Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 191 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #2851
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma1701
Reading This thread for 4 days now and just finished. So I just put my story up. Learned a few things. Must carry a winch, tow strap, A come along, Hijack, Fix-a-flat, Flash light, camera and protection when on the trail. I would carry my 40 cal sidearm, I just cant decide what long gun to bring? 223 Ruger Mini 14 or 308 Imbel L1A1? I also think might add a cb as well now, just don't know nuthing about them and there's not alot of room. I Just wish there was some places to find cool stuff in central CA, Besides not knowing anyone around here that wheels. I cant go alone caues with my luck I would fall in one of those open wells and end up being a story here lol.
A hijack can dobble as a Come-along (just to save you some room id leave the come-along at home)

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #2852
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthole

A hijack can dobble as a Come-along (just to save you some room id leave the come-along at home)
Yup my hilift mounts outside on my hood works good too just a little slow. I have used it a few times. When I can I jack a tire up and put rocks under it if I can since if your stuck good your pushing its limits as a winch

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #2853
wisconsinalex
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I found a burned out bulldozer while I was wheeling on my friends property. I asked him about it when I got back and he said he didn't know anything about it(his place used to be a logging camp thingy, so maybe that's where it's from)

The Iron Blueberry- 1976 Ford F100 Ranger XLT

The Thing- 1997 TJ Wrangler (it's a love/hate kinda thing)
wisconsinalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #2854
lostinIA
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Years ago, a buddy and I were driving around some pretty desolate roads in Florida close to the Everglades National Park. It was late at night, pitch black, and we hadn't seen any signs of civilization for almost 30 minutes. Coming around a corner, out of nowhere, we see someone walking on the side of the road. We thought this odd so we pulled over to talk to the person. It was a young girl, couldn't have been a day over 18, walking barefoot in the middle of nowhere. We asked if she was ok, and offered her a ride. She seemed slightly incoherent, but she politely declined a lift. We drove on and several miles later, after starting to rain, we found a crossroads. We determined where we were at on the map, and realizing were still a long way from anything, decided to turn back and ask the young girl again if she needed a ride. Went back to where we thought she would be and couldn't find her. Drove several miles further, still no sign of her. By this time it had started to rain hard, turned around and headed back towards our original destination and still didn't see her. Nothing along this road but trees and swamp, didn't pass any other cars, didn't see any other people, no lights anywhere but our headlights. Went to the closest town (don't remember the name) and called and told the local police. Still wonder to this day what happened to her. Would have thought I was seeing things had my buddy not seen it also.
lostinIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #2855
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKarma1701 View Post
We all heard chanting coming from the road that leads up into the hills. Coming down the hill were about 8 to 12 people wearing the old brown monks robes carrying fire torches. They were not running but coming down the hill at a good speed. I just stood there watching for a while amazed at how they kept there torches at such a even distance. It was very surreal. Needless to say we all got the hell out of there. A few years later my cousin was dating a girl from up mines road on mount Hamilton. She said that she knew personally that there was a Satanist group up there.
Me and some friends came across a satanic group once too. They were doing some kind of chanting junk around a fire. They had all these satanic carvings in the trees and had some kind of triangle thing layed out in the dirt with logs. We booked it out of there too
Unread 12-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #2856
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGrand
Me and some friends came across a satanic group once too. They were doing some kind of chanting junk around a fire. They had all these satanic carvings in the trees and had some kind of triangle thing layed out in the dirt with logs. We booked it out of there too
We have found a bridge (not wheeling) that people burn LIVE goats for the devil it's supposed to be extremely haunted :dono: I didn't see anything but one guy had claw/hand marks on his back after we got back to the jeeps

Lone jeep club member #1

Unread 12-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #2857
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthole View Post
We have found a bridge (not wheeling) that people burn LIVE goats for the devil it's supposed to be extremely haunted :dono: I didn't see anything but one guy had claw/hand marks on his back after we got back to the jeeps
While I don't personally believe in hauntings, I believe fully in demonic powers. There is no doubt that, being a satanic worship ground, there is a demonic exsistance there. If someone comes by they will be harmed by it. It is serious s**t and really dosne't need to be messed with. I had a scratch down my arm too after I encountered them. Not sure how it got there but it hurt for about a day after.
Unread 12-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #2858
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGrand
While I don't personally believe in hauntings, I believe fully in demonic powers. There is no doubt that, being a satanic worship ground, there is a demonic exsistance there. If someone comes by they will be harmed by it. It is serious s**t and really dosne't need to be messed with. I had a scratch down my arm too after I encountered them. Not sure how it got there but it hurt for about a day after.
Well I'm not sure bout it but I don't usually believe it till I see it or something happens. And I didn't even get that weird feeling that you would usually get around that stuff. How ever I'm still on the fence bout it I wanna go back one night and see if something happens and take some pics.

