Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 200 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #2986
PaulBreg
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I find ammo all the time. Seems like everywhere I go wheeling. Lol. I have to sign up for photobucket, but the other day I found a bumper grave yard. Had to be at least 25 bumpers just tossed off a dirt road. Illegal dumping is f'ed up.

PaulBreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #2987
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBreg View Post
I find ammo all the time. Seems like everywhere I go wheeling. Lol. I have to sign up for photobucket, but the other day I found a bumper grave yard. Had to be at least 25 bumpers just tossed off a dirt road. Illegal dumping is f'ed up.
Around here, somebody would collect them and take them in for scrap.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 05:46 AM   #2988
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Found one of our cows giving birth while wheeling through the feild yesterday.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #2989
chupathingy901
1999 TJ Wrangler 

One day, me and my buddy were wheeling our jeeps at our favorite spot near Pittsburgh pa. It's a big wooded area with a deep creek and abandoned railroad tracks, under the train bridge in the creek, there's an old 1980 something F 250 riddled with bullet holes, it's been there longer than I can remember, there's barely anything left of it.

But one day we decided to follow the railroad tracks deep into the woods to see where they go. All of the sudden we find an abandoned Neighborhood. Really creepy, all the houses in the middle of nowhere all have caved in except for one that's boarded up. My buddy decided to use a bowling ball that was sitting behind the house (weird?) to break through one of the boards to look inside. Vandalism, I know, we were a couple of dumb kids who just wanted to take a peak inside, well the bowling ball finally went through the board after 10 good throws and we looked in. To our surprise, it was completely furnished. I think someone who owned it died and no one took up the house. Well we went to leav because we heard a noise. We drive down this trail we found to a nearby road and when we get to the end, an old ford pulls in with a confederate flag license plate. Robert e. lee himself (lol) gets out along with a younger guy holding a large knife. We were trapped. There was a cliff to the left and a cliff wall to the right. He ends up asking what were doing and interrogating us and I explained we were just exploring and offloading. He ays he heard banging on the house and we denied knowing anything about it. In the end he angrily sighs and says "Youre lucky suppers on the table.." and let's us go. I came close to s***ting myself haha.

Other than that mostly just fridges, stoves, some cars, a hunter (who was probably pissed we scared away his game, and a ton of beer cans. Good times.
chupathingy901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #2990
chupathingy901
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnguns View Post
Last weekend I found this.

talked to the BLM Ranger and it had been up there for about 2 months. It rolled off an off-camber road into a deep valley. The hardtop or what was left is about 100yrds up the canyon. It has been stripped pretty good. I can say that only the axle housings which are bent, the tranny and engine block are left. every thing else is gone. I would like the tranny but I am not carrying that thing out.
The awesome thing about these pictures is that after rolling down a cliff, the roll cage is still completely intact. Thats amazing! Only in a Jeep!
chupathingy901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #2991
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupathingy901 View Post
One day, me and my buddy were wheeling our jeeps at our favorite spot near Pittsburgh pa. It's a big wooded area with a deep creek and abandoned railroad tracks, under the train bridge in the creek, there's an old 1980 something F 250 riddled with bullet holes, it's been there longer than I can remember, there's barely anything left of it.

But one day we decided to follow the railroad tracks deep into the woods to see where they go. All of the sudden we find an abandoned Neighborhood. Really creepy, all the houses in the middle of nowhere all have caved in except for one that's boarded up. My buddy decided to use a bowling ball that was sitting behind the house (weird?) to break through one of the boards to look inside. Vandalism, I know, we were a couple of dumb kids who just wanted to take a peak inside, well the bowling ball finally went through the board after 10 good throws and we looked in. To our surprise, it was completely furnished. I think someone who owned it died and no one took up the house. Well we went to leav because we heard a noise. We drive down this trail we found to a nearby road and when we get to the end, an old ford pulls in with a confederate flag license plate. Robert e. lee himself (lol) gets out along with a younger guy holding a large knife. We were trapped. There was a cliff to the left and a cliff wall to the right. He ends up asking what were doing and interrogating us and I explained we were just exploring and offloading. He ays he heard banging on the house and we denied knowing anything about it. In the end he angrily sighs and says "Youre lucky suppers on the table.." and let's us go. I came close to s***ting myself haha.

Other than that mostly just fridges, stoves, some cars, a hunter (who was probably pissed we scared away his game, and a ton of beer cans. Good times.
I have always wanted to follow some of the unused rails out in the country to see where they go. I'm pretty sure they just go into the nearby towns but I'd like to find one that goes somewhere like yours. Unfortunately, our tracks, despite being unused branch lines, are still live lines. Don't ask how I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 04:06 AM   #2992
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
I have always wanted to follow some of the unused rails out in the country to see where they go. I'm pretty sure they just go into the nearby towns but I'd like to find one that goes somewhere like yours. Unfortunately, our tracks, despite being unused branch lines, are still live lines. Don't ask how I know.
A rule of thumb, generally, is if the crossbucks (you know, the RR X'ing sign) is still up at a crossing, it's still "live".

I want to know how you know. lol

CSX police catch up to you?
Unread 05-02-2012, 07:07 AM   #2993
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

insert TJ here^

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Vote for the Jurassic July Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #2994
frAnken_rubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

^ Just how a GM vehicle should look like
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/frankin_rubi-tj-build-1140219
frAnken_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #2995
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorRenegade View Post
A rule of thumb, generally, is if the crossbucks (you know, the RR X'ing sign) is still up at a crossing, it's still "live".

I want to know how you know. lol

CSX police catch up to you?
Haha no. Just tried out an old myth on an unused line. Discovered said myth was true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #2996
brnickels
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Back in the early ‘80s I was in a 4 wheel drive club called the “South Florida Mud Runners”. We did a lot of riding the trails out to the west of West Palm Beach. One night we were having a cookout in the swamp and the wife of one of the members walked into camp and told us she and her husband had gotten stuck on the way to the cookout and needed to be pulled out. We all hopped into our vehicles and drove down the trail to see what we could do. After rounding a bend we see a mostly pristine (there was some mud on it) ‘70s era Rolls Royce Silver Shadow high centered on a cypress knee. The person inside was our very inebriated missing club member! He worked for a body shop in town and thought it would be cool to show up in a customer’s Rolls Royce for the cookout. We managed to free the car and, after driving it back to the body shop, spent the rest of the night cleaning the car out so our fellow club member would not lose his job.
brnickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #2997
gsaxe
2007 JK Wrangler 

a running zuki, blocking the trail, at about midnight, all the crap pulled out of the glove box ect and all over the floor and seat, due to where we are our whole crew suspected foul play and began searching the surrounding hills......found the disoriented (read drunk) driver down the trail about 1/2 hour later looking for his house keys

"Seems like alot and I can't say for a fact that it was all needed but that's what happens from reading forums." Jimk403
gsaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #2998
sleezy
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tag for reading
sleezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #2999
MattBillyTayloe
Web Wheeler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Any of these near VA?? I'd love to check this **** out. Amazing stories, Great post!!!
MattBillyTayloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #3000
rfigard1
2006 WK 

I was driving on an old gravel road one day and in the middle of the road was a full grown Emu walking down it. There were no houses around for miles and I live in central Mo so this was pretty uncommon. Took a pic of it bc I knew no one would believe me, lol. When I was finally able to pass it, he ran along side my jeep til I hit about 40 miles an hour. I was cracking up bc my 4 year old son asked me why the big chicken was chasing us
rfigard1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.