Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 206 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 08-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #3076
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit97
hey guys, REALLY LONG THREAD!! great tho. I have a story for you. This was my post from Unexplained Mysteries.com, I copied and pasted here. Its one of my experiences in Freetown Forest, one of many. The reason we went there on foot was to see if we could find this place called "The Ice Shack" or some such place, which was used by an infamous satanic serial killer in the area in the 70s-80s, and as legend has it, is nearly un-findable. As is the old girlscout camp...we went looking. Neither of us have a LCC, so we were armed to the teeth with knives. I carry a Mora of Sweden, and Buck 119 special. Just to add, I have in the past had experiences here, and other places too involving paranormal things, but in this place is one of the only times I have been legitimately afraid. This took place on January 4, 2012

Hello everyone, first post here.

I come from Rhode Island, I'm a hiker, out-doorsman, and paranormal enthusiast.

Anyways, on to the juice.

Visited Freetown State Forest today, for the first time on foot. The other times Id been there it was in the Jeep, just cruising the main roads and hitting the mud. I will admit though, all time spent out of the Jeep was a little strange. Not so much so I would worry about it, just odd happenings here and there, as happens in the woods.

I have a friend in Fall River, he and I went there one day to cruise in the 4x4's and when we stopped while talking, we heard a scream/screeching sound from in the woods. Very strange. I thought it was a woman being attacked, but when I went to investigate, utter silence. Not a breath of wind.

Today, we went back after over a year since this last visit.

We hiked the roads and some trails, visited the Ledge, and a few unmarked, unnamed paths and trails in the deeper parts of the forest. A few strange happenings this day...

1. Continuously led back to the Ledge after taking multiple roads and trails in the opposite direction, total 4x back to the ledge.
2. Stumbled across the Wampanoag Powwow meeting grounds (seemed to be anyways) as well as the site of a massive fire that took out their common building. Here is where we heard the same scream as before, just a hop skip + jump from where we heard it last time. There were multiple trails coming from this clearing, we didnt venture down any of them. Oddly enough, we were discussing taking them when we heard the scream. (resembled a war cry, long, sustained howl/scream)
3. While walking some trails (the unmarked variety) I came across the normal prints of animals. Duck, deer, small mammal...And also found broken branches at my eye level. I am 6' tall, these branches were about 1"-1.5" around, all were snapped in the same direction as if they were leaned on while walking. Just a bit weird there.Whatever did it would have to be pretty dang big. These trails seemed to go on and on, we turned back for fear night would fall and we'd still be out there.

In addition to these more memorable moments in the day, we found clothing, children's clothing mind you, strewn about the ground a little ways off the road. Middle school jersey for Fall River. Also, I had the distinct feeling we were being followed/watched. I could have sworn I saw people in the woods...

I have been hiking for years, and usually alone. I am not easily spooked out in the bush, and this place just has a bad vibe. Heed this fellow travelers, don't go in there alone, go with a buddy or group. Not to disparage the park or its users, but every time Ive been in there, close in toe have been some seedy folk, prowling about. I will be posting a video on my youtube channel about what happened today, as well as included footage of some of the areas we visited if anyone is interested. My YouTube channel name is RootBoot22, feel free to check it out once it's up, as well as my other hiking videos.

My friend and I plan to go out there again soon to do more research on the unmarked trails soon, and as always there will be video on my channel.

My Jeep has suddenly shut off and would not start here, I have seen unexplainable phenomena here, been followed here, had visions here, it is not a place I WANT to visit again, rather a place I feel I need to visit again. There are unsung stories in this place. the importance of the Ledge was that it has long been known to be a place where people committed suicides, and were also murdered. Deep inside the Bridgewater Triangle area, ripe with American Indian folklore, stories tell of a young girl known as the Lady of the Ledge who is sometimes seen atop the ledge. While there, I heard children's laughter, voices in the wind, and felt eyes on me the whole time in the forest. Believe me or not, this place has an air of mystery surrounding it, and if you talk to regulars there, they will back me up and likely have stories of their own about this place. All illegal activity aside, this place has history. A sad, horrible painful history. Thank you for reading, and I also have some footage on my youtube channel mentioned above.
Wow, that too cool, where is this exactly

MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:11 AM   #3077
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Its in Freetown, MA or Assonet, MA entrances from both towns. I had been going there to offroad for a while before I knew anything about its history, or the fact that it is riddled with unmarked footpaths and has many stories of disappearances, unsolved rapes/murders, occult presence, not to mention bigfoot and pterodactyls. So we simply HAD to return with the intent to find something cool. What I got was far from cool. Ranging from recurring dreams to hearing voices while I was there, it was quite the experience. If you or anyone else goes there, PLEASE do not go alone. It is really quite easy to get hopelessly lost in this place. The significance of us returning to the ledge so many times lends creedence to the tale of the Lady. She calls you to the place to share in her fate or some such thing. Major native influence in the place. Its supposed to be cursed. Roosevelt is also reported to have seen a UFO hovering above the ledge when he visited, as have many other people. I did not, but I did see figures there, heard war cries, womans screams, children's laughter, and voices in the wind. Not what I expected that day. Like I said I was there to hike, explore, and see if I could find the Ice Shack for the heck of it. I am not a ghost hunter by any means. for more info, you can google search the Freetown Forest, there is also a site about the Bridgewater Triangle and the legends surrounding it stemming from old Native folklore and curses that were put upon the area due to the settlers swindling the land from the natives.
Kermit97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #3078
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So I'm guessing the ledge would be a bad place to camp?? That sounds like a hell of a trip, it would be a good little drive but I think I'm going to have to make it obeday
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #3079
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

dude the ledge is SO beautiful. The water is disgusting and filled with old cars, but the view is unmatched anywhere else in the forest. The ledge is not the place to camp though. I was going to spend the night there until all this stuff happened. I have a video documentary with more details on my youtube, RootBoot22 is my channel. I talk about the day in one vid and also show the Wampanoag pow wow spot we found. That place was creepy. All sorts of trails wandering off in all directions deeper into the woods.
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #3080
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I will check out the video soon, this place sounds cool,
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #3081
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

it really is a cool place, just so happens to be wicked creepy at the same time. Im searching for pictures right now that I took. "pics or it didnt happen" right? haha
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:54 AM   #3082
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

here are some pics. [IMG][/IMG]
Unread 08-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #3083
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Unread 08-10-2012, 11:12 AM   #3084
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that place sounds incredible. I'd love to take a day trip there with my buddies. It's only a couple hours from here in NH
mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #3085
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I googled it, that place is beautiful. I have to go, it'd take some planning, 12-13 hour drive.
Unread 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #3086
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

there are some cool logging roads there, like copicut road, FULL of deep puddles. (I had to build a snorkel on the TJ to ford some of them without worry) also some other spots that are somewhat illegal, meaning you have to cross a private portion to get to them so I hear. Never been, but they are hill climbs and mud pits I guess. I kept to the roads. Its a beautiful place, but its a dangerous place to be sometimes. As soon as you leave the main roads it gets pretty creepy.
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #3087
hester88
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Jeep road trip anyone?
hester88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #3088
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit97
there are some cool logging roads there, like copicut road, FULL of deep puddles. (I had to build a snorkel on the TJ to ford some of them without worry) also some other spots that are somewhat illegal, meaning you have to cross a private portion to get to them so I hear. Never been, but they are hill climbs and mud pits I guess. I kept to the roads. Its a beautiful place, but its a dangerous place to be sometimes. As soon as you leave the main roads it gets pretty creepy.
So is it an old town or something? Do people live out there?
Unread 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #3089
Kermit97
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Freetown and assonet are old towns, but nobody holds a permanent residence inside the forest. I have only gone in on foot once, there are stories about satanic ritual sites and also the ice shack, which was the site of several murders in consecration/sacrifice to satan. I plan to go back soon to do a more in depth investigation, but it is a dangerous venture. It gets dark mighty quick out there, Ive already seen apparitions and people standing by my windows that disappeared into thin air. From what I hear, some people are naturally more receptive to these things, whether they like it or not. I, unfortunately am one of the receptive ones. Not to mention the suspicious activity and prostitution that is sometimes witnessed on the outskirts of the forest. There is a whole story behind the hauntings and the curse, here's a link to one of the sites with some history http://www.masscrossroads.com/bristolfreetown.html

and here is a little more on the Bridgewater Triangle and the legends/curses http://www.hauntedhovel.com/bridgewatertriangle.html

Please note, I knew nothing of all this when I first started having encounters out there. It wasnt until a year or two later I heard anything about the curses, and I have been hiking alone since age 8. Not afraid of the woods, this place is very, very special.
Unread 08-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #3090
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Spooky!!!!! I've gotten the creeps a few times when out hiking but it was usually by myself at dusk in the Yellowstone backcountry.
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.