Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 03-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #301
ImSuck

thats crazy looking wow i want to see that

Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #302
MM1Jeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee-Dan
this doesnt count for jeepin but my Dad and I were out on our boat in the Thames River which is the river that has General Dynamics , Electric Boat, and the Sub base there. We were riding up along side of the base and looking at all the cool Subs they were working on and the sub in the Dry Dock. All of sudden we look ahead and see flashing lights and we stop and then see a Us Naval Boat standing there grounds with a Mounted machine gun on the boat all ready but it was covered but you could tell the odd shape of it. Next they look at us with binocluars and see another boat to our right the same way but this time his gun was not covered. LOL So we got the heck out of there.

General Dynamics and EB is where they put Nukes in the Subs so its very high security wise!

They don't "put nukes in there". There is just a lot of "classified" things about Submarines that they don't want public knowledge. I know this because I commisioned a SSBN in Electric Boat back in 1996.
MM1Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #303
jage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM1Jeeper
They don't "put nukes in there". There is just a lot of "classified" things about Submarines that they don't want public knowledge. I know this because I commisioned a SSBN in Electric Boat back in 1996.
To be fair, just because you don't/didn't know about it doesn't mean it didn't/doesn't happen... Samuel Jackson on Boondocks saying "The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence" keeps running through my head... lol

To get back on Topic a bit, I've seen a rotten moped, the usual appliances, shot up cars and once some kind of installation in the mountains around Tellico. It wasn't a big spooky government installation or anything, it was just at the top end of the gravel roads we were ploinking around on. There was a weird sort of sensation in the air, not really a buzz, but like a super stillness... weird.

I've also had the 9-years old on a dirt bike (bicycle) finding a fully clothed dude and a stone-cold naked chick in the woods. I was too young to really notice much more than she was naked as we went by not more than a foot away from the log they were on.

However, probably the most unusual thing I've found while wheeling is a plaque with a picture and a poem about a guy's truck that rolled into a tree. I guess he sort of left it as a memorial to his truck. It's not that unusual because it is in one of the offroad parks around here but it was still weird to see it and to think that some redneck wrote poetry about his truck and put it in public.
jage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2006, 11:37 AM   #304
justin credible
2012 JK Wrangler 

I was wheeling in the Nevada desert a while ago and come accross this big city way out in the middle of nowhere. A sign said it was "Las Vegas," it had a realy wierd smell of smoke and B.O., it was creepy. We got the hell right out of there when all of our money misteriously dissappered.

Last edited by justin credible; 04-09-2006 at 02:40 PM..
justin credible is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2006, 11:39 AM   #305
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

Was wheelin at Paragon adventure park about 4 years ago, came over a hill and found a dude wiped out on his quad. The trail was chock full of 3inch round maybe 4- inch tall stumps, It was a "fresh" trail, theyve since dozed it smooth (why i have no idea)...anywho he was laid out in the middle of the trail, all f'd up. Said he wasent in much pain but pulled his shirt down and his collar bone was stickin out pretty good. We radio'd in to homebase and they had a flatbed yota come pick him up. That was on him though, cause the park speed limit is 15.

The following summer we came upon a military camp outpost in the middle of the park. It was completely deserted, around dusk, and there must have been maybe 30 or so large tents under all the camo. It really weirded us out bein in the middle of paragon n all, so we got outa there. Asked paragon staff at the staging area and they said the military was having some sort of training operation down there, supposedly 1000 or so troops doin wargames. We didn't see or hear a soul, kinda wierd.
Unread 04-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #306
ONONDAGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Jeep
I came across this:

If you look closely, you can see it from the top in this satellite picture (it's on the south side of the clearing):
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.c...93&Y=23821&W=2

Back in WWI it was part of a TNT factory, but the area blew up and most of the buildings burned.

Great to see Split Rock again! I wheeled there many times and have had b-b gun wars there as a youngster. Drank alot of beer there too. Even walked around the top of it once or twice. As a ff in Taunton years ago, we rescued a drunk teenager stuck at the top. His buddy fell and was really messed up. Go wheeling farther back and you'll come across Lost Lake. I've been stuck in there a time or two also.

Is there still a gate at the entrance of Onondaga Blvd? Man I miss wheeling in Syracuse. Orlando doesn't offer much here at all.
ONONDAGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #307
RockGnar

I was wheeling at the same trails I usually go to, but I found a different one that I had never taken, needless to say...20 minutes later and I'm looking at houses that look like they were hundreds of years old...made of old stone and such, probably some old mining town...didnt see any people either...it was weird, becuase it was dense forest, to old paved road...
RED JEEP MEMBER #355
RockGnar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #308
Peccavi18
2002 TJ Wrangler 

In central pa. In the woods around Snowshoe and Clarence there is a mine that caught fire as well, I don't think it is as big but it's there and still going you can see spots where they filled in holes to the surface with foams and stuff trying to suffocate it. It still smokes but you can't see anything else.
Peccavi18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2006, 12:11 PM   #309
koeingsyj

most resent was a 7in. Lcd monitor out of a car........took it home hooked it up and it worked.
koeingsyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2006, 09:14 AM   #310
ctcjason

Any new stories?
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #4[/COLOR]
ctcjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2006, 01:44 PM   #311
Blthomas
1979 CJ7 

Came across some stuff regarding the history of that town in PA that has the underground fire...

http://www.offroaders.com/album/centralia/centralia.htm

There are some links on that site to other interesting stuff.
Unread 05-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #312
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peccavi18
In central pa. In the woods around Snowshoe and Clarence there is a mine that caught fire as well, I don't think it is as big but it's there and still going you can see spots where they filled in holes to the surface with foams and stuff trying to suffocate it. It still smokes but you can't see anything else.

i know the place your talking about. the fire started inthe 60-70's. ive heard that it may possibly burn for onve a hundred years since coal generates it own O2. kinda cool...i cant remember the name of the old town cent something... ill ask a guy at work he knows...
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM   #313
sreno0207
2011 KK Liberty 

n/m dude above me already got it....lol my bad
sreno0207 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #314
ps3tv
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My co-worker found a semi-recent body one time while doing some back country exploring outside of Las Vegas. He then had the privelege of calling police with his cell phone and spending the rest of his day answering questions.
Unread 05-17-2006, 01:13 PM   #315
got_4_lo

oh the usual shotgun shells, broken beer bottles everywhere.

last time out we found the dirties thongs you've ever seen. I mean this person must have sharted or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTJ
I came home to be spit on and protested against in Boulder, Colorado. Most of the people have no clue. And that's why we do what we do. We give up our freedom so they can enjoy their freedom.
got_4_lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.