Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 147 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 04-28-2010, 09:57 AM   #2191
cherokee33s1991
1996 XJ Cherokee 

i once found a bunch of abandoned houses off of the american tobacco trail in green level nc. they looked really nice and expensive and were just in the middle of nowere, no roads or anything leading to them. they seem to be built in the 70s judging by the style of the house. i also want to go back to chernobyl and wheel there because it is really cool and you are sure to find cool things in and around the exclusion zone.

cherokee33s1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #2192
MJDriver

1993 YJ Wrangler 

The only problem with wheeling near Chernobyl would be the HUGE amounts of radioactivity, everywhere but the road. Look for Elena Filitova's website - KIDDofSPEED - GHOST TOWN - Chernobyl Pictures - Kidofspeed - Elena - way cool. She lives outside the exclusion zone, and gives lots of info.

This wasn't wheeling, but there is an abandoned hospital in Downey, CA. I was poking around there taking pictures, thinking it was pretty cool. The Marines decided to use it for urban combat and rescue training, and in a basement morgue found an old cooler full of body parts. It wasn't foul play, just left overs. It made the papers. Way creepy.
MJDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #2193
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurban View Post
ME FREAKIN TOO!!

Lets plan a trip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangluh View Post
But these guys are trespassing on Area 51 and could have reached out and touched the UFO's, man but I hear ya, I was just making the point that it seems like a lot of the stories were really similar in their content and in how fictitious they sounded. Entertaining for sure though

I'm going to school at Clemson in the fall and I know a couple people up there that know about some somewhat spooky spots. 'Round here it's just plain boring. If those fall through, I'm going to find some of my own in the mountains a little farther up. I want to get freaked out
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Fun View Post
If you like finding abandoned places, check out Urban Exploration Resource: Welcome to the Urban Exploration Resource!
It's a really cool site of people that have gone to out of the way places.

Anyone interested in exploring in the upstate of SC let me know. I am a full member on UER and FWIW there is an abandoned Asylum in Columbia SC. So if you want to wheel and explore lemme know.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #2194
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Folks - this thread is for unusual things found when WHEELING - please refrain from the stories that are bordering on trespassing.

Urban Exploration is borderline trespassing, and it needs to stop being discussed here.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #2195
aurban
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen View Post
aurban should come up with the AUrban Exploration Resource!
bahahahahhahh!! I so should!!

think anyone would join?

[QUOTE=theAuthority;7932250]You're just jealous you're not red[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=90SaharaJeep;815022]Friends don't let friends drive automatic Jeeps[/QUOTE]
aurban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #2196
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Found several pounds of yellow morel mushrooms right beside the trail at Redbird SRA last weekend.
Nothing like mushroom hunting out the window of the jeep!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #2197
EvilM0nkey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee33s1991 View Post
i also want to go back to chernobyl and wheel there because it is really cool and you are sure to find cool things in and around the exclusion zone.
I want to do this too
Unread 04-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #2198
BigRed52
1996 ZJ 

Went wheeling in the mountains behind my house the other day and found a full on abandoned sport court... I have no idea who would build a sport court back there, and it's nowhere near a house or a road, just 50 feet off the trail. The fence has been torn off 2 of the sides, and a couple of the basketball hoops are knocked down but there's a good section of court and a hoop still up. It was eerie stumbling on that in the middle of the night.
Utah JeepCrew #17
BigRed52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 12:16 PM   #2199
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
Folks - this thread is for unusual things found when WHEELING - please refrain from the stories that are bordering on trespassing.

Urban Exploration is borderline trespassing, and it needs to stop being discussed here.
Isn't unusual stuff found while wheeling tresspassing as well? As soon as you go off that trail, you are tresspassing because all you asked permission for is use of the trail.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #2200
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

Good argument to stay on the trail - wheeling in National Forest lands helps this temendously.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #2201
Mossyoakglock

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurban View Post
So i found another abandoned property today. Its a hugeee brick house sittin on nine acres of beautiful tennessee hills. The house gorgeous, in ground pool. The bank took this house and went on auction for $150k when the house is worth about $500k.
I have TONS of pictures. Ill post tom!!

Aurban, how do you find all of the properties? Where is that house located at?

I'm in Nashville so I'm probably not far from it at all.
Mossyoakglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #2202
jtpaintball70

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post

There's not really a borderline about it. In most cases it's out-and-out trespassing.

NREMT-I/85
89 K1500
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:05 PM   #2203
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

To try and help this thread continue without the risk of locking due to "illegal" activity if anyone has any questions about UE or RE (rual exploration, such as ghost towns of the west, etc) Please PM me. I hope this will resolve all problems in this thread.

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #2204
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

found an entire snake skin yesterday while wheeling. must have been a good 4 feet long, the head was still intact with the eyes and everything, it was crazy. noticed it while spotting my friends s10 crawl up a steep rockface.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #2205
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia4x4in View Post
found an entire snake skin yesterday while wheeling. must have been a good 4 feet long, the head was still intact with the eyes and everything, it was crazy. noticed it while spotting my friends s10 crawl up a steep rockface.
found one of those in my house one time

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.