Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 201 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 05-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #3001
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Pics or lies

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #3002
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites
Pics or lies
Second this hahaha
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #3003
Jam86
2012 JK Wrangler 

I know for a fact there are Emus in central Mo. Id still like to see the pic however.
Jam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #3004
rfigard1
2006 WK 

I'm still looking for the picture. Thought I had it saved to my phone so Im hoping I saved it to my computer.
rfigard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #3005
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam86 View Post
I know for a fact there are Emus in central Mo. Id still like to see the pic however.
They're all over the place in southeast MO.

About 15 years ago people thought there would be a large market for Emu and Ostrich meat but it never materialized. So people mainly raise them for their own table and some hope the market will materialize. They used to be worth A LOT of money but now they're pretty much worthless because no one wants the meat, no one will buy breeding pairs, you need special fencing and they are impossible to catch. And no one will buy the eggs.

We also have Llama's in MO but that's another story. lol
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 07:08 AM   #3006
TanTJ04
2004 TJ Wrangler 

While driving around the state forest roads in northern pa we found a lost beagle. He had been out there for a while it looked like because of being so thin. We gave him water and half a sheetz sub and then took him to a local shelter.

One time up in the mountains we came across a possum with mange really bad when we stopped for lunch. He was trying to attack my tire, I did the humane thing and put it down.

Found this too!
img950769.jpg
2004 TJ X 5spd, 30-Aussie locker and Chromo'd, 44-lsd & disc brakes, 4" Currie lift, Anti-rock, 1.25" bl, UCF 1" skid & Lo-pro mount, AA SYE, JKS MML, ZJ V8 Tierod, JKS Trackbars, smittybuilt winch w/ synthetic line, Caravan fuel injectors, CAI, TB spacer, flowmaster 44 2.5", 35x12.50x15 km2, 7" fenders, uniden cb
TanTJ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #3007
shadowwalker
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I heard a guy here bought a breeding pair of Ostrich back then. He was hauling them home in a cattle trailer. One got currious and stuck his head out of the trailer. SMACK! on a road sign. When the guy got them home and opened the trailer he had one very confused ostrich and one headless one.
shadowwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #3008
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
I heard a guy here bought a breeding pair of Ostrich back then. He was hauling them home in a cattle trailer. One got currious and stuck his head out of the trailer. SMACK! on a road sign. When the guy got them home and opened the trailer he had one very confused ostrich and one headless one.
I imagine the headless one was fairly confused for a very brief moment as well...

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #3009
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
I imagine the headless one was fairly confused for a very brief moment as well...

Unread 05-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #3010
gibz117

Found an old bmw motorcycle today. More than likely stolen.
gibz117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #3011
rfigard1
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorriver

They're all over the place in southeast MO.

About 15 years ago people thought there would be a large market for Emu and Ostrich meat but it never materialized. So people mainly raise them for their own table and some hope the market will materialize. They used to be worth A LOT of money but now they're pretty much worthless because no one wants the meat, no one will buy breeding pairs, you need special fencing and they are impossible to catch. And no one will buy the eggs.

We also have Llama's in MO but that's another story. lol
Lol ok ok what I meant is that you dont see Emu's just wandering around on gravel roads here. By the way, still trying to find the pic
rfigard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #3012
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibz117 View Post
Found an old bmw motorcycle today. More than likely stolen.
You kept it, yes?
Unread 05-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #3013
gibz117

If i had a way to get it home, i probably would have lol.
gibz117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:53 AM   #3014
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Find a way, and take'er home.....or maybe return it to the owner?

Speaking of returning bikes. A Harley washed up recently in B.C............from Japan! Got pulled out during the tsunami and bobbed around the effing Pacific Ocean before washing up on the Canadian coast.

Of course, being a good Canuck......they reunited it with the owner
Unread 05-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #3015
scs2016
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTJ04 View Post
While driving around the state forest roads in northern pa we found a lost beagle. He had been out there for a while it looked like because of being so thin. We gave him water and half a sheetz sub and then took him to a local shelter.

One time up in the mountains we came across a possum with mange really bad when we stopped for lunch. He was trying to attack my tire, I did the humane thing and put it down.

Found this too!
Attachment 398874
That looks like part of PA's mining legacy. Lots of great old stuff outside of Shamokin and elsewhere around the coal region.
scs2016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.