Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 124 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #1846
toplessanddirty
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstewart View Post
so not wheeling or even near any woods but still kinda freaky...I'm driving home from work and i go right past a reservoir....no boat allowed and its mostly frozen....in the middle what looked like a boat with a high beam light on it looking into the water...very freaky there is no real access and no houses on it...anyone from northvale norwood or westwood nj youll know what im talking about
Probably looking for a dead body. Yum, drink that tap water up! lol.

Unread 02-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #1847
p-saurus
2001 XJ Cherokee 

We sometimes find old Titan 2 missile silos that have been decommissioned while exploring in the mountains South of Tucson. They always have fences with Jeep sized holes in them and "do not enter" signs.
p-saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #1848
QuadraBeast
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-saurus View Post
We sometimes find old Titan 2 missile silos that have been decommissioned while exploring in the mountains South of Tucson. They always have fences with Jeep sized holes in them and "do not enter" signs.
I wish we had cool military finds like that around here
QuadraBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #1849
KeeptheJeep
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcxleatherneck View Post
My first time hunting with freinds ( when we all turned 20 we went without our dads) we went up to right around lindstrom/clam falls Wisconsin. We went to this shooting range called South fork gun club that we normally do alot of shooting at. We decided to go their and get our rifles zeroed. I had brought my 45 aswell because the local bars get rather skecthy to say the least. We were the only ones there, and while we were helping a buddy who has never shot a muzle load before measure out GP we heard a kid scream. I grabed my 870, and started to run towards the voice with my freinds. We got back to this stream that flows kinda pathectically through the woods, and came across a little black child, and two older (20-30) white guys with the whole white power get up and tatts. They were litterally kicking the crap outa the kid. I asked the guys what the f*** the were doing. The turned and told us we could join in on cleaning up america. At that time my buddy raised his shotgun and told the guy to back up, and get on the ground. He walked towards my freind, and we all followed suite and raised our weapons. They guy persisted, and drew a knife from his boot. I fired a shot in the air, and told the guy one more step buddy, and you'll be sucking on hitler burning in hell. He laughed and lundge at my freind. My freind fired 3 shots, and the guy disapeared. Both the guys had vanished. The small boy looked at us with tears in his eyes, and just said "thank you", and walked into the woods. My freind followed, but turned back saying once he got into the treeline the kid was gone. Myself, and one other freind stayed there while my other freinds ran back to the trucks to call the police. Cops came, and told us that they wanted to give us brethalizers. Once they found we were all sober they told us that some time ago a group of skinheads camped the land there, and they had killed a black woman leaveing her two children to roam the woods.

I still get the chills when I go shooting there, and I still kinda feel sick seeing that. I never knew what true hate really looked like untill that day. A lady that lives really close by had a photo of the police bust that had taken place durning the murder, and said they never found the children, or 1 of the skin heads. My freind that the skin had lundge at still kinda is upset. He said he didnt know what he was fireing at, but the fact that he had fired at something that looked human to him made him feel weird.
That's freaky.
KeeptheJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #1850
silbotta

bump
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:19 PM   #1851
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Near Blyte where my family and friends have been camping and hunting for years my cousins and I found a old fridge stuffed with sheep bones and flesh. Mostly decomposed, didnt smell rank or anything, just weird and creeped us out when we found it
MurdaJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #1852
RustyRenegade
1980 CJ5 

A group of friends and I went to Devils Den in Arkansas last July 4th. After a few hours of wheeling we headed back to the campsite and on the small trail leading up from camp there was a man walking with a gun. I'm here to tell ya, that guy looked straight out of Deliverance! He had a long gray beard, no teeth, a trench coat, and a chrome benelli(sp) shotgun. Needless to say I was freaked out but we pulled up to him and bs'd for a while. Turns out he was a nice guy that was just sighting in another gun he had on his back. Funniest part was seeing the reaction of my friends wife who hates guns and loves Obama. I asked her if she wished we had a gun and she couldn't nod fast enough I have a firearm everytime we go now.
RustyRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #1853
ionakana
Grand Poobah

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I seen an H2 once.

http://www.oddhammer.com/tutorials/d...debt_clock.swf

Live in Georgia? click here--> http://georgiacrawlers.com/
ionakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #1854
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I seen an H2 once.
hahah lies! I call BS
mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 03:42 PM   #1855
CraigAllen
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionakana View Post
I seen an H2 once.
I must admit, I've never seen a Hummer of ANY variety in the woods. Or even on a dirt road. That's definitely an unusual sighting!
96XJ Sport 4.0 Auto CommandTrac, Chrys. 8.25, 1-3/4" BB, WARN HS9500 winch, WARN Body Armor front & rear bumpers, tire carrier, rock sliders and transfer case skid plate. 30x9.5 BFG Mud-Terrain T/A's. As of March 10, 2011, there are 205K miles on the clock and she's still good and strong!
CraigAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #1856
RedHotChiliDog
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I was wheeling just south of Roswell, New Mexico when I ran into a downed UFO with a bunch of dead ET's laying around. What was cool was that the UFO still worked so I was able to fly it around until the USAF shot me down...
RedHotChiliDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #1857
silbotta

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Unread 02-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #1858
Mediarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAllen View Post
I must admit, I've never seen a Hummer of ANY variety in the woods. Or even on a dirt road. That's definitely an unusual sighting!
Damn GPS probably turned them around. My GPS had me driving through a golf course... musta been interesting to see a Jeep on the green!

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #1859
whitie_08
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
Damn GPS probably turned them around. My GPS had me driving through a golf course... musta been interesting to see a Jeep on the green!
nice, i got in trouble for snowboarding on a golf course a few weekends ago...
Unread 02-11-2010, 07:36 AM   #1860
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRUGGE View Post
I was wheeling just south of Roswell, New Mexico when I ran into a downed UFO with a bunch of dead ET's laying around. What was cool was that the UFO still worked so I was able to fly it around until the USAF shot me down...
Yea, they tried to trade me for my Jeep after I yanked them out so I pulled out old Betsy and wrecked everyone in sight.

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.