Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 02-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #211
xyz123
Super Senior Member

an old man asleep behind the wheel of an abandoned car..turns out he was deer hunting; that was his "stand"; it was pretty funny after we found out he wasn't dead..

More along the MIB and ghost stories lines...

there is a place in the foothills of the Ozarks mountains called "the lights"; Its a lookout into a valley, with a creek (or small river, depending on rainfall) at the bottom; at certain times of the year, you can look down and see lights on the opposite side of the valley; to lights like headlights, but lights like dim lanterns or glowing gas pockets; the oddity is..that they move rapidly, from one side of the valley to the other, up and down the valley; nobody has ever been able to explain what they really are..I've seen them a few times..definitely something..I couldn't guess what though...

a long time ago, we tried to investigate them; the water was low, so a couple of guys went down in jeeps with CBs and Q-Beams; they would shine the Q-Beams up so we could see their position; we would give them a direction to go..everytime they would get a little close..the glow would move..

If you ever meet anyone from Dover, Arkansas, ask them about "the Dover Lights"..

no page 9 either..

xyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #212
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_tarbox

If you ever meet anyone from Dover, Arkansas, ask them about "the Dover Lights"..

no page 9 either..
Dude, I'm about to go there right now.
[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
00xj54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2006, 02:13 AM   #213
xyz123
Super Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xj54
Dude, I'm about to go there right now.
Ask someone to take you up there; it's been a few years since I've seen any lights, but you never know; If you don't have a way up, drop me an e-mail when you get into town; either I'll take you, or have someone run you up there..

t_tarbox@nukeworker.com

Tim
Unread 02-12-2006, 03:32 AM   #214
drummerwookie

i just got page 9 to load........

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2006, 10:29 PM   #215
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Buuump Bumpity
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:13 PM   #216
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwookie
i just got page 9 to load........
my forum settings show 40 posts a page and I'm only up to page 6, reguardless all pages can load.
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:47 PM   #217
johnWJ

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ4oh
Yeah thats the only thing I found weird about it... Aside from that though, I can beleive it.. Theres a natural spring in the mountains of NC thats called the bottomless pit, I guess they've tried to find the bottom with no such luck.
Any idea where this is around? might be kinda fun to go exploring one day
Unread 02-12-2006, 11:56 PM   #218
xyz123
Super Senior Member

Big Brother called in a "cleaner" to take care the issues with page 9; it is now sanitized and ready for viewing; I think it contained the receipe for Soylent Green.
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:03 PM   #219
grandman97
Web Wheeler

good post....someone was looking for it and there have got to be more good stories... back to the top
grandman97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:07 PM   #220
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

ya more stories..............I dont have any cool finds except for a clapped out dirtbike with a blown motor........
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #221
blumeeny

...just the usual, amateur devil worship; a few instances of 'trailhead'

Last edited by blumeeny; 02-16-2006 at 11:51 PM..
blumeeny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #222
jeepnguns

Last weekend I found this.

talked to the BLM Ranger and it had been up there for about 2 months. It rolled off an off-camber road into a deep valley. The hardtop or what was left is about 100yrds up the canyon. It has been stripped pretty good. I can say that only the axle housings which are bent, the tranny and engine block are left. every thing else is gone. I would like the tranny but I am not carrying that thing out.
Dana 44s Detroits w/ 5.89s
38" Swamper SX
Lots of other random things and dents
jeepnguns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2006, 11:42 PM   #223
bobjp

If there were any way to get a truck down there, I'd be pulling the engine and tranny for sure if I were near there.
bobjp is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #224
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sahara
Any idea where this is around? might be kinda fun to go exploring one day
Uhh.... I dont remember right off the top of my head, but I heard about it in Lake Lure, so possibly somewhere around that general area. If I can remember ill let ya know, it was a while ago.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2006, 09:25 AM   #225
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xj54
There are two springs in FL that I know of Blue spring and Ginny spring, both 50 degrees in the middle of summer in middle florida. They haven't found the bottom of them yet, but if you take the time to certify you can cave dive them. I was down there so long with a double tank that I had to decompress twice before surfacing. They don't go straight down but more down a couple of hundred feet then out
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.