Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 207 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 08-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #3091
evanjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Take a 44 magnum in dem woods dam lol

evanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #3092
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Creeps is a major understatement!! The day you are tranced and looking upward at the crest of the Assonet Ledge, and hearing whispers in your ears, is the day you wish you'd broughtextra undies on a day hike lol I plan to get my LCC and definetly carry from then on. I refuse to become a statistic.
Kermit97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #3093
Anthony92x
2007 WK 

That was an excellent read. Looking info up now. So glad I randomly dubbed to this thread
Unread 08-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #3094
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit97
here are some pics. [/IMG]
Dude there's a ghost! Lol jk that's cool though. I thought I was bein watched in the woods once then seen black blurs out of the corner of my eye and eventually seen those dark colored coyotes runnin around.
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #3095
evanjeep
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Found a paint ball course and a jk rear plastic bumper and front plastic skid plate. Guess if they were metal they would be worth something lol
evanjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 09:00 PM   #3096
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell420tj View Post
Dude there's a ghost! Lol jk that's cool though. I thought I was bein watched in the woods once then seen black blurs out of the corner of my eye and eventually seen those dark colored coyotes runnin around.
scary dude...I once had a wolf stalk me. My fault, I had beef stew in my pack. In freetown though, there is no knowing who/what is watching you
Kermit97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #3097
Ih8Hondas
1998 XJ Cherokee 

We do most of our Jeeping at night since we're usually busy with other stuff most every day. In some of the places that are further away from roads you sometimes run across suspicious stuff. Places that look like old meth labs, what look like big woods party sites with a bunch of needles and booze containers strewn about. Usually there's burnt tires at those.

I guess we're probably lucky we haven't run across one of these parties while it was going on. I bet it probably would not end peacefully if we did.

And yes we do report these things.

Then there's the typical old cars and such that somehow end up in places that are hard to get to with a Jeep. Kind of sad, really. Sometimes you run across a really cool or rare car that was just dumped there to rust when it should have been restored and in someone's collection.
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #3098
ZTWITT733J
1993 ZJ 

Not mine but my dad was going up a snow and ice covered hill on a dirt road and saw where some one had struggled to make it up. He then saw a truck with a guy next to it. He figure some dumba$$ tryed making up in 2wd and got stuck. He got up to the guy and saw the guy had shot himself with a rifle. Dad called the cops and they took dad in. The guys brother came in and blamed dad for killing him so they checked the prints on the rifle and it was the guys thumb print and you use your thumb to shoot yourself with a rifle. He says it still creeps him out when he goes by the place.
ZTWITT733J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #3099
nmiller015
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit97 View Post
scary dude...I once had a wolf stalk me. My fault, I had beef stew in my pack. In freetown though, there is no knowing who/what is watching you
Sounds pretty creepy dude. I've heard about the forest, and how there are a couple roads you can take a jeep through, but I've never been there or heard about the paranormal stuff. Are these roads still open? Might have to take a trip with some buddies.
Unread 09-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #3100
Mooseoftoose
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ive found random things. An empty toolbox Im guessing was stolen, old cars, a ****ty knife. My favorite was I drove the xj into the local state forest and parked it to do some hiking. I was bushwacking looking for a large pond in the woods I saw on google earth. I had to take a ****, and no more than 5 min later I came across a toilet, upright in the woods. I had TP with me, and obviously pinched one out in the toilet right there!
Mooseoftoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #3101
01bluegrndchrke
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseoftoose
Ive found random things. An empty toolbox Im guessing was stolen, old cars, a ****ty knife. My favorite was I drove the xj into the local state forest and parked it to do some hiking. I was bushwacking looking for a large pond in the woods I saw on google earth. I had to take a ****, and no more than 5 min later I came across a toilet, upright in the woods. I had TP with me, and obviously pinched one out in the toilet right there!
Dude i would of done the same damn thing. When u gotta go u gotta go lol
01bluegrndchrke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #3102
DigitalPhoenix
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseoftoose
Hahahahahaha!!

If it ain't broke, fix it til it is.
DigitalPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #3103
1shotwonder
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Most i've ever found was old rail ties (old maps put a railroad there between 1860 and 1940 (coal) lots of abandoned coal mines, an old... house i guess, that was right aside of this rail road... and a random, flat headed screwdriver... Just on the edge of a trail... The bright yellow handle stood out to me..
1shotwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #3104
scs2016
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shotwonder View Post
Most i've ever found was old rail ties (old maps put a railroad there between 1860 and 1940 (coal) lots of abandoned coal mines, an old... house i guess, that was right aside of this rail road... and a random, flat headed screwdriver... Just on the edge of a trail... The bright yellow handle stood out to me..
When I saw your message, I knew you were going to be from Pennsylvania before I even looked.

Check out these guys for some great photos and stories:
http://www.undergroundminers.com/index.html
scs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #3105
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseoftoose View Post
That's great. Maybe God put it there for you. lol
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.