Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 110 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Jeep Stories > Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 11-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #1636
-ExDementia-
1991 XJ Cherokee 

I reading through the thread and came across this posted back in 06 on page 9. It made me lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I found a bunch of prostitute's skeletons one time. That was pretty freaky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer35 View Post
Like real peoples bones? You have to give us more info than that!
Quote:
Yep. Prostitutes have people bones in them just like everybody else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creature View Post
No. Freakin. Way.
Quote:
Yep. In fact most of them usually have an extra bone in them.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" [B]- George Carlin[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]Click [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/search.php"]HERE[/URL] for the elusive search button everyone talks about.[/SIZE][/B]
-ExDementia- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #1637
Mediarocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDementia View Post
I reading through the thread and came across this posted back in 06 on page 9. It made me lol

LOL

Currently Jeepless against my own will.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 08:49 PM   #1638
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Not wheeling, but odd none the less.

I came across this in the middle of the woods while kayaking some abandoned (and DEEP) canals. It looks like a dam used to control water levels in a lagoon that lays behind it. But obviously it is long abandoned, crumbling, and had a channel dug around it. No idea why it was needed. The lagoon beyond it is nothing but trees and lily pads. No idea what the canals were for either.

Front. (canal side)

Back. (lagoon side)

What area is this in? That would be cool to throw the kayaks on the Jeep and check the area out.

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #1639
ajstewart
1985 CJ7 

bump for more stories
Unread 11-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #1640
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundAssault View Post
What area is this in? That would be cool to throw the kayaks on the Jeep and check the area out.
SE michigan. There are many many kayakers in there during the summer. Its actually a state park.

Sterling State Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2009, 02:45 PM   #1641
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
SE michigan. There are many many kayakers in there during the summer. Its actually a state park.

Sterling State Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wow.....thanks for the info.....

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2009, 08:18 PM   #1642
goobooroo
1998 XJ Cherokee 

bump for more stories
goobooroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #1643
4pointOH1998
2013 JK Wrangler 

A month or so ago I was on a trail ride with a local club. Near the end of the day we found a mid 90s Chevy pickup abandoned in the woods.

It was really strange because the driver's door was open and the keys were in the ignition. In the bed of the truck were clothes for what appeared to be 3-4 people. In the rear seat there was some nice looking hunting equipment (bows, arrows, and knives).

It really threw us off because of the location of it was about 4-5 miles into fairly difficult terrain and the truck looked as if it had tried to be hidden. We didn't know if someone had gone out there and committed suicide or something more heinous.

We left and alerted the authorities, but it was still a really uncomfortable find.

Not much
4pointOH1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #1644
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

bump
need some more stories
silbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #1645
NoVaHunter
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Not really wheeling...however last year i was hunting at my farm in an open 10 acre field, and i could hear helicopters from a distance. The farm is within 10 miles of Quantico Marine Base. A few minutes later I noticed the noise was closer....and then 2 helicopters came over the field I was in and i knew they saw me because i had a blaze orange vest on as a hunting requirement and my truck, lifted white f150 was about a hundred yards away, and i would say these choppers were maybe 500 ft up, and they hovered over me for a few minutes, with the side door open and i could see someone looking down at me, and then the circled over the area for a few minutes, came back over me, and then went up to about 1500 ft and flew back towards the base. Maybe just some marines trying to scare the **** out of me? Who knows.
Unread 11-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #1646
silbotta
1994 YJ Wrangler 

bump.............
silbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #1647
SouthernPatriot
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm new to this forum having just bought my wrangler a couple months back but this thread is pretty awesome...I live in boring South Georgia where nothing is to be found haha
SouthernPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2009, 03:15 AM   #1648
Brok
1998 TJ Wrangler 

great read. I hope to see more stories soon
Brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #1649
Floppy

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernPatriot View Post
I'm new to this forum having just bought my wrangler a couple months back but this thread is pretty awesome...I live in boring South Georgia where nothing is to be found haha
I think you just need to do a little bit more exploring... I've been through some crazy areas in southern Georgia. I can't remember the names of any of the areas now but do some riding around and I'm sure you'll find something.
2006 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom
1974 Volkswagen Super Beetle (sunroof and 1904cc motor)
1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle (wolfsburg edition)
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #1650
sledgehammer199
2005 WK 

Well my roommate and I went for a little cruise when it was dark out around 9pm and I noticed this dirt road awhile back when I had my car. I finally got my Jeep up at school and did a little exploring. There was a slab of pavement with no access to it but that dirt road. After checking out some satellite images I realized it used to be an open coal mine. There are a lot of those around here. It is abandoned and the paths were washed out and had huge ruts. The weird thing about the flat slab of pavement is the designs it had on it.

There are actually two of those paved areas. Also we came upon those concrete platform with a ramp that just seems to drop off. I figured it must be for loading trucks, but I don't really know. We are going to go back out there the next sunny day and do some more exploring.

sledgehammer199 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.