Lone jeep club member #1

Unread 12-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #2859
beefcake3
1998 TJ Wrangler 

A few years ago I came acrosse a old cast iron cooking stove and wood stove few miles down the trail a couger or a mtn lion ran right infront of my jeep
beefcake3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #2860
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Beefcake: Cougars and mountain lions are synonymous. Oh, and Grand Haven rocks! Pronto Pups FTW.

Cant remember if I told this one or not. Some friends and I were camping about 40 miles out of town, and one night while night wheeling near the camp, I blew a front brakeline. Parked the jeep and waited til morning to assess the damage, and some of my friends discovered a stolen and chopped harley on the other side of the ridge we were on, newer model, the frame had been spray painted brown to camouflage it, the Serial # had been ground off, and all parts but the upper triple clamp, a broken headlight, and a BRAKE LINE had been removed. Well, we used the brake line and it bolted right up to the jeep and got me home without issue. That was pretty awesome for me.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #2861
LJman06
2006 LJ Wrangler 

today I found a black bear....well the body of a black bear. the head and legs were chopped off!
Unread 01-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #2862
amatotime
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Driving through some old woods in south Florida in my jeep and I see in the distance an old truck with a shattered windshield and blood all over the hood(at this point I'm loading my 12 gauge) sure enough I get to the truck it ended up being a deer someone hit and just left there along with the truck itself
amatotime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #2863
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatotime View Post
Driving through some old woods in south Florida in my jeep and I see in the distance an old truck with a shattered windshield and blood all over the hood(at this point I'm loading my 12 gauge) sure enough I get to the truck it ended up being a deer someone hit and just left there along with the truck itself
That would have freaked me out! I always have some sort of personal protection with me when I am wheeling. Normally a 9mm.
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #2864
HitowerInc
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, Probably a week to read this entire thread(only get to read it at work)

If you are familiar with East Tennessee at all I'm sure you've seen Elkmont and Cades Cove. Not really wheeling places but we usually take the jeep there.

Cades Cove is a valley in the mountains with a bunch of old farms and churches from the late 1800's i think.

Cades Cove

Elkmont is kind of the same except not as old. It used to be a Vacation town and Walt Disney had a home there. The story i heard is that the railroad that used to haul the vacationers in before there were roads decided that it wasn't worth it and came and took the tracks out with the people still up there. The park claimed it all but some people still lived in there till the early 90's.

Elkmont

Both are cool to look around and see the old things lying around if you can get there when there's not a million people.

Theres lots of old abandoned houses up in the Smokies but unfortunately the park won't let you wheel anywhere up there. Kinda sucks all this cool stuff right outside my door and can't to explore it.
HitowerInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 11:02 AM   #2865
hallsofstone
2000 TJ Wrangler 

^Went on many a motorcycle trip thru that area and saw both places. Cades Cove is really interesting and you can tour the park in your Jeep if you want to, though there is not actually any wheeling that can be done. There is a really remarkable wildlife presence there including herds of deer, quite a few black bears, and so on. Lots of old homesteads, churches, and structures that are historically accurate or orignal. Remarkable area with a really engaging history. Elkmont is pretty cool too, but less interesting to me because it is not nearly as old. Really both places are worth taking the time to visit.

There are a lot of awesome affordable rental cabins in Townsend, TN including one called "Agali Ridge". This is someplace you should take your wife or significant other for a get away. No joke.

If you're looking to really explore some of that area please also head up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Shenandoah's Skyline Parkway. There's the Applachian Trail that snakes through that whole area. Gatlinburg is a tourist hellhole but there are some really awesome artisans that live in the area. Stuff like chainsaw sculpture, luthiers, blacksmithery, pottery and such. Best part of Gatlinburg for me was the Smoky Mountain Brewery there just on the edge of town. Great food...better beer! If all else fails, head over to Deal's Gap for the Tail of the Dragon. 318 curves in 11 miles.

And now back to the strangeness.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
H. L. Mencken - US editor (1880 - 1956)

K.C.C.O. [url]www.thechive.com[/url]
hallsofstone is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.