Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 174 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #2596
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOExFROMxNY View Post
Man, that was whack. I will never get those three minutes of my life back that it took to read that.
sucks to be you now doesn't it?

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #2597
redfox86

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksman1941 View Post
Lol, I'll admit they weren't found wheeling. We go to rendeszvous, which are essentially a bunch of crazy people who get together, pretend it's sometime before 1840, and go shoot ****. No modern stuff, traditional muzzleloaders, buckskin clothing, etc. Might sound dumb, but it's about the best getaway from you life you can have in my opinion.
My girlfriend's family has been doing this for years and last summer I got to go along to a fairly small event, but it was such a blast. Sleeping in period correct canvas tents, muzzleloaders, tomahawk throwing contests, sitting around the campfire out in the woods, sausage gravy and eggs from a big cast iron skillet, mmmm. You really see and experience how life was 150+ years ago and how much fun you can have without TV, internet, cellphones etc.

I can totally see a group of unfamiliar wheelers hitting a clearing at the end of a trail stumble upon a rendezvous and seriously think for a second they've traveled back in time haha

The GF got me a muzzleloader kit for christmas and her dad and I are putting it together for this summer
l---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3086854

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a chain of convenience stores, not a government agency.
redfox86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #2598
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox86 View Post
My girlfriend's family has been doing this for years and last summer I got to go along to a fairly small event, but it was such a blast. Sleeping in period correct canvas tents, muzzleloaders, tomahawk throwing contests, sitting around the campfire out in the woods, sausage gravy and eggs from a big cast iron skillet, mmmm. You really see and experience how life was 150+ years ago and how much fun you can have without TV, internet, cellphones etc.

I can totally see a group of unfamiliar wheelers hitting a clearing at the end of a trail stumble upon a rendezvous and seriously think for a second they've traveled back in time haha

The GF got me a muzzleloader kit for christmas and her dad and I are putting it together for this summer
i shall try this...

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #2599
YamahaDrtRdr
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Couple summers ago in Keystone, CO we went up Keystone Gultch Rd. We found a couple old mining shacks around the south bowl of the resort. In the distance you can see Breck.

Unread 03-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #2600
lgreve
1977 CJ7 

bump for more stories
CHRISTIAN JEEPER #230
lgreve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #2601
99goldxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaDrtRdr View Post
Hello new desktop picture.

"but yeah i guess if i did it all over, i would have hit her."

[QUOTE=99XJBeast;11291646]its running like a raped ape on steroids.[/QUOTE]

1999 XJ. 235 Big O AT's. Clear bumper and side markers. 6.5 inch speakers in rear. Soon to be all LED bulbs (need turn signal flasher and led bulbs and gauge lights).
99goldxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #2602
cstiles
2001 WJ 

.i have ran into so much i cant remember.old trucks.moonshine sills. Etc but the Trails are disapearing here.city expanding.country disapearing.thumbs down im a country boy.ended up in another county one day on a trail lol.now bull dozers are on it.there's some left but not anywhere compared to before
cstiles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2011, 06:20 AM   #2603
WagoneerCraig
1989 FSJ Wagoneer 

Tagged
WagoneerCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #2604
nottusyeroc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Found I jet ski. In the middle of the woods. That was a lot of fun
nottusyeroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:01 AM   #2605
auburnhunter
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post

^^^^^Those are F-4's

That "unknown plane" Actually looks more like a T-38C Trainer used by the Air Force

(EDIT: Sorry I quoted the wrong Post. Yes. Those Pictured are F-4 Phantoms. My dad co-piloted on one, i think in Vietnam IIRC.)

I ment to quote this post:
The sole plane in the center photo is an F-101 Voodoo, the one laying on its side is an A-4 Skyhawk, probably a TA-4 judging by the paint scheme. I am a former charter pilot from the southeast and used to find from really neat stuff from the air, mark it on my planes GPS, and then go find it later. I joined the army kinda late in life after the economy went to **** and right now I'm stuck in Korea flying for the Army. I have found a lot of things over the years. I will have to think of some good ones to post to this forum. Great thread.
auburnhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2011, 05:06 PM   #2606
Raven_Rage
1995 XJ Cherokee 

for more stories?
Raven_Rage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM   #2607
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

^ for real. this thread cant die!!!
Unread 04-01-2011, 05:16 AM   #2608
MCrock
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaDrtRdr View Post
Couple summers ago in Keystone, CO we went up Keystone Gultch Rd. We found a couple old mining shacks around the south bowl of the resort. In the distance you can see Breck.

Mine shafts are not "unusual" Especially in Colorado. Most 4x4 trails were originally to get to the mines.
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:35 AM   #2609
Kaotic55
1955 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrock View Post
Mine shafts are not "unusual" Especially in Colorado. Most 4x4 trails were originally to get to the mines.
Thats for dam sure!! TONS of them here
Kaotic55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #2610
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i saw a guy do number 2 against a tree, then take off his shirt to wipe himself. he started walking away and put the shirt back on...

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.