Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 179 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-28-2011, 07:28 PM   #2671
JkE
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great thread. The only stuff I've ever really found was a bath tub and an old 1980's tv satellite in a clearing off an abandoned road. My dad told me there used to be a house there but you couldn't see anything left of it. And in Southern Indiana its not really unusual but I've come accross a few meth labs.

JkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #2672
thorondor1979

Omg finally read through all of that epic thread. Top bad I don't have any stories to. Contribute ( I live in NYC always been in a city going to change that one day)
thorondor1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #2673
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

Ill have to go back with a camera when its not raining but me and some friends were out riding dirtbikes and came across a dilapidated brick building on the side of a wide path that cuts straight through the woods. Turns out the path, which is overgrown like crazy, is actually the service path for the old Mobile Water supply pipeline, and the building is one of the pumping stations. It had large 2' diameter pipes running into it, but the inside was filled in with dirt and debris. After looking through some maps and a GPS it looks like it continues straight to the water works station that is only about 3 miles away. Pretty cool place

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #2674
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Several years ago we where floating down the devils river in Texas. One of the places we camped we found a huge cave. Naturally we had to check it out. This cave was pretty big. Big enough to park 25 -30 busses. The first thing we noticed was the soot black ceiling. After that as started searching the place for indian artifacts. We found lots of flint, some nice arrowheads, spear points, a flint knife, scrapers, and a few leather working tools.
A few years later while rounding up cows for one of our neighbors. we found an old idian campground. In this one we found a huge flat rock (about 60-70 across) covered with about 30 smooth wall holes ranging in size and depth. One of the older guys that was with use explained that the indians used those holes to grind there grains in to flour.
Last year I was working around Ozona Texas and I found fossilized sea shell about 1' across. While I was in that same area I was driving down a dirt road and there was two pickups blocking the road. I pulled up to them and they told me that they where about to do some blasting and I couldn't go any further until they where done.
Unread 08-06-2011, 02:41 AM   #2675
Gngrbwmn

A few years back my hubby and I went camping on this old mountain where my stepdad use to hunt and found a small motorcycle grave yard. A few bikes looked old a few not so old. The place was in the middle of no where. We loaded our stuff and left just in case it was like that movie Wrong Turn.
Gngrbwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 02:48 AM   #2676
Gngrbwmn

Oh I forgot to tell you on the same mountain as the motorcycle graveyard my sister and uncle found a dead woman in her van that had been pushed down the mountain side. Shortly after they arrested her husband from Florida for murdering her.
Gngrbwmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 02:39 PM   #2677
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

crazy
silbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #2678
ChicagoRod
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was exploring around Copper Harbor area in the UP of MI last summer. Hwy 41 begins there and there are some two tracks that take you up to 10 miles north of that before you run out of land. I ran across this camp called Club Superior so I hopped out just to take a look. The door was open and there was only a screen door separating me from the inside. I yelled but no one answered. I took a quick picture through an open window and was on my way.
Later that night, at the bar by my camp ground, I explained to the locals what I saw. "You went in and signed the log book right?" they asked. Apparently, the place is open to hikers and explorers and all are welcome to hang out, spend the night or whatever. I want to go back!
us-41.jpg   club-superior.jpg   club-superior-inside.jpg  

It's the Jeepforum, you WILL understand or someone will help you!

Does your gas tank overflow at the pump? [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/have-fuel-spill-problems-like-many-us-submit-complaint-force-recall-974337/"]SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE! [/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]New to the JeepForum? First TJ/LJ? Click here.[/URL]

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jeep-Wrangler-LJ-Unlimited/238153862870221"]
FaceBook Page for LJ Owners[/URL]
ChicagoRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 05:36 PM   #2679
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile_Homie View Post
I went with a group to a known crash site, in 1967 a military transport crashed into Mt Tobin at about 9,000 ft.

And reminders that nine men died up there...

I hope you didn't take any of that stuff. Good way to get your stuff haunted.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #2680
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

lol
silbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2011, 05:57 AM   #2681
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRod View Post
I was exploring around Copper Harbor area in the UP of MI last summer. Hwy 41 begins there and there are some two tracks that take you up to 10 miles north of that before you run out of land. I ran across this camp called Club Superior so I hopped out just to take a look. The door was open and there was only a screen door separating me from the inside. I yelled but no one answered. I took a quick picture through an open window and was on my way.
Later that night, at the bar by my camp ground, I explained to the locals what I saw. "You went in and signed the log book right?" they asked. Apparently, the place is open to hikers and explorers and all are welcome to hang out, spend the night or whatever. I want to go back!
It's pretty awesome up there! I have a similar picture of that sign from back in the Fall of 2007. We went up and rode all those roads way up there in my Jeep too!

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #2682
DME
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Not wheeling, but since this is sort of "urban" exploration-related, I figured I'd post this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65209056@N05/

JJ Rogers Pulp and Paper Mill ruins in AuSable Forks, NY. Jeep content: I drove my TJ there to the gates as far as I could and walked in.
DME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #2683
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Found a YJ that fell (or perhaps pushed?) off a cliff in Nevada. We know it was originally at the top of the cliff because a friend climbed up part of the cliff and found parts of the jeep way up there that never made it all the way down. Went back there a year or so later, and it was all gone accept for a few small pieces.

Unread 08-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #2684
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

and another one, this time while hiking in Malibu CA. I don't think you could even get a jeep up here, the path is just to narrow with a drop-off on either side. I figure the car was air-lifed out there some time ago for a movie set or something, and just left there. I've heard people out there off in the distance before filming (probalby ameature films) so I know it's a known place to shoot movies.

Unread 08-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #2685
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

and one more, I like to go visit this one to photograph it, been there several times (hiking) in Malibu CA again. I like this one because it's obviously been there for a long time, but it's not shot up or sprayed up with spray paint.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.