Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 196 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #2926
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I was "adventuring" on my friends land a couple of weeks ago(good trails, not too challenging) and came across what looked like a campsite. Like, a tent, fire stuff, etc. Apparently my friend has had some trouble with people coming onto his land(without his permission) and illegally hunting his deer.

The Iron Blueberry- 1976 Ford F100 Ranger XLT

The Thing- 1997 TJ Wrangler (it's a love/hate kinda thing)
wisconsinalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #2927
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

friend of mine found an old musket when he was digging a hole to take a ****.

96 XJ, geared, 8.8, 5", 33s, dash
DoctorTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #2928
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-Tim
friend of mine found an old musket when he was digging a hole to take a ****.
Must have been a terd musket
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #2929
vortechYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
then you should never come out to Nevada and see some of the places people go shoot. shells everywhere. amidst other bits of trash.
Those piles are not left by hunters; hunters do not shoot a ton of shots standing in the same spot unless they are retarded. They are left by folks out target shooting. You are kind of correct about the taking away our rights but what is happening is you will not be allowed to shoot on state land due to the crap left behind.
vortechYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #2930
castorriver
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I was out on my atv running logging roads and caught a couple having sex in their jeep. I just waved and kept on going.
Registered Nurse Jeep Club Member #1 (I think...)

Verse 36: And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
castorriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:46 PM   #2931
robman8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgirvine View Post
I'm going to guess that when the wind blows just right, it goes straight thru the horn and makes a noise like a foghorn. If you were downwind, you would probably be able to hear it for miles.
Im pretty sure thats a microwave horn used to direct energy waves
robman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2012, 11:50 PM   #2932
robman8
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmateo487 View Post

Check this out... We bought this book from this interesting man called.. Something like "50 weird things in the mojave desert" or something like that.

One of them was this megaphone looking thing. Its huge!!! Longer than a grown man, and probably arohnd 1 ton. I don't have the slightest clue what it is. It has huge crosshairs in the center of it between the two cones. We think ites either...

A) at the perfect moment the sun will shine across the valley and cast an X on the mountain... Where a hidden treasure is.

Oorrr

B) the antenna of an alien spaceship buried under the mountain.

It is on top of a mountain, you have to hike to the top of it. You can see how high by looking at the car in the background. Dunno how something tha heavy got up there.

Also in that same valley, we found a pioneer grave with a note under a rock talking about the mother of i think 5 had died and was buried there while trying to cross the desert and getting lost from the trail.

Also, the thorn based plant that is believed to be used for the crown of thorns for Christ's torture is only found over there in the east. But in this desert there is ONE group of these thorn bushes, not found anywhere else in the world.
yup microwave communications horn. Oldschool tech
robman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 12:56 AM   #2933
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Finally finished it over a few weeks time.. Good stories. Gets me wanting to find some old trails around here, which there really isn't though... At least none other than Wellsville and other overly used places. I've seen many old railway beds, but most are now bike/hike trails.

If anyone in the Stark/Tusc/Columbiana county areas know of somewhere like old train beds to cruise, let me know!!

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #2934
vortechYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I came across a guy pulling a 17 ft boat with a pretty nice newer chevy truck on a trail I knew he was not going to get down. I pull up next to him cause he saw me and tried to get out of the way. I told him about the trail and asked where he was going with a boat since I knew the area pretty well. He tells me he is headed to Tomohawk lake. I know very well where this is and in fact had been there earlier that day, anyway I tell him he can go back to the main road and turn right make the first right after that and he would be there we are talking like 5-10 min of driving. He argues with me that I don't know what I'm talking about so I say looks like your the one who is lost good luck. I leave turn down a bunch of trails and such then head out for the day. On the way I see him again this time he tried to run over a tree that was in the trail which is why I knew he couldn't get thru. he was stuck good. I winched the boat backwards and then pulled him out. The funny part was he was like 2 miles past where I told him to turn around had been there all day with no cell service whatsoever.

Sorry Im long winded
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:53 PM   #2935
Supertramp11
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortechYJ View Post
I came across a guy pulling a 17 ft boat with a pretty nice newer chevy truck on a trail I knew he was not going to get down. I pull up next to him cause he saw me and tried to get out of the way. I told him about the trail and asked where he was going with a boat since I knew the area pretty well. He tells me he is headed to Tomohawk lake. I know very well where this is and in fact had been there earlier that day, anyway I tell him he can go back to the main road and turn right make the first right after that and he would be there we are talking like 5-10 min of driving. He argues with me that I don't know what I'm talking about so I say looks like your the one who is lost good luck. I leave turn down a bunch of trails and such then head out for the day. On the way I see him again this time he tried to run over a tree that was in the trail which is why I knew he couldn't get thru. he was stuck good. I winched the boat backwards and then pulled him out. The funny part was he was like 2 miles past where I told him to turn around had been there all day with no cell service whatsoever.

Sorry Im long winded
haha i love that s***
Unread 02-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #2936
cameron2012
2008 JK Wrangler 

First question why the hell is he takin a boat down a trail?
cameron2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #2937
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Wow. What an idiot... Ego got the better of him!
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #2938
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

And karma made a ***** out of him...

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 04:36 AM   #2939
cameron2012
2008 JK Wrangler 

2nd question...why the **** would he attempt to go over a down tree with a boat? What a *******
cameron2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #2940
vortechYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron2012 View Post
2nd question...why the **** would he attempt to go over a down tree with a boat? What a *******
He didn't say much while I was helping him; the only thing I could think of was I had went over the tree earlier so there were tracks and some broken branches. By the time he came to the tree it would have been nearly impossible to back up and turning around was impossible. He kind of didn't have a choice at that point. It was pretty funny my mom who is in her 50's was up for the weekend and she was giving him all kinds of crap in a nice way about being a f!@#ing moran.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.