Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 192 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearUCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, Yu

Unread 01-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #2866
Colockum
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went for a little snow trip and found ERT. He looks so friendly!

Unread 01-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #2867
beefcake3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

a few years ago i was out in Colorado and i was in a valley and i stopped to take a picture of an elk so i was about to take a picture of it when the other side of the valley exploded and i almost **** my pants so i got back in my jeep started haullin *** and turned the corner and saw a sign that said DANGER BLAST ZONE
beefcake3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 09:35 PM   #2868
Roxy02

2004 TJ Wrangler 

^hahahahaha great story
Roxy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #2869
MPond
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake3 View Post
a few years ago i was out in Colorado and i was in a valley and i stopped to take a picture of an elk so i was about to take a picture of it when the other side of the valley exploded and i almost **** my pants so i got back in my jeep started haullin *** and turned the corner and saw a sign that said DANGER BLAST ZONE
Had you passed the "DANGER BLAST ZONE" sign and not noticed it, or had you come in a different route?
Unread 01-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #2870
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

^not jeep related but i was working in a hospital once and walked into an area from some back doors and when i finished what i was doing in their i walked out the front and noticed a huge WARNING BIO HAZARD sign on the door. Ha ha. That's always a comfy feeling!!
Unread 01-13-2012, 05:51 AM   #2871
Jnkstff1021

When i lived in the panhandle of Florida me and my buddy usta go wheeling on the military range and find all kinds of stuff from abandend vehicles, to old airplanes and just misc military hardware.
Jnkstff1021 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #2872
frAnken_rubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Once I took the 4 wheeler through some trails not far from my house and found what looks like an underground 30'X100' barn or shed, only there is no windows or anything to get in, just a single door by one of the apex's that only a person can go through. Last time I went there was, a board loose on the other apex and I was able to shine a flash light but I only saw rafters and nothing else. It is solid and on a foundation so I know it's not something that collapsed. I'll snap some pics next time, but has anyone ever seen one of those or knows what it is? I've been told it could be a moonshine cellar
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/frankin_rubi-tj-build-1140219
frAnken_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #2873
Spuznick242
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frAnken_rubi View Post
Once I took the 4 wheeler through some trails not far from my house and found what looks like an underground 30'X100' barn or shed, only there is no windows or anything to get in, just a single door by one of the apex's that only a person can go through. Last time I went there was, a board loose on the other apex and I was able to shine a flash light but I only saw rafters and nothing else. It is solid and on a foundation so I know it's not something that collapsed. I'll snap some pics next time, but has anyone ever seen one of those or knows what it is? I've been told it could be a moonshine cellar
Might be any old moonshine cellar but if it has a foundation I doubt it, most of those are just thrown together to keep a lowest profile possible and building a foundation isnt that low of a profile...my family use to be in the business but I dont know too much about it but it reminds me of a local building here. Being an old coal mining town an old factory sunk into the ground and is now completely under ground but still intact, like you can go in and find desks and offices still the way they were when the factory was abandoned.
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #2874
cjdavis002
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbeater

i live in SW ohio is Haspen too far away for you?

