Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 112 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 12-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #1666
78treehugger
1980 CJ7 

^^Sounds like the "gravity hill" here in Indiana. Very similar story about kids pushing a vehicle up a hill. Apparently 1 story is there was a bus full of kids that ran off the road and they all died. So if you park your vehicle at the bottom of the hill and shut it off. Then sprinkle powder or flour on your bumper then wait inside, your vehicle will be pushed up the hill. Once on top you can check your bumper and find small hand prints.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permision.
Salad is what food eats!!!
http://emptypocketsoffroad.org/
78treehugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #1667
cheapjeeps85
1999 TJ Wrangler 

thats crazy
cheapjeeps85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #1668
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

^ Wow man, that is a creepy yet awesome story.
sledgehammer199 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #1669
RedTeej
2000 TJ Wrangler 

When we were in high school, a couple of buddies and I were out in the middle of the woods on dirtbikes. We were real familiar with the area, and there wasn't a house or development for ~5 miles in any direction. We get real far out into the woods and are ripping through a big rock garden when out of the corner of my eye, I spot an old lady. I would guess she must have been in her 80s. She had a white sweater on and blue dress, with no pack/walking stick/water etc, and was sitting on a rock looking up into the trees, even as we passed on our 2-stroke dirtbikes which she HAD to notice. I was last in the group, and by the time I saw her we had passed the rock garden and my buddies who were better riders than me were far ahead. By the time I caught up with them and told them what I saw, it was 10-15 minutes later. We turned back to see if she needed help, and she was no longer there (or any where else on the trail in either direction).

It was creepy because she looked to be in no shape to go out for a leisurely walk that deep in the woods. She had a ton of wrinkles, white hair and was pretty overweight. There was no trace of her either, we went farther back down the trail in the opposite direction and couldn't find her. The land around there was marshy with very thick brush. It is almost inconceivable she walked off the path.

We still talk about her, and my only explanation I can come up with is she walked into the woods to die. When we went back to look for her, she hid to avoid being found so she could die peacefully and alone. It sounds dark, but I really have no other explanation for it.
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #1670
mikecrts
1983 CJ7 

A couple years back riding bikes with my dad we found a real old logging skid. Our barn is 100 years old and all the wood in the barn came out of our property. Also, I find trash and alot of other old stuff like washing machines, car doors, tires, seats from cars.

When my mom was younger she and her sister scared a guy because he was poching and they rolled up on him in an olive drab International Scout.
mikecrts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #1671
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecrts View Post
A couple years back riding bikes with my dad we found a real old logging skid. Our barn is 100 years old and all the wood in the barn came out of our property. Also, I find trash and alot of other old stuff like washing machines, car doors, tires, seats from cars.

When my mom was younger she and her sister scared a guy because he was poching and they rolled up on him in an olive drab International Scout.
grrr i hate poachers! Found one on my property once....
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #1672
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My friends and I were out Geocaching last Saturday night. We were in my friends 2DR JK and we were finding all the caches around his house. Well this one was kinda out in the middle of nowhere so instead of walking to it we found a way to access it by driving the Jeep. Well my friends were looking at some leftover Ike debris and I was like to heck with that look at the dude in the middle of the trail on his knee's! It was cold (in the low 40's) and very damp. Up in front of us maybe 100ft was a guy with just a flannel shirt, and blue jeans with either a camcorder or camera. Off to the side of the road was a dude on his belly with another dude sitting on top of him!!!!!! We came across some broke back mountain lovefest out in the middle of nowhere!!!! We continued on our way and found the cache and signed the log.

We all decided we would find another way out vs going back by the broke back mountain lovefest and that other way out consisted of a nasty mud bog with green stuff floating on the surface (nothing had been through that water for months). My friend drove in slowly at first, but that didn't work. On the second attempt it was all tall skinny pedal and lockers and we were able to get some traction and get out. My buddies Jeep looked like the swamp thing after that bog, but at least we didn't have to go back by those dudes!

Geocaching is a lot of fun, but sometimes you never know what you're going to run into!
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #1673
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ive heard of it alot, but what is geocaching?
Unread 12-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #1674
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Geocaching is where a bunch of people with GPS units go out and hide ammo cans, or tiny matchstick sized containers and fill them with a log or just a bunch of misc goodies. Then they go online and post the location of the cache and some hints on how to find it.
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #1675
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you for clearing that up! I hear people talk about it but have never done it
Unread 12-10-2009, 09:46 AM   #1676
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78treehugger View Post
^^Sounds like the "gravity hill" here in Indiana. Very similar story about kids pushing a vehicle up a hill. Apparently 1 story is there was a bus full of kids that ran off the road and they all died. So if you park your vehicle at the bottom of the hill and shut it off. Then sprinkle powder or flour on your bumper then wait inside, your vehicle will be pushed up the hill. Once on top you can check your bumper and find small hand prints.
Hahah, I think every state has one of those...
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #1677
rishar1
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
There is actually antother one like that about an hour and a half from where I live. Its in Somerset, KY its also named gravity hill.
rishar1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #1678
REBELoffaLEASH
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ehh, I have a local road I wheel on that is actually a public road, owned by Penndot, but it hasn't been maintained in AGES. There are some areas down there where lockers and 35s are a must. It runs in between some really redneck cabins, and a crick. (Yes, i said crick.) On the trail, it's actually kinda cool to see what you can find. There's a 60s International Scout shell, an EARLY Grand Wagoneer that's mostly complete, but under a fallen tree, an early 60s Buick, pushed down over a hill, and on it's lid right by the water, and a Ford F350 upside down just to the left of one of the aforementioned difficult areas, with it's axles and lift kit stripped off. I've also found coolers, and empty 5.75X51MM shell casings down there.
Unread 12-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #1679
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBELoffaLEASH View Post
Ehh, I have a local road I wheel on that is actually a public road, owned by Penndot, but it hasn't been maintained in AGES. There are some areas down there where lockers and 35s are a must. It runs in between some really redneck cabins, and a crick. (Yes, i said crick.) On the trail, it's actually kinda cool to see what you can find. There's a 60s International Scout shell, an EARLY Grand Wagoneer that's mostly complete, but under a fallen tree, an early 60s Buick, pushed down over a hill, and on it's lid right by the water, and a Ford F350 upside down just to the left of one of the aforementioned difficult areas, with it's axles and lift kit stripped off. I've also found coolers, and empty 5.75X51MM shell casings down there.
Trails Road?
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:06 AM   #1680
corndogduff

I'd see about gettin that Waggy outta there, but thats just me
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.