Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 116 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-06-2010, 10:29 PM   #1726
Bl4cK_kNiF3
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEEHAW88 View Post
I believe they use the wind to generate electricity or some other form of energy...I'm not sure but thats my best guess. I'll ask next time I hit windrock.
yup, reusable energy. The wind turns em, generating electricity. pretty much free energy right there. all u need is a massive windmill thing and let it do its thing and your town now has power

theyre really pretty cool

Green Jeep Club Member #360
Bl4cK_kNiF3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #1727
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

this isnt in my jeep, but i was quadding with about 8 other people, and we were doing a trail ride right off stag hill road (supposedly in the 1960s and the 1970s, the ramapo mountain indians, did some crazy stuff up there) so about 5 mins into the trail, i see a burnt, shot up, and rusty station wagon. i thought it was spooky to see that. about a half hour later into the trail i see 3 55-57 chevy bel airs, also shot up, rusty and burned, all in a row, this was very very creepy, then another row of 3 pick up trucks of assorted brands, in the same condition.

i really was very hesitant to go, there are rumors of RMI hiding in the trees and watching you, and also pretending to have a broken down quad so you would stop and help, and they would steal your quad.

also there was a cross in the middle of the woods, with flowers around it and it said RIP and the boys name. so i asked the guy i went with and he told me that he was killed by rangers, supposedly it was a case of mistaken identity.

ramapo mountain indian- aka jackson whites, are a mix of hessians, runaway slaves, and caucasions. check google, dont want to say to much...

i will never going to Stag hill again, i just want to leave the people who live there alone from now on.

2012 Cherokee of the Year
2doorxj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #1728
YEEHAW88
2004 TJ Wrangler 

^^^just googled it...i found it very interesting. Your story kind of reminded me of "The Hills Have Eyes" sort of thing. lol
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:37 AM   #1729
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

Their was an old wheeling spot in this little area of trees right off the main road in a suburban area where I first got into wheeling at. Back their where a couple old cars with nothing left but the rusted bodies and the interior was a big rusted mess. Not wheeling but their is an old rock quarry around here that is used for scuba diving. Its about sixty feet deep and they have old cars, boats, they had a random mountain of computer monitors. There is an old sail boat where the underwater scene from "The Replacements" (the football movie with keanue reaves) waas filmed. Its pretty cool. but there is so much random stuff down their you could go out their 100 times and still find something new everytime!!
Unread 01-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #1730
ajstewart
1985 CJ7 

jackson whites are no joke!!! BECAREFULL THERE!!!
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #1731
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstewart View Post
jackson whites are no joke!!! BECAREFULL THERE!!!
i know theyre real, i just dont want to offend anyone with some of the other stories i have about them, my friends dad's cousin, used to "party" with them, the guy ended up killing himself, im not sure if its becasue of the Jackson Whites, but who knows.

the reason i dont tell the other stories ive heard is because when i drove by the apartment buildings, i saw a lifted cherokee, and thought maybe they could on JF.

so if your watching, i dont mean to offend you

Unread 01-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #1732
2doorxj
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

not going back anytiime soon!

Unread 01-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #1733
GrandLaredoWJ
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittyman View Post
These are at the top of Windrock (East TN). Look great in pictures... but man. Leaves you kinda speechless when you see them. You can see them from counties away.

Yes those are Wind Turbines. I think they are very cool, they are massive machines. Here's some dimensions on how big they are-
Height: Completed 330 feet from base to tip of extended blade
Blades: 110 feet each
Nacelle: (Where the generator is) 120,000 lbs. at 32 feet long x 12 feet wide x 15 feet high.
'00 Grand Cherokee/Rally Jeep-Ojibwe Forests Rally Heavy Sweep #95 -4" Teraflex Lift, Homemade Adj. Longarms, 33x10.50 BFG All Terrains, 4.2L built, bored, blueprinted & balanced, Lots more..
Red Jeep Club Member #499
MN Jeeper #48

Black '75 CJ5- Built 304, 4.88's, Dana 44 Spooled, Dana 30 Spooled, 4" lift, 35x12.50 tires
GrandLaredoWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #1734
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:58 AM   #1735
Comanche_

I've seen the wind turbine blades in transet on semi trucks, they are huge.
With more stupid comments? Two retards don't make a right.
Comanche_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 02:05 AM   #1736
Jeremy_C
1978 CJ7 

You guys up around East TN, Knoxville area check out www.bigsouthforkoffroad.com they wheel in the area, and in southern kentucky.
Jeremy_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 03:47 AM   #1737
USMCredneck
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandLaredoWJ View Post
Yes those are Wind Turbines. I think they are very cool, they are massive machines. Here's some dimensions on how big they are-
Height: Completed 330 feet from base to tip of extended blade
Blades: 110 feet each
Nacelle: (Where the generator is) 120,000 lbs. at 32 feet long x 12 feet wide x 15 feet high.
Sounds about right. When I was in high school I worked for a metal fab shop that was contracted by GE to build shipping racks for parts of those things. Apparently a lot of them are built in Pensacola, FL and shipped out to the midwest. Massive stuff.

And the best I have to add to this thread so far is Ive found tons of trash, an old shot up rusted car, and a nasty old mattress with condom wrappers all over the place.
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #1738
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know how special it is since I found it at an OHV park I go to, but on the trail that leads to the tallest point of the whole park there is a cave or something in this rock wall in the side of the cliff. It's a pretty small hole, I'd say maybe 4 feet in dia. at the biggest so you'd have to crawl in it pretty much. There's also some sort of number that was spray painted next to the opening so it's obviously something the park is aware of. I've wanted to get out with my mag light and explore it, but the trail is so narrow there is no way anyone could pass me and there is no where big enough for me to park off to the side. I'll try to get a pic the next time I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #1739
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrad1 View Post
I don't know how special it is since I found it at an OHV park I go to, but on the trail that leads to the tallest point of the whole park there is a cave or something in this rock wall in the side of the cliff. It's a pretty small hole, I'd say maybe 4 feet in dia. at the biggest so you'd have to crawl in it pretty much. There's also some sort of number that was spray painted next to the opening so it's obviously something the park is aware of. I've wanted to get out with my mag light and explore it, but the trail is so narrow there is no way anyone could pass me and there is no where big enough for me to park off to the side. I'll try to get a pic the next time I go.
Wheres the ohv park located?
Unread 01-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #1740
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silbotta View Post
Wheres the ohv park located?
It's at Hollister Hills OHV. I can't think of the name of the trail right now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.