dome like thing. I don't really know how to describe it. Just this big sun baked white dome that was probably if i had to guess about twice the size as an average home. Literally in the middle of the mountains. It was pretty wild. From there we decided to back track our way back to our truck and it took us over 3 hours so we covered some ground before we found this stuff. I know we weren't the first to see this stuff since we were following four wheeler trails the whole time but it definitely left me wondering what that stuff was
blackouttj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #3175
1shotwonder
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackouttj View Post
Great thread guys. I love hearing these stories. My weirdest encounter was when me and my dad were riding our dirt bikes up in the mountains of PA. We had been riding for about an hour or so and stumbled across 3 concrete silos. Or at least i think that's what they were. They were about 40 feet in diameter and sticking about 3 feet outta the ground. Missile silos maybe? They were about 100ft from each other in a triangular pattern. It was very strange. But it gets weirder. We decide to keep riding farther into the mountains since it was still fairly early. Eventually the trail we were following stops at the chain link fence with barb wire around the top of it. We get off our bikes to try and see if we can see anything and through a gap in the trees we could see this weird dome like thing. I don't really know how to describe it. Just this big sun baked white dome that was probably if i had to guess about twice the size as an average home. Literally in the middle of the mountains. It was pretty wild. From there we decided to back track our way back to our truck and it took us over 3 hours so we covered some ground before we found this stuff. I know we weren't the first to see this stuff since we were following four wheeler trails the whole time but it definitely left me wondering what that stuff was
Where in PA was this? I'll go check it out, lol i'm looking for a new adventure shortly
Unread 01-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #3176
blackouttj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We were a little bit farther north of tower city
blackouttj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 02:12 AM   #3177
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ4oh View Post

Yeah thats the only thing I found weird about it... Aside from that though, I can beleive it.. Theres a natural spring in the mountains of NC thats called the bottomless pit, I guess they've tried to find the bottom with no such luck.

Also in New Mexico in the Carlsbad Caverns they have a bottomless pit. That thing was crazy.. they had some huge spot lights shinning down in it, and you couldnt see ANYTHING. They were huge bright lights too.. just cave walls and an empty void.
My Grandma had a house with a pond in the back they had multiple people out there to see how deep it was but no one could answer it they think it was connected to the lake across the street
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #3178
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sonar?
Laser range finder?
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #3179
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dippert View Post
Sonar?
Laser range finder?
think sonar but may be wrong but but it was really murky water laser wouldn't work would it?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #3180
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

fishin pole with a sinker?
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.