Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 209 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #3121
Colockum
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I saw a H3 and a Mercedes-Benz G-Class way back in the woods today. Its opening for hunting and all the yuppies are delicately driving their trophy rigs in the hills and flinching at the slightest bump.

Unread 10-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #3122
Douglas S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colockum View Post
I saw a H3 and a Mercedes-Benz G-Class way back in the woods today. Its opening for hunting and all the yuppies are delicately driving their trophy rigs in the hills and flinching at the slightest bump.
A G-Class is a deceptively tough and capable vehicle.
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:28 PM   #3123
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas S.
A G-Class is a deceptively tough and capable vehicle.
Doesn't stop the yuppy hunters from *****footing around in them. The only people who might wheel them to their potential, given the opportunity, are oil sheiks. They seem to like to play with their G Wagens.
Unread 10-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #3124
bighouts5591
1995 XJ Cherokee 

We watched a Porsche cayenne with rock sliders wheeling at Rausch Creek once
bighouts5591 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM   #3125
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is another one of those "Yuppie" SUVs that are quite capable - with lockers, low range, and height-adjustable suspension, they're designed to run the T2 (prodution class) of the Paris-Dakar Rally right off the showroom floor. I've taken mine all over the place - sand, rocks, etc...

Got some pretty funny looks in the sand dunes at Pismo Beach. With the 450 HP turbo V8, it would throw sand roosts from all 4 tires, and there was nowhere it wouldn't go in the dunes.

Unread 10-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #3126
backyardjeeper
1992 XJ Cherokee 

The Volkswagen Tuareg is another of those incredibly capable suv's. it's got lockers.

Unread 10-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #3127
elcorvino
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 915kingwrangler
couple of stuff ive found include:
caves
local satanists
dead animals, horses, cows, dogs without heads, deer
lots of cars shot up or burned down (mostly stolen)
strange lights in the night around the mountain i go wheeling to
people getting busy
abandoned houses in the middle of nowhere
house in the middle of nowhere with cars all around it and when i mean cars i mean like old 50 sedans with two underground buses located inside the house
and my favorite one of all, old indian ruins in the middle of nowhere, they call it "La Casa de la Bruja" or the witches house creepy as hell too, ill see if i can take some pics this weekend
Rumor has it that the guy that lived in the middle of nowhere was supposedly into bootleggin and had all his cash and liquor stashed inside those buses, the house as we speak is burned down, supposedly the mafia found out about this guy greased his family and burned the house inside with them, creepy place I swear if you go in the night you feel as if someone is watching you or is there with you...thats about it
Note to self: stay the hell out of El Paso Texas.
elcorvino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #3128
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I have seen VW Bugs in some amazing places! They are much more off road capable than you'd think.
x10 and if you get stuck in a rut you can just can pick them up and carry them.....

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #3129
Brainwashed2566
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPond View Post
The Porsche Cayenne Turbo is another one of those "Yuppie" SUVs that are quite capable - with lockers, low range, and height-adjustable suspension, they're designed to run the T2 (prodution class) of the Paris-Dakar Rally right off the showroom floor. I've taken mine all over the place - sand, rocks, etc...

Got some pretty funny looks in the sand dunes at Pismo Beach. With the 450 HP turbo V8, it would throw sand roosts from all 4 tires, and there was nowhere it wouldn't go in the dunes.

That's pretty cool. Can't deny the magic of German engineering. At the Dunes I've been to in Oregon all I ever see is Jeeps, Side by sides, quads and old pickups.
Brainwashed2566 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:58 AM   #3130
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardjeeper View Post
The Volkswagen Tuareg is another of those incredibly capable suv's. it's got lockers.

All the Cayenne is is just a Touareg with a Porsche badge on it (like the Audi Q7)...and the best available engine is in the VDub: V10 turbo diesel
Unread 10-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #3131
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfgangGullich View Post
All the Cayenne is is just a Touareg with a Porsche badge on it (like the Audi Q7)...and the best available engine is in the VDub: V10 turbo diesel
They are built on a shared platform, and although they look similar (the Cayenne & Touareg) they don't actually share the same sheet metal.

Regarding the engine - the V10 turbo diesel is very cool, but the 550 HP Twin-Turbo V8 Cayenne Turbo S is a whole lot of fun to drive.
Unread 10-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #3132
backyardjeeper
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfgangGullich

Really? Didn't know that. Had a customer bring one in one time and I was playing with it out back.
Unread 10-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #3133
kavanji
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Found these on a recent desert trip. the truck is a Ford CMP, made under license in canada for the war effort of WW2.
My brother has a Chevy CMP in running condition, it looks exactly the same. weird pedal config, the accelerator sits in the middle, clutch left and brake right.

White Jeep Club Member #183
kavanji is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #3134
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavanji
Found these on a recent desert trip. the truck is a Ford CMP, made under license in canada for the war effort of WW2.
My brother has a Chevy CMP in running condition, it looks exactly the same. weird pedal config, the accelerator sits in the middle, clutch left and brake right.
That's kind of weird. I'm used to seeing things like that in the woods. Guess you don't have woods in the dez. Have to abandon things somewhere. Haha.
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #3135
backyardjeeper
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like its been there awhile. I wonder if the desert will completely cover it eventually?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.