Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 198 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 03-23-2012, 08:37 AM   #2956
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

last weekend, a couple of my girl friends and I took the jeeps out for a day-long trail rid. When we stopped to eat lunch in this little clearing kinda off to the side, some us decided we wanted to "explore" a little and see what kind of trouble we could get in to While we were wandering around in the woods, we came across the oldest and creepiest cemetery I've ever seen. It was just sorta in this meadow in the middle of the woods.

The Iron Blueberry- 1976 Ford F100 Ranger XLT

The Thing- 1997 TJ Wrangler (it's a love/hate kinda thing)
wisconsinalex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #2957
PaulBreg
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKrux

camp fock? hahah
Where is this?
PaulBreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #2958
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinalex View Post
last weekend, a couple of my girl friends and I took the jeeps out for a day-long trail rid. When we stopped to eat lunch in this little clearing kinda off to the side, some us decided we wanted to "explore" a little and see what kind of trouble we could get in to While we were wandering around in the woods, we came across the oldest and creepiest cemetery I've ever seen. It was just sorta in this meadow in the middle of the woods.
That's pretty cool. I bet if you poked around a little harder you'd find that you were wheeling thru an abandonned town.
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #2959
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorRenegade View Post
That's pretty cool. I bet if you poked around a little harder you'd find that you were wheeling thru an abandonned town.
oh yeah, no doubt. I plan on going back next weekend to see if we can find more stuff, maybe do some trails and then camp out and adventure.

Unread 03-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #2960
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Where abouts were ya? I wanna search around and see if I can find anything about ghost towns near where you were wheeling. Almost garunteed to be an old coal company town. Probably an old rail line or two as well.

Now I'm all interested, and I need to kill the last 2hrs and 15 minutes of my shift anyways
Unread 03-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #2961
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorRenegade View Post
Where abouts were ya? I wanna search around and see if I can find anything about ghost towns near where you were wheeling. Almost garunteed to be an old coal company town. Probably an old rail line or two as well.

Now I'm all interested, and I need to kill the last 2hrs and 15 minutes of my shift anyways
lol, it was somewhere around Wytheville, VA. Idk the exact place, I wasn't the one leading our little expedition. I'll ask one of the other girls that lead.

I do know there's an old abandoned coal town in GWNF called "Lignite" or something like that, not really any wheeling required to get to that one so I might let my little sister start out on that(wants to be a jeeper like me ), lol.

Unread 03-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #2962
WindsorRenegade
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That's a start! Take some pics for the thread when you head out.

Looking for stuff in the mountains/hills of Va is harder than I thought lol
Sure is some pretty country though.
Unread 03-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #2963
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorRenegade
That's a start! Take some pics for the thread when you head out.

Looking for stuff in the mountains/hills of Va is harder than I thought lol
Sure is some pretty country though.
Will do.

Lol, yeah, a lot of the places I wheel are mostly private property. VA doesn't really have that many Jeep trails, but the ones we do have are always through gorgeous places.

Unread 03-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #2964
XJ-JekL
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinalex View Post
Will do.

Lol, yeah, a lot of the places I wheel are mostly private property. VA doesn't really have that many Jeep trails, but the ones we do have are always through gorgeous places.
My bet is that it is an old civil war era cemetery. My grand father lives in north WV and he was point them out back in the woods everywhere. They just buried them anywhere.
XJ-JekL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #2965
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-JekL View Post
My bet is that it is an old civil war era cemetery. My grand father lives in north WV and he was point them out back in the woods everywhere. They just buried them anywhere.
I'm originally from near Wheeling. Lots's of old civil war era pioneer cemeteries just got overgrown and forgotten about. I know of one where there is a general from the ohio militia buried that's like that.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 10:44 AM   #2966
thatguy383
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There is a cool steam locomotive amound other cool stuff in minersville, PA, right down from Centralia, (the silent hill place which is also worth looking at)
[SOLD XJ Black, 2 door]
76 CJ5 deep project
[QUOTE=Anticanman;13275373]He's right, as soon as you remove the trackbar the fuel rail will arc on the battery, killing you and all the kittens in a ten mile radius.[/QUOTE]
thatguy383 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #2967
crewbed
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Saw a chupacabra
chupacabra.jpg  
crewbed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #2968
Mitchell420tj
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crewbed
Saw a chupacabra
R u sure it had nothing to do with those shrooms u ate? Lmao jk
Mitchell420tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #2969
PaulBreg
2000 TJ Wrangler 

All I ever find is trash
Epic thread
Keep it alive
PaulBreg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #2970
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsinalex

Will do.

Where are you at in VA? There's a bunch of us in the Richmond and surrounding areas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.