Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-02-2010, 02:08 AM   #1891
el_pedro
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen View Post
Must be Tesla-based ... I saw something like that in the Philadelphia Experiment.
you saw nothing.... lol

el_pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:29 AM   #1892
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by colojeepguy View Post
Back in the dark ages (late 70's) when I was a kid, we took a trip over Imogene Pass, which runs between Telluride & Ouray CO. At the top, which is over 13,000 ft. above sea level, stands the ruins of Fort Peabody. It was built by the Colorado National Guard during a miners strike in 1904, and was used to keep union miners from crossing Imogene Pass into Telluride (basically the state troops were in the pocket on the mine owners). Anyway, my dad & i were exploring this ruin when we came upon an old board with someone's name & the date carved into it. The amazing thing was, he had the same last name as us (we have an unusual last name) and the date was the same! We were there 75 years to the day from when he was! Normally I don't condone taking things from historical sites, but we cut that board out & took it home-my dad still has it.
Cool story!

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 11:43 AM   #1893
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Didnt happen to me, but a freind of mine was up in duluth over the weekend, and was takeing a ride through this little gully, and stumbled onto their old boat salvage yard. Said that most the boast were gone, but he found one large ancor, and afew 0dds and ends. Were planing a summer trip to see if we can find cool stuff without snow.
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #1894
Ron_K
1991 YJ Wrangler 

wow!
3 days, 127 pages & multiple links later, I am here lol

Only found 1 body when I was a young, a friend and myself rode our bicycles down to the boat dock not far from our homes.
I was about 8 I believe.
The large black man was hung up by his pant leg on some barbed wire, that crossed a small inlet next to the boat ramp.
I will never forget the color of his lip weird grey hue and his eyes were gone, they said the fish ate them?
He was really bloated, pants & no shirt.
He had went out 2 nights before with 2 mexican helpers to run trot lines, before a storm front came through.
He was known to not have been able to swim.
None of them ever came back, we found him the other 2 guys were never found.

Besides that youthful experience..
I have only Been to Carlsbad Caverns, Natural Bridge Caverns and the usual, would love to explore caves/ mines.
Used to do Big Bend with the Family also.

Found the usual stuff, burned out vehics. on our land, land burnt by copper thieves burning copper.
Found a few rigs stuck on some old trails we used to run yrs ago.
Occasional Rolled Jeep, helped upright and go on.
Train track bridges leading out over water going to know where, on friends properties.
Biggest gripe is people wheeling throwing trash on the trails.
Next is being out wheeling w/o and idea of what to bring do or how to act when they are on the trail, such as how to properly winch
yourself out with a come along or highlift.
No straps, No tools, no way to fix a flat much less a spare or jack to change it.

Had to pull out a brand new F350 getting stuck on some ruts, then again burying themselves in the first low lying wash trying to cross.
if they would have just listened and back out the way i showed them, they would have been fine.
There was about 6 people best I could count, drinking and really oblivious to reality.
Alcohol + Idiot + New off the lot 4x4Dually F350 on street tires= PIMA
but entertaining..

I will come back and edit some stuff tomorrow need to recoup from the last few days reading...
91 YJ, rear body armor with rock rails and TJ filler conversion. LED Tail lights. 33 x 15.50 x 15 SS TSL SX's on black steelies. Home made Bumpers and swing out tire carrier. MileMarker H9000 Winch, H/T & Bikini Top, full doors & half doors. ~RIP~ C.D.K. 11-11-08 (miss you baby)
NTM 1989 XJ 2 Door Cherokee Sport, I6/auto/Swingout carrier, Custom Stereo system that makes my heart skip a beat.. IT'S My New DD and da^% happy to say I finally own one ;)
Ron_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #1895
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_K View Post
wow!
...................................... F350 ........

yep i see the problem there
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #1896
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

We were ridin on a buddy's property one evening. When we stopped to take a break for a little while we shut the lights and engine off on the rhino. We sat there a little while then we noticed some noise comin from a litle ways off. Sounded kinda like a couple people stumblin around with some kind of animal. We start sneekin around tryin to find whoever it is with out being seen and we finaly get close to this clearing and we see a light and hear moaning and giggeling. My buddy turns on the flash light and shines at the noise. Some gal screams and runs. Leaving her boyfreind tied to the front of an atv with the dog... "Stuck to him". we just laughed and left.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

"This place is like a fine drug.

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Join [url]http://www.nightcrew.org/index.php[/url]
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #1897
Geister

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingcrow View Post
We were ridin on a buddy's property one evening. When we stopped to take a break for a little while we shut the lights and engine off on the rhino. We sat there a little while then we noticed some noise comin from a litle ways off. Sounded kinda like a couple people stumblin around with some kind of animal. We start sneekin around tryin to find whoever it is with out being seen and we finaly get close to this clearing and we see a light and hear moaning and giggeling. My buddy turns on the flash light and shines at the noise. Some gal screams and runs. Leaving her boyfreind tied to the front of an atv with the dog... "Stuck to him". we just laughed and left.
lol that sucks i hope she didnt leave him there.
Unread 03-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #1898
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

We didn't bother to go back and check. Theye were pretty far from any road or house so we're pretty sure she had to go back to get her clothes and the atv.

[SIZE="3"][B][COLOR="Red"]"Give Life" Donate a pint of blood.[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

It's easy to start, hard to quit, you lose sleep over it, you lose money because of it, and you put up with alot of **** from some people associated with it. But no matter what you never wanna give it up."

Can't sleep?
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #1899
bones342
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Some gal screams and runs. Leaving her boyfreind tied to the front of an atv with the dog... "Stuck to him". we just laughed and left.
So your saying the dog was boneing the guy ?
Thats some weird stuff rite there remind me not to wheel alone in kentuckey.
bones342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #1900
Ron_K
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones342 View Post
no kidding
91 YJ, rear body armor with rock rails and TJ filler conversion. LED Tail lights. 33 x 15.50 x 15 SS TSL SX's on black steelies. Home made Bumpers and swing out tire carrier. MileMarker H9000 Winch, H/T & Bikini Top, full doors & half doors. ~RIP~ C.D.K. 11-11-08 (miss you baby)
NTM 1989 XJ 2 Door Cherokee Sport, I6/auto/Swingout carrier, Custom Stereo system that makes my heart skip a beat.. IT'S My New DD and da^% happy to say I finally own one ;)
Ron_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #1901
MC_NickP
1998 TJ Wrangler 

more pics! it is awesome seeing what is possible to find on trails.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #178

build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...4/#post9499802
MC_NickP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #1902
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #1903
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones342 View Post
Yes that is what the dog was doing. No it wasn't Ky. We were in souther indiana.

Can't sleep?
Unread 03-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #1904
wfcxleatherneck
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yes that is what the dog was doing. No it wasn't Ky. We were in souther indiana.
OOOOHHHH....... So does that mean that the guy was boneing the dog then?
wfcxleatherneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #1905
Nightwalker
1979 CJ5 

The dog was on top the guy. He was tiea face down.

Can't sleep?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.