Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 154 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Huge Soft top SaleNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #2296
wl07
2005 LJ Wrangler 

out wheeling and came across an open area for parking and there was a gun safe laying there and looked broken into. My buddy ran over opened it up and it was filled with Sex toys mostly ones still in new packages, but some not, gross. someone must of robbed it from the house and thought they got a bunch of guns. what a suprise they got.

wl07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #2297
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hahhaha that must have been so funny^^^
mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #2298
The Golden One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Urban exploration has got me spooked lately. I used to do it a lot. I came up on an abandoned cold war era military base (a decent sized one). It had multiple barracks, a movie theatre, and many many other structures. I went back in there a few times, both in the night and day, just to explore. The last time though, there were fresh trenches dug everywhere extending out from many of the buildings, and there were fresh tire tracks in the tall grass. While on foot, approaching a building, I thought I heard footsteps in the grass. I motioned to my friend to stop and listen. I then heard a loud metallic click about 50 yards off in a patch of trees/ foliage. In my mind it sounded like a gun being charged into battery. I took off about as fast I have ever moved in my life and literally dove back into my topless jeep. My friend, however, didnt take off like me. He just froze there, and didnt know I was gone until he heard the jeep start 50 yards away (probably <10 seconds after I took off, lol).

I dont know if scrappers were digging for copper power lines, or if someone was running some kind of illegal operation out there. In any event, I have never gone back, nor have I done any more exploration of abandoned properties.

Where at in MI? PM me if you'd like.
I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.
The Golden One is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 10:14 PM   #2299
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
wow that's crazy. you really think it was people digging for copper?
Most likely. The buildings with the trenches dug near them were buildings that required large amounts of power (elevators, welders, etc) so Id imagine they had some decent cable running to them.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #2300
Chelsea
The clocks ticking, pops.

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Grand Traverse County (Williamsburg to be exact).
That's about an hour and ten minutes from me.

2005 WK Limited, 5.7 hemi, QDii, aFe intake, Magnaflow exhaust, Taylor shorties, Diablosport tuned

1999 XJ Sport, trail rig, lots of goodies
Chelsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #2301
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Most likely. The buildings with the trenches dug near them were buildings that required large amounts of power (elevators, welders, etc) so Id imagine they had some decent cable running to them.
good theory. i would be so tempted to arm up for defense purposes, bring a few buddies and go back and check it out.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #2302
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
good theory. i would be so tempted to arm up for defense purposes, bring a few buddies and go back and check it out.
id go out there after a few days or so. if the people are gone it sounds like a great place for paintball/ capture the flag/ whatever else
Unread 07-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #2303
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Congratulations DunmerBoy as the October Cherokee Of The Month!!!
chris87xj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #2304
krushnasty
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i was driving an MRAP in iraq and hit a camel, it was sweet!
Unread 07-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #2305
SunDevilJeeper
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krushnasty View Post
i was driving an MRAP in iraq and hit a camel, it was sweet!
hahahaha! nice...

Still not enough power.
SunDevilJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #2306
PaapNator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee33s1991 View Post
i once found a bunch of abandoned houses off of the american tobacco trail in green level nc. they looked really nice and expensive and were just in the middle of nowere, no roads or anything leading to them. they seem to be built in the 70s judging by the style of the house. i also want to go back to chernobyl and wheel there because it is really cool and you are sure to find cool things in and around the exclusion zone.
Obviously 'going back' is not the case, or you would have known that there is no way you are going to be allowed or even get the chance to wheel there....
PaapNator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2010, 07:46 PM   #2307
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaapNator View Post
Obviously 'going back' is not the case, or you would have known that there is no way you are going to be allowed or even get the chance to wheel there....
I know people. I can get him in. And his Jeep. If he is serious. But it will cost some real $$$$$.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #2308
PaapNator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdavetj View Post
I know people. I can get him in. And his Jeep. If he is serious. But it will cost some real $$$$$.

Things have changed my friend. Bribing is a story of the past there. Besides; there still is military patrolling the town and there are multiple checkpoints. Mind you; all of the guards are armed with either a pistol or fully automatics.

Even if you'd get in, for one there wouldn't be any good trails; and secondly you would set off a lot of radioactive dust by going off route. Trust me - you don't want that.

Sorry for this serious tone here by the way! I've been reading this thread with joy and am quite jealous of the stuff you guys find. Too bad I live in Europe and there are pretty much 0 rednecks here, and in my country people would never dump anything in the woods.. Even abandoned stuff gets floored immediately. The only place I've been to for some urban exploring is the Pripyat/Chernobyl. It kinda ticks me off when I hear entirely unplausible stories from people for some reason, no clue why Hope this explains..
PaapNator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:08 PM   #2309
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Subject change - first and last request. Move along.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #2310
drexelsteve
2013 JK Wrangler 

Found these while exploring the Francis Marion Forrest near charleston sc. All pretty creepy. If you look really closely you can see the words "don't drink" on the third pic. That same day I also around a hundred or so wild turkeys and an armadillo, which were odd since I hadn't seen either in the 4 years I've lived here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.