Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 120 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #1786
getoffmyland
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
Back to the abandoned zoo..there one here in NW Jersey..used to be called Jungle Habitat if I remember right.
Correct, been there as a kid but don't remember it. When it closed the neighbor got a big road sign with directions on it. this was about 25 years ago

getoffmyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #1787
CalebXJ123
1980 CJ5 

bump for stories
Unread 01-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #1788
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

found a large rotting pile of stilborn calfs at one clock in the morning last summer. very disturbing and disgusting
Unread 01-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #1789
mitchconley
1999 XJ Cherokee 

bump 10char
mitchconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #1790
burton58
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
Back to the abandoned zoo..there one here in NW Jersey..used to be called Jungle Habitat if I remember right
i live 5 min from jungle habitat and goes wheeling on the outskirts of the park all the time. its now a public park and used as hiking trails
93 XJ, ~5", longarmed, 35" BFG's, stock gas tank skid, Skidrow transfer case skid, JCR stage 2 sliders, TNT stiffeners, TNT otk steering, SYE, durango steering box w/ MORE brace and C-Rok plate. To be installed - D44 w/ Teraflex disks getting Aussie locked front and rear with 4.88's
burton58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #1791
JimNut
1986 CJ7 

A couple weekends ago me and a few buddies were up wheeling in northern michigan and somehow found our way into a military base on the 2 tracks. This was our first sign that we stumbled into some type of training range and probably should find our way out pretty quickly

We decided to do a quick explore and get out and found some other ranges as well. The ranges were not to exciting so I mostly just took pictures of the signs.

There were a few concrete bunkers and then a round field with a 8-10ft high berm all the way around that was littered with these signs. Anyone want to walk through there?

Then a few more area's

Behind the unexploded ordinance sign there were a lot of really cool old cars that have been shot up. I didnt have my camera with me and only had my cell phone so the quality is pretty crappy

Then on our way back out my buddy ends up burying his truck. Mind you those are 38.5" TSL Boggers and his truck has 8" of lift with Detroit lockers front and rear. The snow was DEEP and soft in that area.

After a few tugs we got him out and we were on our way.

It was an interesting afternoon that is for sure.

JimNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 11:14 AM   #1792
lgreve
1977 CJ7 

that is pretty cool it would be fun to go back there after making friends with some of the military guys and practice on those ranges
CHRISTIAN JEEPER #230
lgreve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM   #1793
silbotta

awesome
Unread 01-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #1794
robert_hollis
2006 TJ Wrangler 

JimNut,

That guy with the beard in the second photo looks like one of my friends down here in Houston! Seriously, he dresses like that, has glasses and a beard, and even stands like that with his hands in his pockets. If you're buddy's wearing a Triumph or mercury hat, and converse, I'm gonna poop myself out of excitement!

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/TJ?feat=directlink"]2006 TJ[/URL]
[URL="http://picasaweb.google.com/hollisr4/1979JeepCherokee?feat=directlink"]1979 SJ[/URL]
1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
robert_hollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #1795
rick_rob
1998 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE]A couple weekends ago me and a few buddies were up wheeling in northern michigan and somehow found our way into a military base on the 2 tracks. This was our first sign that we stumbled into some type of training range and probably should find our way out pretty quickly

We decided to do a quick explore and get out and found some other ranges as well. The ranges were not to exciting so I mostly just took pictures of the signs.

There were a few concrete bunkers and then a round field with a 8-10ft high berm all the way around that was littered with these signs. Anyone want to walk through there?

Then a few more area's

Behind the unexploded ordinance sign there were a lot of really cool old cars that have been shot up. I didnt have my camera with me and only had my cell phone so the quality is pretty crappy

Then on our way back out my buddy ends up burying his truck. Mind you those are 38.5" TSL Boggers and his truck has 8" of lift with Detroit lockers front and rear. The snow was DEEP and soft in that area.

After a few tugs we got him out and we were on our way.

It was an interesting afternoon that is for sure. /QUOTE]

That is camp Grayling there is a lot of cool trails around that area to the south.
rick_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 12:16 AM   #1796
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreve View Post
that is pretty cool it would be fun to go back there after making friends with some of the military guys and practice on those ranges
Making friends with the range control guys and getting them to let you go loose on the range sometimes takes an act of god... but if the range is isolated enough and you bring enough doughnuts....

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 03:10 AM   #1797
getoffmyland
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton58 View Post
i live 5 min from jungle habitat and goes wheeling on the outskirts of the park all the time. its now a public park and used as hiking trails
Are those trails people use when using wood cutting permits?
getoffmyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #1798
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Saw this today

sitting in the woods, compressor running nobody around. nice old powerwagon.

Last edited by krutj; 01-26-2010 at 03:42 PM..
krutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #1799
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

powerwagon.jpg  
Unread 01-26-2010, 03:56 PM   #1800
MidnightRider
1998 TJ Wrangler 

those power wagons are so bad arse and hard to find. awesome find

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.