Haspin Acres | Off-Road & Motocross Park in Laurel, Indiana
Where at in Ohio do you live. I'm goin to haspin this weekend!!
cjdavis002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #2875
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frAnken_rubi View Post
Probably either used by the government/military or else moonshiners/pot growers.....or both. Often times, our government opted to carry out its illegal or contraversial research in less populated, rural areas. Also could have been considered "cold storage" like a food cellar...are there any produce companies or greenhouses in the area?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 10:33 AM   #2876
frAnken_rubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuznick242 View Post
Might be any old moonshine cellar but if it has a foundation I doubt it, most of those are just thrown together to keep a lowest profile possible and building a foundation isnt that low of a profile...my family use to be in the business but I dont know too much about it but it reminds me of a local building here. Being an old coal mining town an old factory sunk into the ground and is now completely under ground but still intact, like you can go in and find desks and offices still the way they were when the factory was abandoned.
The ground is basically rock so the foundation wouldn't have sunk, it's perfectly leveled. The curiousity is killing me though, so I think i'll take a look inside next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallsofstone View Post
Probably either used by the government/military or else moonshiners/pot growers.....or both. Often times, our government opted to carry out its illegal or contraversial research in less populated, rural areas. Also could have been considered "cold storage" like a food cellar...are there any produce companies or greenhouses in the area?
No it's smack dab in the middle of the forest with an old gravel road that is slowly disappearing. But I do like the government story tho.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/frankin_rubi-tj-build-1140219
frAnken_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #2877
jhughes2013
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinIA View Post
Years ago, a buddy and I were driving around some pretty desolate roads in Florida close to the Everglades National Park. It was late at night, pitch black, and we hadn't seen any signs of civilization for almost 30 minutes. Coming around a corner, out of nowhere, we see someone walking on the side of the road. We thought this odd so we pulled over to talk to the person. It was a young girl, couldn't have been a day over 18, walking barefoot in the middle of nowhere. We asked if she was ok, and offered her a ride. She seemed slightly incoherent, but she politely declined a lift. We drove on and several miles later, after starting to rain, we found a crossroads. We determined where we were at on the map, and realizing were still a long way from anything, decided to turn back and ask the young girl again if she needed a ride. Went back to where we thought she would be and couldn't find her. Drove several miles further, still no sign of her. By this time it had started to rain hard, turned around and headed back towards our original destination and still didn't see her. Nothing along this road but trees and swamp, didn't pass any other cars, didn't see any other people, no lights anywhere but our headlights. Went to the closest town (don't remember the name) and called and told the local police. Still wonder to this day what happened to her. Would have thought I was seeing things had my buddy not seen it also.
Think I saw that on an episode of Dexter once. She was innocent, but slightly crazy...
jhughes2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #2878
HitowerInc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Back in high school days, me a buddy and a couple of girls were out riding around in my dad’s CJ one Saturday night. It was probably like 1 or 2 in the morning and we hit the woods and river bottoms. We get back in the middle of nowhere pretty good and decide it looks like a good place to hang out for a while. We are all just hanging out bs’n and off in the woods we notice this faint light. Now were we are there’s not any houses or really any reason to be out there unless your some kids like us. So we decide to creep towards the direction of the light as far as we could with our lights off and park it and start walking towards it. As we are getting closer we can see it’s a lantern hanging on a tree branch and there’s a guy with his back turned to us on his knees kind of crouched over like he is looking at something. Now we being the dumb teenagers we were decided it would be a good idea to sneak up behind him and see what he was doing. We crept up on him super quit, so quit we didn’t make a single noise and got up behind him and he is leaning over a dead clown and has his arm in his hands just chewing away on it like it was the last good piece of ribs left in the world. Now we have some knives and sticks and stuff and we are pretty creeped out so my buddy yells out Hey! The guy just looks at us like everything is normal and kind of motions the arm he is chewing on towards us like he is offering us some. Now we are really freaked out and we say Hey wtf? And the guy just looks at us and says, does this taste funny to you?
HitowerInc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #2879
TxJeeper20
1982 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitowerInc View Post
Back in high school days, me a buddy and a couple of girls were out riding around in my dadís CJ one Saturday night. It was probably like 1 or 2 in the morning and we hit the woods and river bottoms. We get back in the middle of nowhere pretty good and decide it looks like a good place to hang out for a while. We are all just hanging out bsín and off in the woods we notice this faint light. Now were we are thereís not any houses or really any reason to be out there unless your some kids like us. So we decide to creep towards the direction of the light as far as we could with our lights off and park it and start walking towards it. As we are getting closer we can see itís a lantern hanging on a tree branch and thereís a guy with his back turned to us on his knees kind of crouched over like he is looking at something. Now we being the dumb teenagers we were decided it would be a good idea to sneak up behind him and see what he was doing. We crept up on him super quit, so quit we didnít make a single noise and got up behind him and he is leaning over a dead clown and has his arm in his hands just chewing away on it like it was the last good piece of ribs left in the world. Now we have some knives and sticks and stuff and we are pretty creeped out so my buddy yells out Hey! The guy just looks at us like everything is normal and kind of motions the arm he is chewing on towards us like he is offering us some. Now we are really freaked out and we say Hey wtf? And the guy just looks at us and says, does this taste funny to you?
Whatever you were smoking I dont want any
2003 Honda VTX 1300R
2005 Infiniti G35
TxJeeper20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #2880
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frAnken_rubi
This may sound paranoid, but think like a pot grower if you go through the door. They boobytrap everything. There could be something rigged to the door for unauthorized personnel. Take a couple friends. And take pictures.
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.