Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 111 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Save at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer PurchaseFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-30-2009, 11:42 PM   #1651
AlTheKillerr

a bit of a short story really but up in northern wisconsin (basically shawano lake) we decided to head out behind the lake we were at (Loon Lake) out on the indian reservation to look for bear one night. while we were out my dad stopped the car turned it off and got out to "look" for bear. the car lights turned off and he waited around for a while then snuck up to the car and banged against it causing my stepmom and sisters to scream. well we had the windows open and after they screamed we all laughed cuz the realized it was my dad. a split second later we heard screaming coming from further in the woods. like little kids screaming while being murdered. had to have been some 20-30 people doing it. it was a horrible noise. well we went to go get closer and check it out and see what it was and we ended up stumbling onto the Rama Behera Cult. they were in the woods in the middle of the night dressed in their cult garb doing who knows what. anyways we took off really fast after that. not all that scary to read but being there it was creepy beyond belief

AlTheKillerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #1652
jeepkween
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thought I'd add something to this after reading all the stories. I technically didn't find it, as it's located on a state park and has been "found" before, and it wasn't while wheeling, just while walking my dog. And it's not very unusual, but I still thought it was really cool. An abandoned farm turned into a state park. I've only walked a bit of the trails through here - there are TONS more and even a second entrance that I have yet to go through.

The biggest building - the barn

Pig sty? (Don't know, haven't seen that many to know what a pig sty looks like.)

This broken down shed was a LONG walk away from the main buildings - almost on the opposite side of the park.

One of the chicken coops next to the barn

An old part of a train

Another chicken coop
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #1653
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

OMG I LOVE those engines! I wanted a HO scale one so bad when I was a kid, but could never find one. I forgot what they were called, but IMO they looked awesome.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:34 AM   #1654
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkween View Post
Thought I'd add something to this after reading all the stories. I technically didn't find it, as it's located on a state park and has been "found" before, and it wasn't while wheeling, just while walking my dog. And it's not very unusual, but I still thought it was really cool. An abandoned farm turned into a state park. I've only walked a bit of the trails through here - there are TONS more and even a second entrance that I have yet to go through.

The biggest building - the barn

Pig sty? (Don't know, haven't seen that many to know what a pig sty looks like.)

This broken down shed was a LONG walk away from the main buildings - almost on the opposite side of the park.

One of the chicken coops next to the barn

An old part of a train

Another chicken coop
Jeepkween...........What is the name of that State Park in NY?? I am curious.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:44 AM   #1655
jeepkween
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJKJ View Post
Jeepkween...........What is the name of that State Park in NY?? I am curious.
I believe it is called Robert V. Liddell State Park... There's not much info about it online, though.
Unread 12-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #1656
barroninc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaJeepin View Post
Found 4 cases of really old leaky dynamite in the Arizona desert. Stayed way clear or it.

Found a 1906 tractor in a mine. The kind with a crank handle to start it. Brought it home and changed the oil. Put on a mag from a duce and a half and put fresh fuel in it and it cranked up. That thing had been in that mine for decades.
That's awesome! Wonder if you could shoot the TNT from a couple hundred yards away.
barroninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #1657
barroninc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfuzz View Post
It was probably a septic tank from an old RV
Nice Joe Dirt reference!
Unread 12-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #1658
Defiance665
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Bump for more stories!
Anyone from MidMichigan see anything interesting?
Defiance665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:37 AM   #1659
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance665 View Post
Bump for more stories!
Anyone from MidMichigan see anything interesting?
Found an outhouse sized shack in the middle of the woods near lewiston that looked like it had been there for 60 years. Inside there was no seat, just shelves. And all the shelves were PACKED with trophies. Big trophies too. But all of the trophies had little golden winnebagos on top of them, every last one. No idea who gets a trophy for owning a winnebago, let alone about 300 of them......and then store them all in some wooden shack in the middle of the woods.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 12-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #1660
barroninc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Found an outhouse sized shack in the middle of the woods near lewiston that looked like it had been there for 60 years. Inside there was no seat, just shelves. And all the shelves were PACKED with trophies. Big trophies too. But all of the trophies had little golden winnebagos on top of them, every last one. No idea who gets a trophy for owning a winnebago, let alone about 300 of them......and then store them all in some wooden shack in the middle of the woods.
That's where you put thing you don't want anyone to see.
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #1661
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barroninc View Post
That's where you put thing you don't want anyone to see.
IDK about anyone else, but if I could go out and win a couple hundred trophies for my winnebago, I think Id might have some pride over it, lol.

Maybe the wife told him to throw away all of his stupid RV awards, lol.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 12-06-2009, 06:50 PM   #1662
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

bump, any more finds from out wheeling?
silbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 03:58 PM   #1663
cragrat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

found a gas pump deer hunting last week, thought it was pretty cool. filler up

cragrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2009, 04:59 PM   #1664
corndogduff

^ was that area developed at one time, then abandoned for one reason or another? Just askin cause there are a couple "ghost towns" like that around here where you find a bunch of foundations, maybe a gas pump or light pole out in the middle of nowhere...
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #1665
rishar1
1973 CJ5 

Whew. Just finished this whole thread (4 days of reading). Lots of good stuff here. so I guess I'll throw in one of my storys. Not wheeling but in the jeep non the less.

Two weeks ago I was heading home from wheeling with a friend. I decided to take the old river road near my house cause its a neat little drive. As I pull on to the bridge my motor cuts out about halfway across (thats CJ's for ya) and I stop. Well I'm sitting there trying to get it started again when i notice I'm rolling backwards, up the incline of the bridge. I finnally roll all the way back off the bridge and back onto the regular part of the road.

So I'm weirded out by this enough as it is, but I get out to adjust the choke on the jeep to get it goin again (turns out I flooded it). But I un do the hood latchs and then happen to look down at the top of the hood and there in plin sight are 3 sets of hand prints in the coat of mud on the hood. One was adult sizesd and the other two were child sized hand prints WTF. So needless to say I get the Cj goin and head home again.

On the way home I stop at my parents house and tell them about it. My dad who is very christian and doesn't normally cuss, just looks and me and says "holy f*** it happened to you to?".

Turns out the story goes that back in the 70's a guy and his two kids were driving accross the bridge when they hit a patch of ice and went off the side into the river. It is (previously unknown to me) common knowledge that the man and his sons still haunt the bridge and will push stopped vehicles off of the bridge so that no one else meets the same fate as them.

Weird right? I never was much of a believer in ghost until that happened to me. And it definitly wasn't cause the bridge wasn't level, which it isn't, but I was rolling up the incline and on to the road which is to steep of an incline to just roll up.
rishar1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.