Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #256
jocww

hey craig let me know when you go up there id love to go look at old trains especially nice old wrecked ones. it would be a cool adventure
Jon

Bay Area wheelers click this link
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Wheelers_...&#entry1565069

TvisXJ Did he just pull a Woo Wong? Chevelle Yea... he just pulled a Woo Wong
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJIceQueen98
Real women don't drive hummers... they give them
jocww is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 02:30 PM   #257
Maximummud

I got one. I wasnt wheeling, but me and my dad were at our hunting land in Albamare (spelling) N.C. There is a thicket of woods about 25 acres probally, then a field of about 10 acres, and a patch of trees in the middle of the wide open field. Me and my dad drove to the patch of trees, and found alot of arrow heads, and then found some rocks sticking out of the ground that had something like indian writing on them. So my guess is, along time ago, a bunch of indians died here and thier people buried them? it was kinda cool. and i kept some of the arros heads....

[COLOR="Red"]I AM IN MAJOR NEED OF SOME FREE FENDER FLARES FOR MY 90 YJ! PM ME IF YOU GOT SOME![/COLOR]
Maximummud is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #258
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocww
hey craig let me know when you go up there id love to go look at old trains especially nice old wrecked ones. it would be a cool adventure
Jon
Will do. It'll be fun!
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #259
yjing

my sitings

4wd school bus at jones beach! guy had like 5 kids... crazy!!!

Out on Long Island, been wheeling somewhere real illegal... found a bunch of old cars shotup and rusted...

Suzuki Samurai with a snapped axle...

Ram Charger...

Can't remeber what kind of car this was...

Being on long island... with no where to wheel, this is by far the best discovery yet...

[COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #360[/COLOR]
yjing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2006, 01:50 AM   #260
Bosman96
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Back in 1996, somewhere around Pheonix, near Martinez canyon there were some cowboys setup in the middle of the desert. They had a wooden corral that looked fairly recent and they had a 5th-Wheel that I still wonder how they got it back there.
Full Floating D44 rear w/Detroit and Disk Brakes
4:1 T-Case Reduction / SYE / Belly Up Skid Plate
Bosman96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2006, 11:16 AM   #261
stjjames
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wow killer thread !!
weve found your normal assortment of crap, trashed out rigs, sofas, shelters, etc.
I came across like a small community of abandoned houses near a lake, way out. didnt look that old, but gave me the creeps. there was a clearing with abunch of rotted out 5 ton truck. Also not wheeling related, but up over near Astoria on the Washington side is a ship with a good portion up out of the water, I've always wanted to go exploring, but Im always with my girlfriend & the bum shacks & human scat dont inspire her unarmed confidence. Ive found all kinds of weird abandoned buildings while Kayaking, old ships just rotting away, moored at abandoned ports. Sunk ships just under the surface. I need a wing man & a side arm to go exploring these place, alas the two seldom fall in line . . . I love old ship yards though.
Unread 03-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #262
Marauderk
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just last week we found a Camaro out in the middle of noware that must have been stolen and left there still had the window sticker in it and the keys in the ignition. Was in amazing shape as it was left windows up under a large group of trees. we reported it when we got back out but i don't think they will ever find it inless we lead them to it. 1989 model
Marauderk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #263
grandman97
Web Wheeler

go back there and get yerself a camaro!!!!!
grandman97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #264
stjjames
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ahhh yeah, we were out bushwacking & found where a commune used to be at the base of Mt. St Helens. We later found their trash dump, found part scattered about of some sorta 30's vintage car, I scored a bunch of 70's era soda & beer cans. The old type with the sticky peel off lids, we found a bunch of other stuff too that slips my mind . . .
Unread 03-04-2006, 06:02 PM   #265
Andrew F
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I was with some friends in the desert north of Phoenix (Table Mesa Road). It wasn’t while I was off roading, in fact, this was a couple years before I got my license. We went out to play paintball and found an old house at the bottom of a hill. It was pretty cool. No roof, two windows, two doors, and a fire place. It was probably about 500 sq. ft. The house sat right at the intersection of two smaller roads and had a clearing in front of it. It was really an awesome set up to play paintball. The west side of the house, going up the hill was thick bushes and trees. That side was hard to climb up, but made for great cover. The east side of the hill was extremely steep, almost vertical in some areas.

