Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #181
Adam Chase

http://ludb.clui.org/
you guys should check this out might give some answers to some of your questions or ive u some ideas lol.. i dunno just thought id share it.

Adam Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #182
jeepinandy
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Chase
http://ludb.clui.org/
you guys should check this out might give some answers to some of your questions or ive u some ideas lol.. i dunno just thought id share it.
Very interesting, thanks for the link

[url]www.cardomain.com/ride/529567[/url]
jeepinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2006, 12:50 AM   #183
TJ-Tera
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Off the freeway by my house the exit either goes into the city (left) or to the right to this big white gate. It has a sign that says there is no trespassing and armed security guards. To the left and right of the road before you get to the gate there are makeshift off-road areas. Not OHV parks, but people have been going there for years creating trails, ruts, paths etc. So awhile ago I decided to go back to the area on the left. This time I went up to the top of this really big hill and it overlooked the area behind the white gate. It looks like some sort of compound with a bunch of white trucks. There are about 15 buildings, armed guards, and all the windows of the buildings are tinted black. I got curious so I took out the bioculars I keep in my trunk. I tried getting a better view but nothing to see. None of the vehicles had plates, there were no people on the grounds, and it was just plain eerie.

So I got bored and started to head back to the freeway, and when I got to this flat plateau section (still up pretty high) an orange Huey chopper was hovering above me. It was totally motionless; I got out to scope it out with the binocs again and it took off fast. Flash forward a few weeks...even though there are not any "no trespassing" signs I decided to go back. This time a deep ditch had been dug to the left and right of the road, with the dirt piled high to make a bank behind it. Obviously somebody didn't want me there. So of course I didn't learn my lesson and ventured over it. I was pretty impressed my stock suspension TJ handled it with no problem. I go back up top and use the binocs again. This time I see two guards with full autos and binoculars looking up at me from the complex. I wisely decide to leave when they run towards one of the white trucks. I got away without being harassed, but when I drove by again another few weeks later, they had created 3 ditches and 3 dirt-banks. I just laughed thinking "why don't those *****es just pop for a fence?" Still don't know what is back there though...
Unread 01-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #184
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle
Nah, that's where the Jersey Devil hangs out.
No, this is where the Jersey Devil hangs out.

pict0490.jpg

pict0499.jpg

http://www.weirdnj.com/stories/_unexplained04.asp
[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
00xj54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #185
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I have deleted this reply because it is not valid any more and so forth.
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!

Last edited by CraigAllen; 08-11-2006 at 05:50 AM..
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #186
DreamsOfMoab
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00xj54
Thats pretty weird... did you ever get a sample of the water and see if algae ever grew in it like the journalist did??? I think it would be interesting to see
Colorado Jeeper #10

Made famous by:
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274006

Feel free to resurrect that thread at any time :)
DreamsOfMoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #187
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

ok. so it's a little weird. but seriously, "rumored to be bottomless"? someone didn't pay attention in 3rd grade science class.

lj
Unread 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #188
Brandon11130

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenone
Off the freeway by my house the exit either goes into the city (left) or to the right to this big white gate. It has a sign that says there is no trespassing and armed security guards. To the left and right of the road before you get to the gate there are makeshift off-road areas. Not OHV parks, but people have been going there for years creating trails, ruts, paths etc. So awhile ago I decided to go back to the area on the left. This time I went up to the top of this really big hill and it overlooked the area behind the white gate. It looks like some sort of compound with a bunch of white trucks. There are about 15 buildings, armed guards, and all the windows of the buildings are tinted black. I got curious so I took out the bioculars I keep in my trunk. I tried getting a better view but nothing to see. None of the vehicles had plates, there were no people on the grounds, and it was just plain eerie.

So I got bored and started to head back to the freeway, and when I got to this flat plateau section (still up pretty high) an orange Huey chopper was hovering above me. It was totally motionless; I got out to scope it out with the binocs again and it took off fast. Flash forward a few weeks...even though there are not any "no trespassing" signs I decided to go back. This time a deep ditch had been dug to the left and right of the road, with the dirt piled high to make a bank behind it. Obviously somebody didn't want me there. So of course I didn't learn my lesson and ventured over it. I was pretty impressed my stock suspension TJ handled it with no problem. I go back up top and use the binocs again. This time I see two guards with full autos and binoculars looking up at me from the complex. I wisely decide to leave when they run towards one of the white trucks. I got away without being harassed, but when I drove by again another few weeks later, they had created 3 ditches and 3 dirt-banks. I just laughed thinking "why don't those *****es just pop for a fence?" Still don't know what is back there though...
dude thats freaky, google earth it, where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capengoggles
Came across this little shrine while wheeling in the Jim Thorpe, PA area. It kind of freaked us out because it was in out in the middle of nowhere.
yea there is tons of weird stuff in jim thorpe

[SIZE="1"] We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood ‘til it rains down from the skies.[/SIZE]

Last edited by Brandon11130; 02-06-2006 at 09:18 PM..
Brandon11130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #189
grandman97
Web Wheeler

Quote:
damn man i just sat here and read like every story that website had on it, now my eyes hurt, i started reading more than an hour ago... i love that stuff
grandman97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2006, 10:38 PM   #190
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandman97
damn man i just sat here and read like every story that website had on it, now my eyes hurt, i started reading more than an hour ago... i love that stuff
Unfortunatly most of that stuff is to far away from me. Blue Hole is the only close one.
[B]|15" Canyon Crawlers | 30x9.5 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos | [Lifted (2" Teraflex Spacers | 2.5" RE AAL | Edlebrocks IAS)| K&N Homebrew Intake | Flow Master 70 |Clear Corners/Side Markers| Class III Hidden Hitch | C4x4 Fronts Tow Hooks | JKS Discos | Surco Safari Rack | Hella 500s |
Unread 02-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #191
creature
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJeeper
ok. so it's a little weird. but seriously, "rumored to be bottomless"? someone didn't pay attention in 3rd grade science class.

lj
yeah, if it's so bottomless, why did his dads friend break his neck diving in head first?
Unread 02-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #192
XJ4oh
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature
yeah, if it's so bottomless, why did his dads friend break his neck diving in head first?
Yeah thats the only thing I found weird about it... Aside from that though, I can beleive it.. Theres a natural spring in the mountains of NC thats called the bottomless pit, I guess they've tried to find the bottom with no such luck.

Also in New Mexico in the Carlsbad Caverns they have a bottomless pit. That thing was crazy.. they had some huge spot lights shinning down in it, and you couldnt see ANYTHING. They were huge bright lights too.. just cave walls and an empty void.
Baja Aux. Lighting.
Green Jeep Club #185, Nowhere to Wheel Jeep Club member #1
'04 WJ - Columbia Edition - 4.7HO 2WD
XJ4oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #193
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Here's a look at the difference in the water.

The left is the Blue Hole Water and the right is the Inskip Creek (or Egg Harbor) water that is a few feet away from it.

pict0481.jpg
Unread 02-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #194
00xj54
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature
The Jersey Devil broke his neck Chuck Norris style.
Unread 02-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #195
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen
Pics of the find I started this thread with (I was back in that area again last Saturday):

I don't know if posting these pictures was such a good idea. They now know who you are and where you live if there is a problem.
Patton is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.