Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 125 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #1861
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

okk now this is just turning to to bs, DRUGGE

jeeplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 05:57 PM   #1862
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

yeah this thread is dieing. it was good while it lasted but people have pretty much ran out of stories
mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:17 AM   #1863
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen View Post
Well, it's probably not that unusual (especially since it was the reason I went out looking for it), but just to bump the thread:

Another of my hobbies has been exploring abandoned railroad grades, so several years ago I was wheeling near Medicine Lake in northern California and came across old rotten crossties on an old abandoned logging railroad grade - they stretched for miles and had become part of the landscape with trees growing between them in places. And in southern Oregon 'bout ten miles northeast of Klamath Falls, this still stands, as it were:

my ex-girlfriends dad was telling me a story a while back that he came across an old wooden railroad bridge here in southern pennsylvania while out wheeling... they crossed it with their jeeps... sounded kinda sketchy to me
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #1864
91Fun
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Holy Hell! It took me a week and a half between work and home to read all 125 pages. This is by far the most awesome thread I've ever read. I live in Georgia, where the only thing you seem to find are angry rednecks and random animals. I have found rusted out cars and yummy old mattresses, a few homeless camps here and there. One time I did find an old miniature golf course off of Duluth Hwy (Hwy 120) behind a carwash. I had to use the XJ to go behind the 'wash and go across the "greens" to get to the main building. Nothing of great interest, just old, dilapidated buildings. It was fun for all of 5 seconds.
My family in Tennessee used to own over 300 acres of land (guessing) before my great uncle passed away and we used to go riding around on the land in his late 70's Suburban when I was kid. I remember one time we went out and found this old cottage out the middle of the woods. I believe it had a hole for what used to be the well maybe 20ft away from the house. It had almost collapsed all the way to the ground. I remember my family not ever knowing about it. On the same property I found a couple of old steel traps that had been left there a loooong time ago. I know someone said they dont' work when they're rusty. I'm here to say that is total BS. When I brought them back, one of the guys opened one of them up and put his shoe in it. It still did the job pretty damn well. It tore his shoe almost all the way in half!

That's all I have for now. I recently lifted the XJ last year and now I'm fixing all the other thing's wrong with it, so I'm definitely looking forward to finding a lot of wierd stuff. Keep this thread going!
91Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #1865
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

The thread may be dying, but you gotta give it some time. Once people get out wheelin and see things or have things happen, they will post. I have faith that this thread will continue...eventually....
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:11 PM   #1866
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
The thread may be dying, but you gotta give it some time. Once people get out wheelin and see things or have things happen, they will post. I have faith that this thread will continue...eventually....
x2

i havent had a whole lot of time or money this winter so when summer comes around i hope to have more stories
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:12 PM   #1867
silbotta

summer time there will be more stories,
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #1868
toplessanddirty
1992 YJ Wrangler 

There's this dirt road about a mile from me that some guy got murdered on about 5 years ago. I decided to drive down it Monday... There's a house back there now but the NYS Police notice is still up on a tree I'm guessing where the crime scene was. It was getting dark and I left but I'm gonna go back soon and check it out.

That's all I have.
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #1869
chicagoniner
1998 ZJ 

Nice juicy condom.

[SIZE="3"][CENTER][B]Looking for Custom Drums? Check out [URL="www.splitnaildrums.com"]SPLIT NAIL DRUMS[/URL][/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]
chicagoniner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #1870
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

take pics of the house and crime scene !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 06:49 AM   #1871
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #1872
toplessanddirty
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeeps85 View Post
take pics of the house and crime scene !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaha, i will. the house was built after it happened though. and plus i doubt there's anything there since it happened a few years ago.

i will though.
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #1873
Longoddr1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Where to start

Wheeling on an old two track and found an abandoned willys 4x4 pickup stuck in an old mud hole. Left it and drove on. Was up in the woods and came across this old geezer and he held me at gunpoint and made me split firewood. Was offroading and road a trail right down the middle of a crashed F6F hellcat airplane. Another trail ride rode thru what was left of a B-17 airplane crash. Both had crashed in storms during WW2. Was wheeling an old logging road and followed a riverbed into a canyon and found a small abandoned town in the canyon. Followed the overgrown trail from the town and it ended at a river crossing across from a country road. Figured it must have been an old logging camp. Was up in the middle of nowhere wheeling and noticed the trail I was on was pretty packed and torn up. Kept following it and came into a clearing that had about 20 volkswagens in different states of disassembly. Figured they were stolen and being stripped so I got out of there real quick.
Longoddr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #1874
jeepdavetj
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longoddr1 View Post
Wheeling on an old two track and found an abandoned willys 4x4 pickup stuck in an old mud hole. Left it and drove on. Was up in the woods and came across this old geezer and he held me at gunpoint and made me split firewood. Was offroading and road a trail right down the middle of a crashed F6F hellcat airplane. Another trail ride rode thru what was left of a B-17 airplane crash. Both had crashed in storms during WW2. Was wheeling an old logging road and followed a riverbed into a canyon and found a small abandoned town in the canyon. Followed the overgrown trail from the town and it ended at a river crossing across from a country road. Figured it must have been an old logging camp. Was up in the middle of nowhere wheeling and noticed the trail I was on was pretty packed and torn up. Kept following it and came into a clearing that had about 20 volkswagens in different states of disassembly. Figured they were stolen and being stripped so I got out of there real quick.

My eyes hurt now. Um, what?

[B][I]Ash from Army of Darkness[/I][/B][QUOTE]Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?[/QUOTE]
jeepdavetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #1875
jeeplesjeeper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longoddr1 View Post
a little bit of babling but i get it hehe
jeeplesjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.