It was an awesome day until my friend and I where trying to flank the guys in the house so we went far to the west up the hill and started to come back towards the house to move in from the top of the hill. We where about 50 feet from where the hill started to descend down to the house. At this point there really was no cover and we were out in the open. My friend on the opposite team started up the hill towards us so we ran for the only tree there was to hide behind. We got behind the tree and my friend started to approach it. Unfortunately, the tree wasn’t very big so my teammate and I had to crouch behind it and I was crouching right on top of a cactus. I knew that but my friend did not. When the opposite team member began to shoot at us he pushed me down onto the cactus, causing a needle to break off in my butt. Right at that point my teammate got shot, so I raised my gun and prepared to fire, all the while holding in jumping up and down from a cactus needle just being jammed into my butt. To continue my misfortune, right at that point, I also ran out of CO2, so I couldn’t shoot back. So I gave up and limped my way down the hill back to the vehicles to get a pair of pliers to pull the needle out. It was fun.

At another place I was paintballing at in a river bed, me and my frends found a car buried in sand. I really can't figure out how it got out there, but it was. The hood and trunk were buried, but the cab was still exposed. It made for a pretty decent bunker because it had no windows in it and was fairly well protected because of the angle it was sitting at in the ground.
Andrew
4.88, Lock Right F/R
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #347[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by Andrew F; 03-04-2006 at 11:01 PM..
Andrew F is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2006, 01:49 AM   #266
Bosman96
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There's a place we used to go to in high school in a small town west of Des Moines where there was four or five abandoned houses in some woods off the road. They were really creepy though, because they were, like, 2/3 scale, almost like they were built for midg..ahem... little people. I asked my boss who has lived around the area for a while if he knew anything about them, and he thought they had something to do with the coal mining that used to go on in the area. The houses have since been demolished due to urban spawl.
Full Floating D44 rear w/Detroit and Disk Brakes
4:1 T-Case Reduction / SYE / Belly Up Skid Plate
Bosman96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #267
Jeepdrivinmid
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I love readin these, they are so awesome
Unread 03-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #268
Pottymouth
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Location: 30 minutes south of Baghdad....oops....I mean Detroit.
This was insane. One day, I ended up getting off of the highway and apparently got lost. The trail I ended up on beat the living crap out of me and gave the ultimate test to my TJ's suspension. I was having a blast bouncing all over the place when I came across a bunch of abandoned buildings. Let me rephrase that, I mean a lot of abandoned buildings. I thought that was strange so I fired up the trust GPS system to check my coordinates only to realize that I was in Detroit and had only driven over a bunch of potholes.
10" Kicker Compvx Subwoofer
350W Kicker Amp
A big back seat for some fun with the lady friends
Pottymouth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2006, 05:14 PM   #269
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

lol he make teh funnay ^^^^^^ *bump*
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #270
txjeepn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjjames
Wow killer thread !!
weve found your normal assortment of crap, trashed out rigs, sofas, shelters, etc.
I came across like a small community of abandoned houses near a lake, way out. didnt look that old, but gave me the creeps. there was a clearing with abunch of rotted out 5 ton truck. Also not wheeling related, but up over near Astoria on the Washington side is a ship with a good portion up out of the water, I've always wanted to go exploring, but Im always with my girlfriend & the bum shacks & human scat dont inspire her unarmed confidence. Ive found all kinds of weird abandoned buildings while Kayaking, old ships just rotting away, moored at abandoned ports. Sunk ships just under the surface. I need a wing man & a side arm to go exploring these place, alas the two seldom fall in line . . . I love old ship yards though.
Ya there are alot of interesting things near astoria. I grew up there, and one time while out by Camp Rilea we came across there training village it was a town block long of buildings with empty .223 blank casings all over the place.
txjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.